Obama IS the savior!

Do you have a problem with saving people's lives? Do you have a problem of ridding this world of disease? Soon, there could be stem cell treatment labs in shopping centers and in hospitals just as we have doctor's offices today. Millions of jobs can be created off of this and hundreds of millions of lives can be saved. Know someone with cancer? Cured. Know someone with Parkinson's? Cured. Know someone with diabetes? Cured. And you oppose this??

I don't know... do I have to sacrifice unborn children to the saviour to receive these miracles ???..because if that's the case I will pass thank you very much..

Paul Harvey said that if we had only used the money spent on Iraq for alternative energy research, we would be oil-independent by now. He said that about 3 years ago.

The Iraq war, I believe, is coming up on $600 billion dollars spent.

We just spent $700 billion bailing out greedy Wall St. tycoons and insurance companies while they pass out dividends to their stockholders and spend our taxpayer money on vacations and spa treatments for themselves.

Plus another $150 billion on pork barrel spending.

Nearly $1.5 trillion and not one dollar has been spent on fixing our environment (I don't believe in GW, but I do believe the emissions from power plants and vehicles cause respiratory system problems as well as affect the overall health of people), not one dime has been spent on stem cell research and not one penny has been given back to the United States from the Iraqi government to repay us for the cost of the war.

Thank you, President Bush.

All in favor of an amendment to our constitution making Dec. 1 the inaguration of Obama?

I don't know... do I have to sacrifice unborn children to the saviour to receive these miracles ???..because if that's the case I will pass thank you very much..

Abortion is already happening in this country whether you like it or not. There is ZERO chance of a federal amendment banning abortion.

If your wife is dying of cancer, God forbid, and scientists have the ability to save her life using technology that we've learned from stem cell research of aborted feteses are you going to let her die because you morally disagree with abortion?

Do you have a problem with saving people's lives? Do you have a problem of ridding this world of disease? Soon, there could be stem cell treatment labs in shopping centers and in hospitals just as we have doctor's offices today. Millions of jobs can be created off of this and hundreds of millions of lives can be saved. Know someone with cancer? Cured. Know someone with Parkinson's? Cured. Know someone with diabetes? Cured. And you oppose this??

A lot of people have ethical / moral / religious (call them what you will) reasons, as you well know, for opposing embryonic stem cell research. And not one of those reasons has anything to do with wanting people with cancer, Parkinson's or diabetes to suffer further - as you well know again.

And for you to say "cured" as though all it takes is a few more dollars to make it a certainty in disingenuous to say the least.

Why would anyone "have a problem with saving lives"? What a stupid thing to say.

The Iraq war, I believe, is coming up on $600 billion dollars spent.

We just spent $700 billion bailing out greedy Wall St. tycoons and insurance companies while they pass out dividends to their stockholders and spend our taxpayer money on vacations and spa treatments for themselves.

Plus another $150 billion on pork barrel spending.

Nearly $1.5 trillion and not one dollar has been spent on fixing our environment (I don't believe in GW, but I do believe the emissions from power plants and vehicles cause respiratory system problems as well as affect the overall health of people), not one dime has been spent on stem cell research and not one penny has been given back to the United States from the Iraqi government to repay us for the cost of the war.

Thank you, President Bush.

All in favor of an amendment to our constitution making Dec. 1 the inaguration of Obama?

My GF keeps saying, "Why can't Obama just go ahead and take over now?"

Bless her.

Abortion is already happening in this country whether you like it or not. There is ZERO chance of a federal amendment banning abortion.

If your wife is dying of cancer, God forbid, and scientists have the ability to save her life using technology that we've learned from stem cell research of aborted feteses are you going to let her die because you morally disagree with abortion?

..a decrease as opposed to a increase in abortion alone would be a victory and... never say never...love is a powerful thing..

A lot of people have ethical / moral / religious (call them what you will) reasons, as you well know, for opposing embryonic stem cell research.

What is more moral? Using the aborted fetus for scientific research that could potentially save millions of lives or carelessly discarding it down the drain into our sewer systems?

Having a ban on abortion alltogether is out of the question. It's like a little a kid in a candy store pouting because she isn't getting what she wants. Abortion has been legal in this country for 30something years and will continue to be legal in this country because more people support a candidate who favors reproductive rights for women than a candidate who wants a federal amendment to ban abortion.

I say to you, social conservatives: Get over it. It's not happening. Abortion will be legal in this country for as long as this country survives. Bush and Reagan were your only chances for that to ever be overturned. Your fight is over. You've lost the war. If you have a problem with that, move to another country that bans abortion... like Iran.

Last edited:
..a decrease as opposed to a increase in abortion alone would be a victory and... never say never...love is a powerful thing..

Not going to happen. You can love all you want, but federal and most state laws allow women to have abortions. You and your wife can make a decision for yourselves never to have an abortion, but that's about it. Don't impose your version of morality upon me and my dying grandparents, or the hundreds of millions of people out there dying from diseases that embryonic stem cell research can cure.

Not going to happen. You can love all you want, but federal and most state laws allow women to have abortions. You and your wife can make a decision for yourselves never to have an abortion, but that's about it. Don't impose your version of morality upon me and my dying grandparents, or the hundreds of millions of people out there dying from diseases that embryonic stem cell research can cure.
name one treatment that has come from embryonic stem cells
(and YES, they have done research on several strains)

btw, there was no ban on ESC research, just on the federal funding of it

What is more moral? Using the aborted fetus for scientific research that could potentially save millions of lives or carelessly discarding it down the drain into our sewer systems?

Having a ban on abortion alltogether is out of the question. It's like a little a kid in a candy store pouting because she isn't getting what she wants. Abortion has been legal in this country for 30something years and will continue to be legal in this country because more people support a candidate who favors reproductive rights for women than a candidate who wants a federal amendment to ban abortion.

I say to you, social conservatives: Get over it. It's not happening. Abortion will be legal in this country for as long as this country survives. If you have a problem with that, move to another country that bans abortion... like Iran.

You see, there's your problem.

My post took issue with your flippant tone about something that is hugely emotional to a lot of people. It took issue with you implying that cures for these conditions are a sure thing. It took issue with you asking ridiculous questions. It was not a post about my position, that's just the way you read it.

For your information:

I'm not a social conservative, I'm slightly to the liberal side of the spectrum.

I'm pro choice, though I make an effort to understand and respect the views of those who are pro life.

I support embryonic stem cell research. I have a 10 year old daughter with Type 1 diabetes. So I'm delighted to hear that when Obama issues one executive order her diabetes will be "cured".

Just because someone diasagrees with you about the way you have expressed yourself, don't automatically assume they must be a conservative. Not that there would be anything wrong with that, as my conservative, pro-life wife reminds me.

thank you, i guess they didnt need federal funding for that, now did they?

That's one tiny research project. Imagine the number of research projects that could be opened up if we give billions of dollars in federal funding and actual human trials that could be conducted as well. Imagine how many people could be helped with this.

That's one tiny research project. Imagine the number of research projects that could be opened up if we give billions of dollars in federal funding and actual human trials that could be conducted as well. Imagine how many people could be helped with this.

We don't HAVE billions. What is it about being broke that you don't get ?

and how many could be helped if they used adult stem cells

Forum List

Back