Obama is in India

Oh shit! Now we'll find ourselves in a war with India.

India and the U.S. are formally friends now. They have issued what is called Declaration of Friendship.

---

Through this Declaration of Friendship and in keeping with our national principles and laws, we respect:

Equal opportunity for all our people through democracy, effective governance, and fundamental freedoms;
An open, just, sustainable, and inclusive rule-based global order;
The importance of strengthened bilateral defense ties;
The importance of adapting to and mitigating the impact of climate change through national, bilateral and multilateral efforts;
The beneficial impact that sustainable, inclusive development will have on our two countries and the world;
The centrality of economic policies that support the creation of strong and sustainable jobs, inclusive development, and rising incomes; and
Transparent and rule-based markets that seek to drive the trade and investment necessary to uplift all members of society and promote economic development.

India-U.S. Delhi Declaration of Friendship The White House

लाजवाब

:thup:

I am impressed brother :)

Chakram, chakram.

Some common characteristics between Ahimsa and Tikkun Olam.

Our world is small and we are all homo sapiens.

Nice to hear from you, भाई.

It is interesting that you mentioned Tikkun Olam because essentially that is what Modi and Obama are trying to do. They are trying to pave the path for a better future for people of the U.S. and India; Modi said thatthis will benefit the world as well.

What is your impression of Modi now that he has been in office for a while?

Leave it to CNN to act like this is some huge Presidential undertaking and grovel over the Obama's. If it had been Bush they would have had a mention on the running line at the bottom of their screen

sorry but it's just a Funeral

Funeral?

Are you in the right thread?

Leave it to CNN to act like this is some huge Presidential undertaking and grovel over the Obama's. If it had been Bush they would have had a mention on the running line at the bottom of their screen

What do you mean by this is just a funeral? Obama is there to participate in the Republic Day celebration. There is no funeral.

my mistake. I'm thinking of something else

More like you're not thinking at all.

IOW, for you, its just SSDD.

Last edited:

What do you mean by this is just a funeral? Obama is there to participate in the Republic Day celebration. There is no funeral.

These things happen when you always leave your brain at that door. Right, Staph?

Now, back to the OP:

Obama is in India.

The OP lists a HUGE list of accomplishments between India (the largest Democracy in the world) and the USA (the best known Democracy in the world) - well, actually, both countries are Republics.... maybe you could actually READ the OP like adults do. Eh?

Oh shit! Now we'll find ourselves in a war with India.

India and the U.S. are formally friends now. They have issued what is called Declaration of Friendship.

---

Through this Declaration of Friendship and in keeping with our national principles and laws, we respect:

Equal opportunity for all our people through democracy, effective governance, and fundamental freedoms;
The importance of adapting to and mitigating the impact of climate change through national, bilateral and multilateral efforts;
The beneficial impact that sustainable, inclusive development will have on our two countries and the world;
The centrality of economic policies that support the creation of strong and sustainable jobs, inclusive development, and rising incomes; and
Transparent and rule-based markets that seek to drive the trade and investment necessary to uplift all members of society and promote economic development.

लाजवाब

Chakram, chakram.

It is interesting that you mentioned Tikkun Olam because essentially that is what Modi and Obama are trying to do. They are trying to pave the path for a better future for people of the U.S. and India; Modi said thatthis will benefit the world as well.

Tikkun Olam: to repair (heal) the world through good deeds of lovingkindness.

Ahimsa: not to injure. Nonviolence, which then encourages deeds of lovingkindness.

Prince Arjuna proved this a long time ago. So did Vishnu.

I believe that Staph Infection is referring to the state Funeral in Saudi Arabia since the passing of their king. You must excuse poor Staph, her grasp of geography looks something like this:

Worldmap-Rightwing1.jpg

Dear Staph Infection: India and Saudi Arabia are not the same country.

Ain't it duh troodth.

Its the Sarah Palin School of Geography, where she can see Russia from her house and Africa is a country.

I think you are mistaking India with Saudi Arabia. He will leave for Saudi Arabia, I think on Tuesday. Today during our evening (India's morning), he will be the guest of honor for India's Republic Day Parade. India has never extended this invitation to any other U.S. president. Barack Obama is the first president to receive this honor. Under Obama's watch, trade between India and the U.S. has exceeded 100-billion dollars per year from almost nothing. Most of this money flows from India into the U.S. which helps create high-tech jobs in the U.S. As we speak, there are CEOs from large U.S. corporations discussing business deals with Indians. Last time when Obama was in India, he brought back 25 billion dollars worth of contracts from India. This time it is even bigger. He is there as an American not as a Democrat or Republican. He is bringing in these businesses for you and me not for himself.

I think you are mistaking India with Saudi Arabia. He will leave for Saudi Arabia, I think on Tuesday. Today during our evening (India's morning), he will be the guest of honor for India's Republic Day Parade. India has never extended this invitation to any other U.S. president. Barack Obama is the first president to receive this honor. Under Obama's watch, trade between India and the U.S. has exceeded 100-billion dollars per year from almost nothing. Most of this money flows from India into the U.S. which helps create high-tech jobs in the U.S. As we speak, there are CEOs from large U.S. corporations discussing business deals with Indians. Last time when Obama was in India, he brought back 25 billion dollars worth of contracts from India. This time it is even bigger. He is there as an American not as a Democrat or Republican. He is bringing in these businesses for you and me not for himself.

Wow. That is awesome.

---

लाजवाब

Chakram, chakram.

Not bad for a guy who used to be tea vendor :)

No. You simply aren't thinking.

These things happen when you always leave your brain at that door. Right, Staph?

Now, back to the OP:

Obama is in India.

The OP lists a HUGE list of accomplishments between India (the largest Democracy in the world) and the USA (the best known Democracy in the world) - well, actually, both countries are Republics.... maybe you could actually READ the OP like adults do. Eh?

Obama definitely deserves a great deal of credit for facilitating good relation between India and the U.S. I hope the momentum continues.

On a separate note, initial media reports referred to Republic Day as Independence Day but since then they have corrected their mistake. India won its independence on 15th August 1947 and then it became a republic on 26th January 1950.

लाजवाब

Chakram, chakram.

Modi?

दिलचस्प

Need to get some shut-eye, heavy work-week in front of me, but I would love to hear of your impressions of PM Modi sometime soon.

And if you have access to some cool pics during the President's visit to Bharat, I would love to see them, maybe you can post them here,
Vikrant , and शुभरात्रि

:D

Chakram, chakram.

Modi?

दिलचस्प

Where did you learn to write Hindi like that? :)

I have to say I underestimated him. My thinking was the guy does not have any impressive education and he was a tea vendor. So I was not sure how he was going to fare against other much more sophisticated heads of states. But it seems like he is doing all right.

Need to get some shut-eye, heavy work-week in front of me, but I would love to hear of your impressions of PM Modi sometime soon.

And if you have access to some cool pics during the President's visit to Bharat, I would love to see them, maybe you can post them here,
Vikrant , and शुभरात्रि

:D

Good night my brother. I will definitely post few more pics and videos as they become available. I have to work tomorrow too. So I will be getting off this forum soon myself.

Chakram, chakram.

Modi?

दिलचस्प

Where did you learn to write Hindi like that? :)

I have to say I underestimated him. My thinking was the guy does not have any impressive education and he was a tea vendor. So I was not sure how he was going to fare against other much more sophisticated heads of states. But it seems like he is doing all right.

Kind of invigorates your faith in homo sapiens, what?
Hindi? Google Übersetzer (translator).
But I spent 8 months in 2004 learning to write a good deal of texts from the Bhagavad Gita, in Sanskrit, per hand.
Yotsyamana... avek shäham....

Ah, memories.

She's an idiot. Don't listen to her.

Forum List

Back