Obama is going to win 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dick Tator, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Dick Tator

Dick Tator Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As someone who doesn't like Obama, it pains me to say it. But it's the truth. Neither Romney nor Santorum can beat him. Romney will feed into Obama's very argument about the rich. Obama will just say that Romney wants to lower his own taxes while hurting everyone else. Obama vs. Romney would play itself out like Robin Hood vs. Prince John. That would be the ONLY issue as they agree on most everything else. Romney MIGHT be able to pull it off, but it would be extremely close. It just depends on his ability to control the dialog but I don't see that as his strong point. That's actually Obama's strongest ability.

Santorum... If he gets the nomination Obama's win would be bigger than 2008. Santorum is a religious zealot. They agree on most everything else, honestly, and the religious thing is the only difference. Santorum would be like getting Pope Obama. His stances on things like women's rights and so forth would unite the left. His hardcore positions would also alienate the middle which is very secular. Elections can't be won without moderates. Santorum doesn't appeal to moderates at all.

I don't want to turn this into a Ron Paul thread because he's honestly not going to get the nomination... but I feel that he's the only one who could beat Obama. The right would vote for him, that's a given. He would appeal to many moderates with varying views, and he would appeal to many on the left who are sick of the wars, tired of Obama's taxing the people to subsidize the big banks/big business. This by itself would make up for the neo-cons who would sit out of the election.

Just my opinion. Take it as you will.

2. NLT

NLT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,820
    Dick Tator From DA?

3. Dick Tator

Dick Tator Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is there another? :p

4. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    I think Santorum has a good chance to beat Obama. I think he plays well in the rust belt. Some of the handful of the states that need to be flipped to win.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    This is like the 50th thread with the same title in the last month. I think we will see someone else jump into the race here before too long, maybe christy or jindal. Have to wait and see.

6. Dick Tator

Dick Tator Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The left does great when they have a "cause" to support. The cause of reelecting a horrible president doesn't appeal to many of them. However the cause of standing up against a theocracy and defending women's rights would unite them like never before. While America is overwhelmingly Christian, America is a secular nation. Secular Christianity rules the day. Santorum's brand of Christianity just wouldn't appeal to anyone except for the extremely unintelligent. He would have the Religious Right vote. So what? The Religious Right doesn't win elections in this country, especially if the candidate turns off everyone else.

7. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    I don't know...it elected W twice. Has the country changed that much in 10 years?

8. NLT

NLT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,820
    Whats up Tator? :clap2:

9. Dick Tator

Dick Tator Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Then you think wrong.

The ballot deadlines have come and gone. In fact, Romney and Paul are the only ones who are going to be on the ballot in all 50 states. Santorum and Gingrich didn't make the deadlines in many states. In fact, Virginia will be a race between ONLY Paul and Romney with neither Gingrich or Santorum qualifying.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. Dick Tator

Dick Tator Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    W was reelected in 2004 because the democratic nominee was a rich elitist who couldn't connect and actually turned off people. Romney is the same type of candidate.