Obama intends to veto the bonus tax bill

RightofCenter

Mar 16, 2009
Midwest
Just out, Obama intends to veto, ie: kill the bonus tax bill.

I no longer question if Washington or this Administration is corrupt. I now know all I need to know.

I no longer question if Washington or this Administration is corrupt. I now know all I need to know.

Wouldn't passing the bill set a bad precedent, though?

After all the news came out about the Senators and Congressmen that got money from AIG and associated companies that were gifted billions of $$$, and now they fought to get the bill passed quickly and suddenly, out of nowhere, Obama says, gosh, sorry?

Not to mention that Dodd is still wearing egg on his face from the fraudulent statements to the press.

I dont THINK SO.

LOL - Obama telemprompts outrage and then won't pass the hissy-fit Democrat bill from Congress to tax 90% of these bonuses?

Ah, the loons are running the asylum for certain!

obama.jpg

Wow, some respect for the rule of law.. who'dve thought?

It wouldn't been best not to give them the money to begin with... but I can't hold our congressmen to that high of a standard, huh?

You know what, the more you watch whats going on in Washington, it looks like a one armed man trying to swim in 25 foot waves. (with all respect to anyone that may have lost an arm, SINCERELY!)

This admin is floundering so badly it makes President Bush's administration look like a well oiled machine that had its ducks in row!

Last edited:

Obama gets a star! Let me add it to his overall 'star list':

Current Number of Stars: -1,423,872,345,981

Number of stars added: +1

Number of Stars Obama has as of now: -1,423,872,345,980

:clap2:

It was an idiotic bill you say? So you are in favor of us, the taxpayer, paying the bonuses of AIG executives?

WTH is wrong with this country????

It would be a sure way to put Pelosi and Frank in their place.

Show them that he is in charge and not the other way around.

It was an idiotic bill you say? So you are in favor of us, the taxpayer, paying the bonuses of AIG executives?

WTH is wrong with this country????

None of us are in favor of them being paid.

WE're opposed to creating a tax SPECIFICALLY for them, though.

See the difference?

Wow, some respect for the rule of law.. who'dve thought?

It wouldn't been best not to give them the money to begin with... but I can't hold our congressmen to that high of a standard, huh?

DITTO--I had to laugh when one respected economist stated--"you know" if we would have let AIG fail--there would be no worrying about a multi-billion dollar bail-out or retention bonuse's. These executives would already have been standing in the unemployment line.

So--the "dog & pony" show last week by Barney Franks was nothing more than that. They knew exactly that they had authorized these retention bonuse's--then Chuckie Schummer initiated the 90% tax & now OBAMA is going to veto the bill.

You know, politics doesn't get any better than this. It just goes to show how enept, how incompetent our federal government really is.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It seems this thread is a bit premature:

This story is from five hours ago. Does anyone have something more recent than that?

President Barack Obama has not said whether he would veto some version of a House-backed plan to heavily tax the $165 million in bonuses. Biden economist Jared Bernstein said it's important to look at what version of the proposal comes out of the Senate.

has the senate even passed this mess yet?
lets hope it never get to Obama to sign or veto

Forum List

Back