Obama Inauguration Will Generate More than Half-Billion Pounds of CO2

Some yutz named Jeff Poor makes up something for some blog and we're supposed to believe this garbage?

Man, you guys are so gullible... you don't care who says it or where it comes from so long as it fits some bizarre right wing fantasy.

:clap2:

True that. I was feeling kind of prickly and looking for a girl I know.

Some of the Libs around here practice a form of stupidity that defies a proper comback. Like the saying goes, you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Yep, they know of all the logical fallacies and exactly how to use them to their advantage.

I think the spending that will take place by ALL of these people will probably help the economy in that region, tremendously.

On another note, I think the spending on this inauguration is just a tad ostentatious, to say the least...

Last edited:

I already had to debunk this nonsense in another forum. This hogwash is being cranked out by nutfudge rightwing groups, and it's total crap. 575 million pounds of carbon equals about 300,000 tons -- roughly equal to the weight of all the cars registered in Washington DC.

Also, the report that the inauguration was going to cost $150 million was also found to be baseless speculation, repeated ad nauseam by Fox and Drudge.

This just in! The inauguration will require the murder of the homeless, burning down the Capitol building, and the raping of pregnant nuns!

Yawn.

$150+ million for an inauguration is a bit steep. However, it's a momentous occasion in our nation's history, let's enjoy it. We don't get a lot to celebrate about these days, so enjoy them while they last.

"A bit steep"? It is 4 times the cost of Bush's (which the left had a fit over) and 5 times the cost of Clinton. With this economy, it takes mighty big egos to justify such wasteful spending. What kind of message does this send where you begin your presidency with complete out of control spending? I hear no out cry from anyone in a position of power, the media and even most people.

It looks like this is just the beginning of more out of control spending (please don't reference Bush as everyone knows his governmental spending was over the top).

"A bit steep"? It is 4 times the cost of Bush's (which the left had a fit over) and 5 times the cost of Clinton. With this economy, it takes mighty big egos to justify such wasteful spending. What kind of message does this send where you begin your presidency with complete out of control spending? I hear no out cry from anyone in a position of power, the media and even most people.

It looks like this is just the beginning of more out of control spending (please don't reference Bush as everyone knows his governmental spending was over the top).

This is an incredibly historic moment in American history.

Millions of Americans want to be a part of it.

The same cannot be said for Bush's inauguration.

This is an incredibly historic moment in American history.

Millions of Americans want to be a part of it.

The same cannot be said for Bush's inauguration.

I also mentioned Clinton. I really don't see how this is any more "historic" than any other presidential election. We will just change hands from one career politican to another as we do every 4 or 8 years. I try not to buy into the American Idol hype that the media created for this man.

It may be historic that the man elected was probably one of the least vetted candidates and that people knew less about, than any election I remember. The media/left won. Unfortunately I feel the country lost, realizing there was really no one to vote for when it came time. For now all I can do is pray for the country since the mistake has been made.

what was the cost of bush's inaugural including security for dc and surrounding states like maryland and virginia for his first and second one?

By the way most of it is be covered by private donation! And Bush and Clinton didn't have as many death threats as Obama so I am sure the cost for security is much higher. And then there is inflation! Along with the fact there is going to be more people this time around. So why don't you guys figure in the amount of money cities within a hundred mile radius are going to make off this event.
Then figure the amount of money the airlines are making from it, the rental car companies,trains, cabs,public transportation, etc!

1. The $150 million price tag is completely unsubstantiated, but it is being peddled by...Fox and Drudge. What does this tell you?

2. When we do get the correct dollar figures, remember this: Bush's inaugural was 300K. Obama's pre-inaugural gala was 500K, and the inauguration itself will be about 2 million. So the Obama events will be handling eight times as many people. It's like comparing little Nathan's bar mitzvah with Woodstock.

I do think the cost of this inauguration is wasteful as with all of them...

I think the cost of this inauguration is no more expensive than the previous inaugurations, when calculated on a per person attending basis....and the dollar devaluation that has taken place between previous inaugurations.

The more people that show up to celebrate, the more it will cost....simple as that....and it looks like many, mnay more Americans want to celebrate this inauguration of Obama's than Bush's or Clinton's.

care

Forum List

Back