obama in his own words how he views the Constitution

It's better than any governing document that any other country has. Which is why we are a more perfect union.

What a non-answer. Yes or no. It's quite simple really.

The U.S. Costitution does not get any better. Name one existing governing document that is better than the U.S. Constitution?

You're still avoiding the question.

I agree with you, the US Constitution is the best founding/governing document in the world. I have no doubt that Obama thinks that as well.

But that doesn't mean its a "perfect" document.

Obama taught constitutional law at the University level for 10 years. I'm sure he understands it better than any right winger in the nation.

Maybe not. since he's the doofus who signed the unconstitutional health care bill into law. :lol::cuckoo:

Obama taught constitutional law at the University level for 10 years. I'm sure he understands it better than any right winger in the nation.

He was a "Senior Lecturer". He never taught a class in his life.

Last edited:
What a non-answer. Yes or no. It's quite simple really.

The U.S. Costitution does not get any better. Name one existing governing document that is better than the U.S. Constitution?

I agree with you, the US Constitution is the best founding/governing document in the world. I have no doubt that Obama thinks that as well.

there nothing in it I would change so yes it's perfect.

Really? You already said you're against a federal post office. That's in the Constitution.

What about birthright citizenship? Are you ok with Illegals coming to the US to pop out a kid, and the kid becoming a citizen? Cause that's in the Constitution too..

Really? You already said you're against a federal post office. That's in the Constitution.

What about birthright citizenship? Are you ok with Illegals coming to the US to pop out a kid, and the kid becoming a citizen? Cause that's in the Constitution too..

I think I have said the government has broken the postal service

What about birthright citizenship? Are you ok with Illegals coming to the US to pop out a kid, and the kid becoming a citizen? Cause that's in the Constitution too

I do not think I have expressed my opinion on Children born here by illegals. So for the record if a child is born here then they are a citizen.

I understand you questioning me to deflect the attention from how obama views the Constitution, but I have never signed an uncontitutional law, but obama has. When I said the healthcare law was unconstitutional. obama still signed it into law.

:shock:
My view on this video is that it is a 30 second cherry picked sample that doesn't offer a whole lot of context. He does raise a good point, that any cultural/social flaws in the way the founding fathers were raised would naturally influence the constitution. After all, the constitution condoned slavery and relegated slaves to 3/5 of a person. It was flawed enough that before it was even ratified, it was amended 10 times. It was flawed enough that it's been amended nearly 20 times more since.

:shock: My God, you're ignorant. Just . . . wow.

Almost 222 years I would say it's pretty close to perfect. It's protected all of your rights that you have.be thankful.

Unless you're African American or a woman, then not quite so much.

I'M a woman. Would you like to tell me what rights of mine are not protected by the Constitution which should be? I do so love being informed by total strangers what I'm supposed to think and believe, based solely on my reproductive anatomy.

I'M a woman. Would you like to tell me what rights of mine are not protected by the Constitution which should be? I do so love being informed by total strangers what I'm supposed to think and believe, based solely on my reproductive anatomy.

The original Constitution? The right to vote for starters.

The Constitution allows for change. Even the founders didn't think it was perfect.

What about birthright citizenship? Are you ok with Illegals coming to the US to pop out a kid, and the kid becoming a citizen? Cause that's in the Constitution too

I do not think I have expressed my opinion on Children born here by illegals. So for the record if a child is born here then they are a citizen.

I understand you questioning me to deflect the attention from how obama views the Constitution, but I have never signed an uncontitutional law, but obama has. When I said the healthcare law was unconstitutional. obama still signed it into law.

No, you clearly don't understand why I'm questioning you - it's certainly not to "deflect" from a topic that isn't even part of your OP.

You posted a two year old clip of an out-of-context quote in an attempt to bash Obama. I responded - not to defend Obama, who I don't give a shit about - but to point out that the Constitution is NOT a "perfect" document.

And I'm not a supporter of the Healthcare law, but it's not up to you, thankfully, to decide whether or not it's Constitutional.

No, you clearly don't understand why I'm questioning you - it's certainly not to "deflect" from a topic that isn't even part of your OP.

You posted a two year old clip of an out-of-context quote in an attempt to bash Obama. I responded - not to defend Obama, who I don't give a shit about - but to point out that the Constitution is NOT a "perfect" document.

And I'm not a supporter of the Healthcare law, but it's not up to you, thankfully, to decide whether or not it's Constitutional.

Here's our differences you want to change the constitution so to you it isn't poerfect. but as for me I do not want to change it so it's perfect just the way it is.

Which is normal for people who do not like something they will find something imperfect about it.

You posted a two year old clip of an out-of-context quote in an attempt to bash Obama. I responded

He's made negative comments about the Constitution before, when he was a state senator. so it was not taken out of context.

Maybe not. since he's the doofus who signed the unconstitutional health care bill into law. :lol::cuckoo:

Let's not forget Bush's unconstitutional acts. You know who else signed unconstitutional legislation? John Adams. And Bill Clinton. And many other US Presidents, and many a state governor. And how about all those legislators that passed those bills in the first place.

The fact that an elected official was involved in what turned out to be an unconstitutional law does not mean that they are instantly a "doofus" or mean much overall, in and of itself, except that the law was unconstitutional and that the said people involved were mistaken about the legality of the law.

:shock: My God, you're ignorant. Just . . . wow.

Oh, wow. What a great, thoughtful, in depth response. I post a set of facts, which you can go verify yourself if you so wish. But really, if you don't know that all of those things are true, then YOU are the one who is ignorant.

Let's not forget Bush's unconstitutional acts. You know who else signed unconstitutional legislation? John Adams. And Bill Clinton. And many other US Presidents, and many a state governor. And how about all those legislators that passed those bills in the first place.

The fact that an elected official was involved in what turned out to be an unconstitutional law does not mean that they are instantly a "doofus" or mean much overall, in and of itself, except that the law was unconstitutional and that the said people involved were mistaken about the legality of the law.

Let's not forget Bush's unconstitutional acts.

Yep thanks for the reminder, the act obama said he was going to repeal, but extended it's authority, yep obama's a great Constitutional genus

Yep thanks for the reminder, the act obama said he was going to repeal, but extended it's authority, yep obama's a great Constitutional genus

The problem that the Obamabots have is that they've painted themselves into a corner with all the "Obama's the smartest guy ever and a constitutional scholar" talk.

Not so much eh?

Actually, I directly asked YOU a question as to whether or not there was anything that you would change with the ORIGINAL Constitution. My line of questioning has nothing to do with how Obama views the Constitution.

So I see that you feel that the Constitution is perfect. I assume that you mean it is perfect NOW...which would mean that it was imperfect when originally written. Is that not correct?

The problem that the Obamabots have is that they've painted themselves into a corner with all the "Obama's the smartest guy ever and a constitutional scholar" talk.

Not so much eh?

Yep when you hang your hopes on a shinny star chances are sooner or later that star will fall, and there goes your shattered hopes.

Actually, I directly asked YOU a question as to whether or not there was anything that you would change with the ORIGINAL Constitution. My line of questioning has nothing to do with how Obama views the Constitution.

So I see that you feel that the Constitution is perfect. I assume that you mean it is perfect NOW...which would mean that it was imperfect when originally written. Is that not correct?

If I felt it wasn't perfect I would say it needed to be changed. So what isn it in the Constitution that you want changed? NoTerm limits for the president? Make him a king have no more election? What is it about the Constitution do you want to see go away? and made perfect in your eyes?

Forum List

Back