obama in his own words how he views the Constitution

It's not cherry picking when he has made the same comment previously. Cherry picking would be if he had said it once and taken out of context

And what context does this 30 second clip offer? It's an in depth question that's being presented, whether the constitution has flaws and what are the sources of those flaws, and how do they affect us today. A 30 second clip barely starts the conversation, and here you are claiming to be able to present a meaningful representation to the President's thoughts and perspectives on the matter.

How many times did Bush said "I talk to God"? That could be taken with alot of different contexts, all of which are going to be viewed negatively by someone out there.

When obama has said it before context in a 30 second video really doesn't matter.

When obama has said it before context in a 30 second video really doesn't matter.

Yes, it does. Like I said, how many times did Bush say he talks to God? The fact that he may have said it before does not change the fact that singling in on that one sentence does not provide a proper contextual backdrop, nor does it offer a full depth treatment of what he is saying. Here's one for you:

My sister is Jennifer Lopez.

I've said that may a time. I said it 10 years ago. I said it 20 years ago. But you're not getting any meaningful context from that one sentence, no matter how many times I've said it.

Almost 222 years I would say it's pretty close to perfect. It's protected all of your rights that you have.be thankful.

And in that 200+ years it's been changed nearly 30 times. And it doesn't protect your rights. As a matter of fact, many a time has a law been passed and executed that violated those rights. What protects people's rights is other people having the courage to resist illegal statutes, and our court system that existed before the constitution was even written.

So, the constitution is perfect?

lol

Almost 222 years I would say it's pretty close to perfect. It's protected all of your rights that you have.be thankful.

Almost perfect isn't perfect. It is the best document for governance created by man, but it still needs a few amendments, as many on the Right would agree (hint: search for comments from the Right in favor of flag burning and anti-anchor baby amendments for a start).

lol

Almost perfect isn't perfect. It is the best document for governance created by man, but it still needs a few amendments, as many on the Right would agree (hint: search for comments from the Right in favor of flag burning and anti-anchor baby amendments for a start).

Compared to wht oth countrieshav to offer i is perfect.

And in that 200+ years it's been changed nearly 30 times. And it doesn't protect your rights. As a matter of fact, many a time has a law been passed and executed that violated those rights. What protects people's rights is other people having the courage to resist illegal statutes, and our court system that existed before the constitution was even written.

And it doesn't protect your rights.

What School did you attend? did you make it through junior high?
Now here's a big question have you ever heard of the BILL OF RIGHTS?

Yes, it does. Like I said, how many times did Bush say he talks to God? The fact that he may have said it before does not change the fact that singling in on that one sentence does not provide a proper contextual backdrop, nor does it offer a full depth treatment of what he is saying. Here's one for you:

My sister is Jennifer Lopez.

I've said that may a time. I said it 10 years ago. I said it 20 years ago. But you're not getting any meaningful context from that one sentence, no matter how many times I've said it.

No context does not matter when he said it before.

The current draft is probably the best you'll find outside the Matrix (joke). It isn't perfect, but then again nothing built by man is.

The first draft had serious issues. No defined line of succession, no defined process for checking the Constitutionality of laws once they were passed. Poorly defined roles for the SCOTUS, etc. Almost all of that has been fixed up by this point in time.

The current draft is probably the best you'll find outside the Matrix (joke). It isn't perfect, but then again nothing built by man is.

The first draft had serious issues. No defined line of succession, no defined process for checking the Constitutionality of laws once they were passed. Poorly defined roles for the SCOTUS, etc. Almost all of that has been fixed up by this point in time.

Forget about what I said take a look at what gekaap said.

Obama taught constitutional law at the University level for 10 years. I'm sure he understands it better than any right winger in the nation.
yes surely Obama had never injected his personal views while proselytizing to his students either.....

FactCheck.org: Was Barack Obama really a constitutional law professor?
facts here say different. Even though the U of Chicago had allowed Obama to call himself "professor", Obama was titled as "senior lecturer" he was NOT a professor. Nor was he tenured. In fact Obama never taught more than3 classes per year. And not all of his classes were Constitutional Law.
Bottom line is Obama is no expert on the US Constitution.
Politically, Obama is a rank amateur.
Obama views the US Constitution as a roadblock to his agenda. He believes the US Constitution should be what allows the people and the States to have rights and allows government to dispense which rights it sees fit.
Obama does not believe the Framers were correct in their opinion that the power of federal government should be limited or restricted.

Last edited:
Wow you really try too hard. I think you should save all your money and run negative smear campaigns about how he isn't an American. It will work this time.

lol

You a big supporter of Birthright citizenship?

How about a federally funded Post Office?

Census?

No I'm a big supporter of Americans protecting their birth rights as American citizens.

How about a federally funded Post Office?
The post office isn't doing so good they're going broke.. How about that Federal Express?

CAN A LEPEROD CHANGE IT'S SPOTS?

Do you think his views have changed?

Heres a hint he's said before when he was a state senator.
Negative liberty's I think it was.

I have no idea what a lepreod is. Do you mean a leper? :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, what is the point of this thread? This topic has already been beaten to death several times. I understand it's a slow newsday and Obama has done nothing to make you rage further. However, no need to go back and rehash old news in order to keep the perpetual rage going.

I see you misspelled my misspelled word also
A Leopard
Leopard.jpg

I like to remind you liberal how much obama wants to change the constitution, his views from the 90's haven't changed. Even though this was from 2009 I doubt his view has changed any.

Lepers have spots too
Maybe thats what he meant :lol:

Good ole Reb....USMBs answer to Archie Bunker

Forum List

Back