obama in his own words how he views the Constitution

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I will reserve my comments on the video until later.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnnjKzjAO7E&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/ame]

My view on this video is that it is a 30 second cherry picked sample that doesn't offer a whole lot of context. He does raise a good point, that any cultural/social flaws in the way the founding fathers were raised would naturally influence the constitution. After all, the constitution condoned slavery and relegated slaves to 3/5 of a person. It was flawed enough that before it was even ratified, it was amended 10 times. It was flawed enough that it's been amended nearly 20 times more since.

Fortunately opinions and leopard spots are nowhere near being the same thing.

CAN A LEPEROD CHANGE IT'S SPOTS?

Do you think his views have changed?

Heres a hint he's said before when he was a state senator.
Negative liberty's I think it was.

I have no idea what a lepreod is. Do you mean a leper? :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, what is the point of this thread? This topic has already been beaten to death several times. I understand it's a slow newsday and Obama has done nothing to make you rage further. However, no need to go back and rehash old news in order to keep the perpetual rage going.

CAN A LEPEROD CHANGE IT'S SPOTS?

Do you think his views have changed?

Heres a hint he's said before when he was a state senator.
Negative liberty's I think it was.

I have no idea what a lepreod is. Do you mean a leper? :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, what is the point of this thread? This topic has already been beaten to death several times. I understand it's a slow newsday and Obama has done nothing to make you rage further. However, no need to go back and rehash old news in order to keep the perpetual rage going.

I see you misspelled my misspelled word also
A Leopard
Leopard.jpg

I like to remind you liberal how much obama wants to change the constitution, his views from the 90's haven't changed. Even though this was from 2009 I doubt his view has changed any.

Obama taught constitutional law at the University level for 10 years. I'm sure he understands it better than any right winger in the nation.

A Leopard
Leopard.jpg

I like to remind you liberal how much obama wants to change the constitution, his views from the 90's haven't changed. Even though this was from 2009 I doubt his view has changed any.

:lol: Not much on the humor uptake, are you?

I would like to remind you that this topic has had it's horse beaten to death so much that they get to get a new one because of the smell. You still haven't told me what the point of putting this thread in politics is other then to have something to complain about when it comes to Obama.

Does this mean I get to start making random threads about things I didn't like that Bush said that has absolutely no new developments whatsoever?

My view on this video is that it is a 30 second cherry picked sample that doesn't offer a whole lot of context. He does raise a good point, that any cultural/social flaws in the way the founding fathers were raised would naturally influence the constitution. After all, the constitution condoned slavery and relegated slaves to 3/5 of a person. It was flawed enough that before it was even ratified, it was amended 10 times. It was flawed enough that it's been amended nearly 20 times more since.

He felt the same way back ing the 90's. I would not call it cherry picking

Last edited by a moderator:
A Leopard
Leopard.jpg

:lol: Not much on the humor uptake, are you?

I would like to remind you that this topic has had it's horse beaten to death so much that they get to get a new one because of the smell. You still haven't told me what the point of putting this thread in politics is other then to have something to complain about when it comes to Obama.

Does this mean I get to start making random threads about things I didn't like that Bush said that has absolutely no new developments whatsoever?

Fine keep remionding me. I will remind you obama's views have not changed.

Obama taught constitutional law at the University level for 10 years. I'm sure he understands it better than any right winger in the nation.
No he didn't, you fathead.

He was merely a guest lecturer on something for which he has utter contempt.

I was going to let deany wennie keep dreaming that you big meanie.:lol:

Does not change the fact that this is as 30 second clip of an in depth subject, without any contextual reference able to be derived from it.

Does not change the fact that this is as 30 second clip of an in depth subject, without any contextual reference able to be derived from it.

It's not cherry picking when he has made the same comment previously. Cherry picking would be if he had said it once and taken out of context

It's not cherry picking when he has made the same comment previously. Cherry picking would be if he had said it once and taken out of context

And what context does this 30 second clip offer? It's an in depth question that's being presented, whether the constitution has flaws and what are the sources of those flaws, and how do they affect us today. A 30 second clip barely starts the conversation, and here you are claiming to be able to present a meaningful representation to the President's thoughts and perspectives on the matter.

How many times did Bush said "I talk to God"? That could be taken with alot of different contexts, all of which are going to be viewed negatively by someone out there.

Forum List

Back