Obama if congress passes bill it is constitutional

Obama's a fucking retard, no wonder he never released a single scrap of paper from his time as "President" of Harvard Law

He has a fundamental misunderstanding about the Constitution and that's probably clear from his Law days scribbling

Even if it was true that once Congress passes a law it is presumed to be Constitutional, inherent in that argument is that Congress had read and understood the law so that it was passed on a reasoned and knowledgable basis. No one read this law, ever. Not even the people who wrote it read it. If Congress had read it, then there is some basis to say that Congress passed a law they considered Constitutional at the time it was passed.

This isn't the case. In this case, 20 chimpanzees could have churned out 2,700 pages of random keystrokes to be the law of the land.

I absolutely love the double standard too. Judicial activism bad if it's not the left doing it.

You begged for the band to play that way, now you're going to bitch about the song?

the mandate has ZIP to do with covering pre-existing conditions, and Obama knows it. The mandate is how he expects to PAY for Obamacare. No mandate. 95% of the law will collapse for lack of funding.

The Mandate helps the insurance companies pay for the rest of the bill. If the Mandate goes, it isn't the law that collapses, it will be the insurance companies.

the mandate has ZIP to do with covering pre-existing conditions, and Obama knows it. The mandate is how he expects to PAY for Obamacare. No mandate. 95% of the law will collapse for lack of funding.

If the Mandate goes, it isn't the law that collapses, it will be the insurance companies.

Wrong, the dems threw out the severability clause....

Funny we don't seem to hear much in this case from that portion of the Right, a very big portion,

that constantly rants against the 'unelected' judges who wield too much power to overthrow the will of the People.

that would be because Obamacare was NOT the will of the people, jackass. The majority are still against it.

You need to review how a bill becomes law.

I am perfectly aware of how a bill becomes a law, dipshit. A bill becoming a law does NOT mean that the majority of the people supported it.

If the Mandate goes, it isn't the law that collapses, it will be the insurance companies.

Wrong, the dems threw out the severability clause....
So it IS all or nothing? Good.

I'll be regretting that if SCOTUS says it's constitutional, but I'm quite certain they won't.

At this time the health care act is the law of the land. The president has signed the bill passed by both houses of Congress. The Congress was elected by the people and supposedly carry out the people's will.
The Constitution never spelled out the power of the Supreme Court to declare laws unconstitutional, the Court simply assumed that power in a famous case, Marbury v. Madison.
So far, I have seen nothing that indicates Obama does not understand the Constitution, but there does seem some confusion on these boards.

I think Obama understands the constitution, his unwillingness to adhere to it is the problem.....

At this time the health care act is the law of the land. The president has signed the bill passed by both houses of Congress. The Congress was elected by the people and supposedly carry out the people's will.
The Constitution never spelled out the power of the Supreme Court to declare laws unconstitutional, the Court simply assumed that power in a famous case, Marbury v. Madison.
So far, I have seen nothing that indicates Obama does not understand the Constitution, but there does seem some confusion on these boards.

Obama has a disconnect with the Constitution, American history and reality if he believes that Congress passing a law automatically makes it Constitutional.

This is why he won't release a single scrap of paper from his days as "President" of Harvard Law review

Your statement is correct.

I will point out that Rober Bork sides with Marshall in his famous ruling. However, what is not clear is the enforcement power he supports.

In the end, though, Obama can't possibly ignore he fact that the USC was intended to limit the powers of the fed.

The federalist papers make that clear.

He should have never campaigned for, pushed for, and signed this bill or any bill related to health care.

incorrect. Running the country and 'doing the will of the people' are two different things.

Funny how a constitutional lawyer doesn't understand the concept of separation of powers and role the Supreme Court Plays in interpreting the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If not for the Supreme Court we would not have any rights or freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, FDR would have done away with those years ago.

Funny how a constitutional lawyer doesn't understand the concept of separation of powers and role the Supreme Court Plays in interpreting the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If not for the Supreme Court we would not have any rights or freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, FDR would have done away with those years ago.

Not for lack of trying either

Why is there even an amendment procedure within the constitution if what the president says is true? If a majority of congress can pass a bill and it therefore immediately becomes constitutional then why is there even a section on amendments? Our president is supposed to be a constitutional professor you would think he would know that.

Obama: Supreme Court won?t overturn health care law - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

The SCOTUS has overturned over 185+ laws pased by Congress since the 1700's. Obama's either not all that, or, he's just dishonest.

Why is there even an amendment procedure within the constitution if what the president says is true? If a majority of congress can pass a bill and it therefore immediately becomes constitutional then why is there even a section on amendments? Our president is supposed to be a constitutional professor you would think he would know that.

Obama: Supreme Court won?t overturn health care law - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

The SCOTUS has overturned over 185+ laws pased by Congress since the 1700's. Obama's either not all that, or, he's just dishonest.

He's suffers from Malignant Narcissism

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ological-analysis-of-obama-post-november.html

I told you so

"Barack Hussein Obama, America's 44th President present as a typical narcissist.

He has a has a distorted sense of self-importance, he wrote not one, but two autobiographies before he had done anything (except write his first autobiography)

He filters everything through his inflated ego, his State of the Union address and in fact, every address is "me me me I I I" "As I said in Cairo..." etc.

He is arrogant, dismissive, even derisive of others. He cannot get along with anyone who refuses to worship him. Hence, even though Republicans are in a veto proof minority position, he complains like a little boy about how they refuse to worship him and his ideas.

He has passed the most ambitious Progressive agenda ever foisted upon the American people, the government has seized de facto control of the banks, insurance companies, car companies and the very lives of all its citizens but he still feels unloved and unappreciated. That's at the height of his success.

After losing his Progressive friends in Congress in November, Obama will likely demonstrate 2 unpleasant aspects of his Narcissism which may lead to further complications and problems:

Low Openness. Obama has difficulty adapting to change and has no tolerance for different points of view. This manifests in his recent whiny "I can't get along with the GOP" Proclamation. He will descend into himself like Nixon at the end of Watergate or Hitler in the Berlin bunker surrounded by enemies real or imagined.

Low Agreeableness. His paranoia, cynicism and inability to trust even friends or family will erupt explosively at times. His lack of respect for social conventions and respect for laws and traditions will see a President acting and saying things that are truly bizarre, unPresidential and unprecedented.

In short, American, and the world, will witness a man unraveling before their very eyes. Sometimes a petulant little boy wronged, other times a vicious dictator stepping on the necks of his enemies.

It won't be pretty and it might be downright dangerous.

God help us."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back