Obama honors Led Zeppelin.

Shreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Obama is sooooooooo kewl!

2011_2_8beatlemania.jpg

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Obama Fan Gifts & Merchandise | Obama Fan Gift Ideas | Unique - CafePress

Robert Plant lives in Austin Texas, makes bluegrass music with Alison Krauss and listens to Alex Jones.

You still think he's cool Sallow?

Yep.

Unlike Conservatives..I basically don't really care what the people who make art, I appreciate, do in their private time.

I'm also a big fan of Bruce Willis, Prince, Clint Eastwood, The Ramones, Mel Gibson and Alice Cooper.

I too try to separate the entertainer from their political lean. The only time I get ticked off is when they choose to use the time I paid to be entertained by them to politicize.

:eusa_shifty:

Erm..now who would that be?

Many acts marry their politics to their art.

Like, for example, Bruce Springsteen.

Anyone thinking "Born in the USA" wasn't an anti-Vietnam song..didn't really pay attention to it.

Yep.

Unlike Conservatives..I basically don't really care what the people who make art, I appreciate, do in their private time.

I'm also a big fan of Bruce Willis, Prince, Clint Eastwood, The Ramones, Mel Gibson and Alice Cooper.

I too try to separate the entertainer from their political lean. The only time I get ticked off is when they choose to use the time I paid to be entertained by them to politicize.

Anyone thinking "Born in the USA" wasn't an anti-Vietnam song..didn't really pay attention to it.

I am not talking about their product or its genre. I am talking about the time I pay for them to entertain me in a concert or a show. Get on stage and perform please. When I come to hear music I want to hear music.

I am not talking about their product or its genre. I am talking about the time I pay for them to entertain me in a concert or a show. Get on stage and perform please. When I come to hear music I want to hear music.

Um..

Wooooooossssshhhhhhhhhh...

But this post is not unusual.

Ryan cites Rage Against the Machine as one of his faves.

Obviously..he doesn't get them. Or he doesn't care and just likes the music.

Led Zep overrated?

LOLz

yes....

and some would say they are the most hyped cover band in history.

Here is a list of songs that the classic band Led Zeppelin lifted from other artists - without credit. In some cases, they got sued for stealing other people's music, in some cases, in the less litigious days of the Sixties, they just got away with it.

Cover Band? 5 Songs Stolen By Led Zeppelin | Interesting Facts, Trivia and Opinion

Led Zep never hid that they were influenced by previous musicians especially Delta blues, but to call them a "cover band" is silly.

Babe I'm gonna Leave You
When the Levee Breaks
Gallows Pole

Sure, other had prior versions, but anything Zep touched because uniquely theirs in a way no other band at the time could match

(OMG Just listened to Spirit "Taurus" (the toured with Led Zep for three years) and at 52 seconds he stole "Tales of Brave Ulysses!!!))

Last edited:

Um..

Wooooshhhhhhhhhhh for you Sallow!

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

I don't mind that a song has political overtones. I know this when I buy a concert ticket to said group or artist. I am clearly talking about using the concert stage to talk politics. Bully pulpit stuff.

Um..

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

I don't mind that a song has political overtones. I know this when I buy a concert ticket to said group or artist. I am clearly talking about using the concert stage to talk politics. Bully pulpit stuff.
I think folks walked out of a Madonna concert recently just for that reason. Of course, she was probably 40 minutes late to that, too....

Led Zep overrated?

LOLz

yes....

and some would say they are the most hyped cover band in history.

Here is a list of songs that the classic band Led Zeppelin lifted from other artists - without credit. In some cases, they got sued for stealing other people's music, in some cases, in the less litigious days of the Sixties, they just got away with it.

Cover Band? 5 Songs Stolen By Led Zeppelin | Interesting Facts, Trivia and Opinion

Led Zep never hid that they were influenced by previous musicians especially Delta blues, but to call them a "cover band" is silly.

Babe I'm gonna Leave You
When the Levee Breaks
Gallows Pole

Sure, other had prior versions, but anything Zep touched because uniquely theirs in a way no other band at the time could match

(OMG Just listened to Spirit "Taurus" (the toured with Led Zep for three years) and at 52 seconds he stole "Tales of Brave Ulysses!!!))

Exactly! Many of these bands were influenced by the blues. I can think of tons of artists and groups. Aerosmith being one and I love their stuff.

The Stones
Canned Heat
Cream
Mountain
Govt Mule

Um..

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

I think folks walked out of a Madonna concert recently just for that reason. Of course, she was probably 40 minutes late to that, too....

Exactly. Shut up and sing. If you want to talk politics then create a separate event. If I pay for music I want music.

Robert Plant lives in Austin Texas, makes bluegrass music with Alison Krauss and listens to Alex Jones.

You still think he's cool Sallow?
How do you know what he listens to?

And what's wrong with Allison? The girl can play and sing.

Yeah I know, Del..you a Rush fan.

The "anti-Zeppelin"

Got Geddy?

:D

rush is one band I know nothing about.

I was thinking there is a good reason why.

that is likely it.

I could not even name one song of theirs.

Its likely because nothing they ever did impressed me as talent
They are very talented musicians. But they are Canadians. Americans tend to dismiss everything from Canada, which is just another example of our misplaced arrogance and superiority complex.

Forum List

Back