Obama honors Led Zeppelin.

Ahh, but where does it say that you are paying for music? Nowhere. You are making an assumption.

You are paying to see an artist live. If that artist sits and reads the phone book on stage, you are welcome to trash that artist afterward. I basically paid to watch David Lee Roth drink a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's now my right to say that concert was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Well, I do pay for the music and if they fall down on the job by using their bully pulpit to rant politically then I will not be buying another concert ticket. Pretty simple concept Synth.

David Lee Roth fell down on the job. A couple of times. :lol: Then he decided to just sit on the edge of the stage.

at least you didn't have to listen to him sing...

Ahh, but where does it say that you are paying for music? Nowhere. You are making an assumption.

You are paying to see an artist live. If that artist sits and reads the phone book on stage, you are welcome to trash that artist afterward. I basically paid to watch David Lee Roth drink a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's now my right to say that concert was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Well, I do pay for the music and if they fall down on the job by using their bully pulpit to rant politically then I will not be buying another concert ticket. Pretty simple concept Synth.

David Lee Roth fell down on the job. A couple of times. :lol: Then he decided to just sit on the edge of the stage.

lol

Steven Tyler took a tumble too. It ain't easy being an aging rocker.

just sayin...he had to read off the teleprompter to list the band members as well as the years they sang.
Obviously he isn't that much of a fan if he doesnt know their names.

He is definitely a special needs person when it comes to talking off the cuff.

Rolling Stone mag interviewed him and he said he listened to Elton John and Earth, Wind & Fire. Stevie Wonder was his top favorite during the 70s. He also liked The Stones "Gimme Shelter" and mentioned he liked Dylan.

Hmm...liking both Elton and EW&F...okay...but also Dylan?
You can't get much different than EW&F and then Bob Dylan...kinda opposite in every way.

they stole a bunch of blues songs, especially the first two albums.

basically, they ripped off poor black guys.

classy
They pulled an Elvis. Or a Pat Boone.

yeah, but elvis didn't steal credit for writing, iirc.

pat boone :lmao:
True!

Pat Boone fucked Little Richard and never gave him a reach-around.

Have you ever heard his hit version of 'Tutti-Fruity'? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxTvffJqOg]Pat Boone-Tutti frutti - YouTube[/ame]

They pulled an Elvis. Or a Pat Boone.

yeah, but elvis didn't steal credit for writing, iirc.

pat boone :lmao:
True!

Pat Boone fucked Little Richard and never gave him a reach-around.

Have you ever heard his hit version of 'Tutti-Fruity'? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxTvffJqOg]Pat Boone-Tutti frutti - YouTube[/ame]

Negged!

Dammit, first folks tell me about zombie sharks and underwater zombies and then you post that vid????????

*no bad dreams tonight...no bad dreams tonight...no bad dreams tonight....*

just sayin...he had to read off the teleprompter to list the band members as well as the years they sang.

Rolling Stone mag interviewed him and he said he listened to Elton John and Earth, Wind & Fire. Stevie Wonder was his top favorite during the 70s. He also liked The Stones "Gimme Shelter" and mentioned he liked Dylan.

Hmm...liking both Elton and EW&F...okay...but also Dylan?
You can't get much different than EW&F and then Bob Dylan...kinda opposite in every way.

Yes but I can relate to that part. I am not a Dylan fan but my music tastes are not limited to one genre at all.

Oh and I can't stand music elitists. Enjoy the damn music/artists you want and don't expect everyone to like the same. There is nothing more subjective than music and art and that is as it should be.

I think it's precious that you bitterly cling to your failed talking points. :lol:

Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

Watch some of the video at the bottom of the page. :lol:

I think it's precious that you bitterly cling to your failed talking points. :lol:

Hey! That was my touch of humor you silly dolt! :D

Are you telling me that making fun of Presidents is now off limits? Since when? :eusa_angel:

at least you didn't have to listen to him sing...
You're right - even before he got too drunk, he didn't really sing the sonds. It was more like a half-sing/half-recitation of the lyrics.

After that show, I never questioned them booting him in favor of Sammy.

lol

Steven Tyler took a tumble too. It ain't easy being an aging rocker.
But this Van Halen concert was in 1984/85. He was still a young rocker.

Then he became an unemployed rocker. :lol:

Are you telling me that making fun of Presidents is now off limits? Since when? :eusa_angel:
You don't make fun of a Messiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

OMG...Pat Boone...I could have lived the rest of my life and never again been reminded of this wannabe.
Is it possible to listen to this blasphemes disaster and not laugh out loud???

Last edited by a moderator:
How cool is that?

Obama honors Led Zeppelin at Kennedy Center event - POLITICO.com

President Obama has a whole lotta love for Led Zeppelin and four other performers he honored Sunday night at the White House.

Speaking in the East Room, Obama touted David Letterman’s comedy, Dustin Hoffman’s acting, Buddy Guy’s music and Natalia Makarova’s dancing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJkDewhTEw]Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll (Live Video) - YouTube[/ame]

How cool?

Super cool Brewster! :clap2:

Why is he honoring a British band?

How cool is that?

Obama honors Led Zeppelin at Kennedy Center event - POLITICO.com

President Obama has a whole lotta love for Led Zeppelin and four other performers he honored Sunday night at the White House.

Speaking in the East Room, Obama touted David Letterman’s comedy, Dustin Hoffman’s acting, Buddy Guy’s music and Natalia Makarova’s dancing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJkDewhTEw]Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll (Live Video) - YouTube[/ame]

How cool?

Super cool Brewster! :clap2:

Why is he honoring a British band?
Oh, shit. Good point.

You don't make fun of a Messiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

I spare no one my ridicule and bad humor. *evil laugh

I wonder if Michelle yells "Oh Messiah!!!!!" in the throes of passion with her man?

Attachments

• $obama_wise_men.jpg
    $obama_wise_men.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 63

Forum List

Back