Obama honors Led Zeppelin.

53499d1278823292t-heartbreaker-solo-led-zep-004-jpg

Cool! Ant races!

Yeah I know, Del..you a Rush fan.

The "anti-Zeppelin"

Got Geddy?

:D

rush is one band I know nothing about.

I was thinking there is a good reason why.

that is likely it.

I could not even name one song of theirs.

Its likely because nothing they ever did impressed me as talent
They are very talented musicians. But they are Canadians. Americans tend to dismiss everything from Canada, which is just another example of our misplaced arrogance and superiority complex.

they have no heart

:eusa_whistle:

they stole a bunch of blues songs, especially the first two albums.

basically, they ripped off poor black guys.

classy

you might want to actually have listened to the first 2 albums before you make ridiculous comments such as the above

Led Zep overrated?

LOLz

yes....

and some would say they are the most hyped cover band in history.

Here is a list of songs that the classic band Led Zeppelin lifted from other artists - without credit. In some cases, they got sued for stealing other people's music, in some cases, in the less litigious days of the Sixties, they just got away with it.
Cover Band? 5 Songs Stolen By Led Zeppelin | Interesting Facts, Trivia and Opinion

Led Zep never hid that they were influenced by previous musicians especially Delta blues, but to call them a "cover band" is silly.

Babe I'm gonna Leave You
When the Levee Breaks
Gallows Pole

Influence is one thing. Lifting whole sections of music or lyrics is another.

Sure, other had prior versions, but anything Zep touched because uniquely theirs in a way no other band at the time could match

(OMG Just listened to Spirit "Taurus" (the toured with Led Zep for three years) and at 52 seconds he stole "Tales of Brave Ulysses!!!))
Then they should have credited those songwriters.

Amazing - you'll get apoplectic over a 1988 Joe Biden speech that he gave dozens of times, always crediting the original writer, except that one time. And you label him a plagiarist for that one time. But Led Zep steals songs and you defend it.

There's a derogatory word for people like you: Republican.

I am not talking about their product or its genre. I am talking about the time I pay for them to entertain me in a concert or a show. Get on stage and perform please. When I come to hear music I want to hear music.

Um..

Wooooooossssshhhhhhhhhh...

But this post is not unusual.

Ryan cites Rage Against the Machine as one of his faves.

Obviously..he doesn't get them. Or he doesn't care and just likes the music.

Wooooshhhhhhhhhhh for you Sallow!

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

I don't mind that a song has political overtones. I know this when I buy a concert ticket to said group or artist. I am clearly talking about using the concert stage to talk politics. Bully pulpit stuff.

Yeah. Ted Nugent sucks.

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

I don't mind that a song has political overtones. I know this when I buy a concert ticket to said group or artist. I am clearly talking about using the concert stage to talk politics. Bully pulpit stuff.
I think folks walked out of a Madonna concert recently just for that reason. Of course, she was probably 40 minutes late to that, too....

Exactly. Shut up and sing. If you want to talk politics then create a separate event. If I pay for music I want music.

Ahh, but where does it say that you are paying for music? Nowhere. You are making an assumption.

You are paying to see an artist live. If that artist sits and reads the phone book on stage, you are welcome to trash that artist afterward. I basically paid to watch David Lee Roth drink a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's now my right to say that concert was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Um..

Wooooooossssshhhhhhhhhh...

But this post is not unusual.

Ryan cites Rage Against the Machine as one of his faves.

Obviously..he doesn't get them. Or he doesn't care and just likes the music.

Typing s-l-o-w-l-y.

Yeah. Ted Nugent sucks.

If he takes the music time to talk politics at a concert I was at I would be pissed. You do realize some of us can think without partisan strings, right?

I think folks walked out of a Madonna concert recently just for that reason. Of course, she was probably 40 minutes late to that, too....

Exactly. Shut up and sing. If you want to talk politics then create a separate event. If I pay for music I want music.

Ahh, but where does it say that you are paying for music? Nowhere. You are making an assumption.

You are paying to see an artist live. If that artist sits and reads the phone book on stage, you are welcome to trash that artist afterward. I basically paid to watch David Lee Roth drink a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's now my right to say that concert was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Well, I do pay for the music and if they fall down on the job by using their bully pulpit to rant politically then I will not be buying another concert ticket. Pretty simple concept Synth.

they stole a bunch of blues songs, especially the first two albums.

basically, they ripped off poor black guys.

classy

you might want to actually have listened to the first 2 albums before you make ridiculous comments such as the above

i bought them when they came out, francie.

maybe you should take jimmy paige's dick out of your mouth before you start talking. :thup:

just sayin...he had to read off the teleprompter to list the band members as well as the years they sang.
Obviously he isn't that much of a fan if he doesnt know their names.

just sayin...he had to read off the teleprompter to list the band members as well as the years they sang.
Obviously he isn't that much of a fan if he doesnt know their names.

He is definitely a special needs person when it comes to talking off the cuff.

Rolling Stone mag interviewed him and he said he listened to Elton John and Earth, Wind & Fire. Stevie Wonder was his top favorite during the 70s. He also liked The Stones "Gimme Shelter" and mentioned he liked Dylan.

Well, I do pay for the music and if they fall down on the job by using their bully pulpit to rant politically then I will not be buying another concert ticket. Pretty simple concept Synth.

David Lee Roth fell down on the job. A couple of times. :lol: Then he decided to just sit on the edge of the stage.

Forum List

Back