Obama goes on Fox News and gives interview.

Do you read BEFORE you try to respond??

The bill in question in this post was NOT the healthcare bill but instead it was the stimulus bill.
YOU tried to FALSELY argue that they had a supper majority when passing the stimulus bill and that the republicans couldn't block it and yet the FACT is that the dems did not yet have the supermajority because al franken, the 60th vote, had not yet been sworn into office.

That is why I meantioned the stimulus in my post.

Furthermore, I thought they were "ramming" the healthcare bill through?? If that were true then they would ahve already vorted on it and had it passed and we would be talking about something else by now. LOL

2/3rds of 99 is 59.4 so they had 59 and the Reps had 39 How would that figure 59.4% vs 39,6%. My bet is they could have passed anything they wanted to. And the 39 Republicans couldn't have stopped them.

WOW that is the best spin that you have to offer?? LOL Furthermore 2/3 of 99 is NOT 59.4, it's 66. LOL
BTW in case you missed it, specter was a republican until April 29, 2009 and the stimulus bill was passed on Feb 17, 2009 so the numbers back then would have been 56 + 2 and that does not equal the 3/5ths needed to bring about cloture.

So what was that about a bet?? LOL

:redface: I truly did mean 60% not 2/3rds. Don't know where the mind was at.

And we all know about the RINOs Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and (at the time) Arlen Specter. Again there was no stopping the Democrats thus far. But I can almost promise that's the last super Liberal Bill to get through.

And the only thing that stopped healthcare from being passed before the Massachusetts election was the Democrats themselves.

2/3rds of 99 is 59.4 so they had 59 and the Reps had 39 How would that figure 59.4% vs 39,6%. My bet is they could have passed anything they wanted to. And the 39 Republicans couldn't have stopped them.

WOW that is the best spin that you have to offer?? LOL Furthermore 2/3 of 99 is NOT 59.4, it's 66. LOL
BTW in case you missed it, specter was a republican until April 29, 2009 and the stimulus bill was passed on Feb 17, 2009 so the numbers back then would have been 56 + 2 and that does not equal the 3/5ths needed to bring about cloture.

So what was that about a bet?? LOL

:redface: I truly did mean 60% not 2/3rds. Don't know where the mind was at.

And we all know about the RINOs Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and (at the time) Arlen Specter. Again there was no stopping the Democrats thus far. But I can almost promise that's the last super Liberal Bill to get through.

And the only thing that stopped healthcare from being passed before the Massachusetts election was the Democrats themselves.

Nice spin but that is NOT what you said before.

My bet is they could have passed anything they wanted to. And the 39 Republicans couldn't have stopped them.

39 republicans COULD have stopped them. LOL

In YOUR mind they may have been REPUBLICANS in name only but the fact remains that they were REPUBLICANS meaning that democrats could NOT pass it on their own and the argument presented by dishonest righties who tried to claim that democrats had a supermajority when they passed the stimulus bill and that republicans couldn't stop them has been proven FALSE.
Not that being proven to be dishonest will prevent posters like patekphilipe, california girl and others from repeating said lie.

Forum List

Back