Obama Gives Wind Farms A Pass On Eagle Deaths

Liberals don't care about the mass slaughter of animals as long as it furthers their anti-energy agenda. If the technology can be called green, it's OK if it minces up endangered birds... The utopian dream trumps minor speed bumps like dead Bald Eagles.

Oh get off it. What are you planning to do? Ban automobiles? They kill far more raptors than windmills. High voltage transmission lines? Likewise.

As stated before, creating something that will make the raptors avoid the blades of the mills is an engineering problem, and needs to be done. But the mills are a minor source of danger for the raptors compared to other things we put in their environment.

BS. In all my years of driving I've never seen a raptor hit by a car. I've seen two killed by windmills. Your fanciful beliefs are cute, but that's what they are..fanciful..

Westwall thinks his anecdotes represent reality. To heck with the data, he's got his personal experience.

I almost hit a red-tail once. Had to brake hard, otherwise I would have hit it. Never saw one killed by a windmill. Thus, I declare my anecdotes rule.

Liberals don't care about the mass slaughter of animals as long as it furthers their anti-energy agenda. If the technology can be called green, it's OK if it minces up endangered birds... The utopian dream trumps minor speed bumps like dead Bald Eagles.

Oh get off it. What are you planning to do? Ban automobiles? They kill far more raptors than windmills. High voltage transmission lines? Likewise.

As stated before, creating something that will make the raptors avoid the blades of the mills is an engineering problem, and needs to be done. But the mills are a minor source of danger for the raptors compared to other things we put in their environment.

The whole world is dangerous to every living predator and certainly to the prey animals. Before we go off half cocked on some mythical warm and fuzzy dream where all animals live full possible lives you need to take your Zoloft and realize that ALL animals in the wild eventually meet a grizzly end. The ONLY safe existance for any species of mammal is to be domesticated and live as long as we don't need it for food... which is a whole lot longer than 99.999999 % of the animals in the wild live before it is dinner for some predator.

If you released your precious dog or cat way out in the wild they would make it a few days at best. We have a tendency to compare what we see in the confines and protection of our pets lives transfered to ALL animals. That's nonsense.

BS. In all my years of driving I've never seen a raptor hit by a car. I've seen two killed by windmills. Your fanciful beliefs are cute, but that's what they are..fanciful..

Causes of Bird Mortality « Sibley Guides

You all can link and look at the actual causes of bird fatalities.

As for the guy that claimed he never saw a raptor fatality on a highway.. in my own personal experience I have seen HUNDREDS of hawks and eagles dead or injured over my 64 years on roads. I have almost always lived out in the countryside near the water. I don't live near a windmill so I can't speak to that.

Many species of raptors including Bald and Golden eagles live in the Pacific Norhwest. They die on our roads and highways at an alarming frequency.

Westwall thinks his anecdotes represent reality. To heck with the data, he's got his personal experience.

I almost hit a red-tail once. Had to brake hard, otherwise I would have hit it. Never saw one killed by a windmill. Thus, I declare my anecdotes rule.

All of your BS is anecdotal, twit...

Causes of Bird Mortality « Sibley Guides

You all can link and look at the actual causes of bird fatalities.

As for the guy that claimed he never saw a raptor fatality on a highway.. in my own personal experience I have seen HUNDREDS of hawks and eagles dead or injured over my 64 years on roads. I have almost always lived out in the countryside near the water. I don't live near a windmill so I can't speak to that.

Many species of raptors including Bald and Golden eagles live in the Pacific Norhwest. They die on our roads and highways at an alarming frequency.

I too live in a rural area and when I drive from Reno to Carson City I pass by Washoe lake and it is a haven for raptors....not a single dead one in 30 years of driving that stretch of highway...

Forum List

Back