Obama gets it wronger than Trump...per AP fact check and ABC no less...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Media is at least making some flaccid attempts to show they really are journalists, and not just propagandists, liars and seditionists.

The AP and ABC concede that Obama, unlike Trump, has taken action to suppress free speech...instead of just engaging in questionable (or unpopular) rhetoric.

"OBAMA: "It shouldn't be Democratic or Republican to say that we don't threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don't like. I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people." — rally Friday at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

"THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public."

Of course..the fake press assisted him in that, but never mind...

"The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama's Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

"In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters' home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

"AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations "that the government has no conceivable right to know."

"Obama's Justice Department also secretly dogged Fox News journalist James Rosen, getting his phone records, tracking his arrivals and departures at the State Department through his security-badge use, obtaining a search warrant to see his personal emails and naming him as a possible criminal conspirator in the investigation of a news leak.

"The Obama administration," The New York Times editorial board wrote at the time, "has moved beyond protecting government secrets to threatening fundamental freedoms of the press to gather news."
AP FACT CHECK: Obama doesn't always tell the straight story

And ABC maintains he got it wrong about the ACA as well:

"OBAMA: "Their sabotage of the Affordable Care Act has already cost more than 3 million Americans their health insurance. And if they're still in power next fall, you better believe they're coming at it again. They've said so." -- Illinois rally.

"THE FACTS: Obama is cherry-picking survey results, overlooking a recent estimate from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that found the number of uninsured Americans basically unchanged under Trump.

"He's also blaming Republicans for all the problems with health insurance, ignoring the fact that premiums started going up sharply under his watch.

Updated last month, CDC's National Health Interview Survey finds the number of uninsured no worse so far under Trump."

AP FACT CHECK: Obama doesn't always tell the straight story

I don't know if Obama got it "wronger" than Trump, but Obama's transgressions do not make Trump's transgressions right. Whatever inaccuracies Obama told pale, I mean really pale, in comparison to the prevaricator in chief we have now.

Presidential power should be curtailed. Congress has relinquished its oversight function. That is why we have a rogue executive branch now.

Last edited:
Fine. AP and ABC got it right one time. But even a broken clock is right two times a day.

So why don't they come clean on everything else about Obama? I could list a whole page of incidences where Obama was wrong, where he screwed the pooch, where he lied, where he had a total lack of transparency, where he cheated the American people, stole their tax money, committed treasonable acts, and was just in general, a dickhead.

Come on, MSM. We're waiting...

kGfoq.gif

I don't know if Obama got it "wronger" than Trump, but Obama's transgressions do not make Trump's transgressions right. Whatever inaccuracies Obama told pale, I mean really pale, in comparison to the prevaricator in chief we have now.

Presidential power should be curtailed. Congress has relinquished its oversight function. That is why we have a rogue executive branch now.
ABC and the AP maintain that although Trump has annoying rhetoric, Obama actually lies and takes action that is insupportable.

Fine. AP and ABC got it right one time. But even a broken clock is right two times a day.

So why don't they come clean on everything else about Obama? I could list a whole page of incidences where Obama was wrong, where he screwed the pooch, where he lied, where he had a total lack of transparency, where he cheated the American people, stole their tax money, committed treasonable acts, and was just in general, a dickhead.

Come on, MSM. We're waiting...

kGfoq.gif

You know how it goes..you tell a little truth and it makes the lies more believable. That's what they're doing.

Actually we have portions of a runaway judicial branch attempting to overthrow a legal and valid Presidential election.

Forum List

Back