Obama for President in 2024

There are legal minds who say it could happen.

The Constitution says no person shall be ELECTED President more than twice. But it does not say no person shall SERVE as President more than twice.

So what might the Democrats do? Biden is a disaster especially when even the NYT and WAPO are saying he should step down. But Kamala with the lowest approval and likability numbers for VP in American history is not a viable option. And with so many Americans looking at California as the modern day Hell, do they dare take a chance with Gavin Newsom? Michelle and Hillary are equally as risky.

Their best option is Obama. So how could that happen?

Democrat convention rules are rather strange, convoluted, and allow for a lot of last minute trickery. So Biden is the nominee and certified by the Convention. But at the last minute Kamala decides to withdraw as the VP candidate and a new one would be named. And that could be Obama. And voila! We have a Biden/Obama ticket that surely would be attractive if enough people were already ready to vote for Biden/Harris.

And as soon as Biden is inaugurated in January and is officially President, he resigns and Obama is again sworn in as President.

SCOTUS would shoot that down via the 22nd Amendment yes? But Democrats are notorious for skirting court rulings they don't like and they surely will make the distinction that Obama was not elected but simply moved into the vacancy.

It could happen. It would be disastrous for America, but it could happen.
I think cotus says that nobody who is ineligible to be president can be VP, which would rule out Obama.

I had the same thought a few months back but was corrected on it. He can’t be vp

I think cotus says that nobody who is ineligible to be president can be VP, which would rule out Obama.

I had the same thought a few months back but was corrected on it. He can’t be vp
I posted opinions of those who say it really could be legal and possible based on the language of the Constitution. It says no one can be ELECTED President more than twice. But the loophole is it does not say anyone cannot SERVE as President more than twice. In the scenario laid out Obama wouldn't be elected but would be appointed to replace a vice president who resigned. And the constitutional requirement for Vice President can be easily interpreted that he/she meet the same requirements of age, citizenship, residency that the President must meet.

See my post #56.

And I also post the following earlier as Snopes checked it out and even they won't say it couldn't happen:

Do I think it likely the Democrats would try to pull it off? Not really. But considering all the illegal and incomprehensible stuff they've pulled the last seven years, I can't say I'm sure of that.

Last edited:
I posted opinions of those who say it really could be legal and possible based on the language of the Constitution. It says no one can be ELECTED President more than twice. But the loophole is it does not say anyone cannot serve as President more than twice. And the constitutional requirement for Vice President can be easily interpreted that he/she meet the same requirements of age, citizenship, residency that the President must meet.

See my post #56.

And I also post the following earlier as Snopes checked it out and even they won't say it couldn't happen:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Since Obama has served 2 terms as president, he is constitutionally ineligible to be vice president.

Since Obama has served 2 terms as president, he is constitutionally ineligible to be vice president.
But it doesn't say that does it. If they interpret the Constitution to be that Obama is ineligible to be on the ballot, i.e. elected, but there is no stated restriction that he cannot serve via being appointed when Kamala resigns, and if the Democrats control both houses of Congress, they can confirm the nomination and nobody will be able to stop them. The Democrats have already demonstrated that they ignore SCOTUS if they don't like what the high court rules.

And they damn sure don't care what the people think about what they do.

Listen or read the argument in the video. Read Snopes thought processes on it.

I posted opinions of those who say it really could be legal and possible based on the language of the Constitution. It says no one can be ELECTED President more than twice. But the loophole is it does not say anyone cannot SERVE as President more than twice. In the scenario laid out Obama wouldn't be elected but would be appointed to replace a vice president who resigned. And the constitutional requirement for Vice President can be easily interpreted that he/she meet the same requirements of age, citizenship, residency that the President must meet.

See my post #56.

Do I think it likely the Democrats would try to pull it off? Not really. But considering all the illegal and incomprehensible stuff they've pulled the last seven years, I can't say I'm sure of that.
I can see his point. By being elected VP, especially with the knowledge of the vegetables, age, health and mental faculties, we would essentially be electing the next potus. I think it is a valid point, he wouldn't qualify to be VP by virtue of his previous two terms.

I can see his point. By being elected VP, especially with the knowledge of the vegetables, age, health and mental faculties, we would essentially be electing the next potus. I think it is a valid point, he wouldn't qualify to be VP by virtue of his previous two terms.
He wouldn't qualify to be on the ballot no as he cannot be elected again. But if you interpret the Constitution and amendment as I and others have done, there is no specific reason Biden couldn't nominate him immediately after he is inaugurated and Kamala resigns. And if the GOP loses the House and Senate, the Democrats would definitely confirm him.

Then Biden resigns for 'health reasons' and voila! We have President Obama again.

And if SCOTUS ruled that this was not the intent of constitutional law, it wouldn't be the first time the Democrats thumbed their nose at the court. In any case if they have complete control of the federal government again I'm pretty sure they will establish themselves as a totalitarian government at least to the point the Republicans will never ever again be in control. And they will do whatever they want.

But it doesn't say that does it. If they interpret the Constitution to be that Obama is ineligible to be on the ballot, i.e. elected, but there is no stated restriction that he cannot serve via being appointed when Kamala resigns, and if the Democrats control both houses of Congress, they can confirm the nomination and nobody will be able to stop them. The Democrats have already demonstrated that they ignore SCOTUS if they don't like what the high court rules.

And they damn sure don't care what the people think about what they do.

Listen or read the argument in the video. Read Snopes thought processes on it.
I don’t need to listen to snopes. the constitution says anyone not eligible to be president cannot be vice president, the constitution says that anyone a president can only serve 2 terms. This means that Obama cannot serve as VP because he is ineligible to be president.

I mean, I see your argument, because I tried to make that argument a couple of months ago, but was told the same thing, Obama has served 2 terms and can’t be potus again. Even if they tried it, the scotus would shoot it down, as it’s essentially just a word game, but I think the intent in the scotus is clear.

Last edited:
Yep, spoken as MAGA slime. Russia and North Korea are not your enemy, you fellow Americans are.

Truly deplorable.
Not my fellow Americans when they support sexual perverts, including pedophiles. Not my fellk\low Americans when they support soaking the wealthy for everything they have. Not my fellow Americans when they support preborn infanticide. Nope. All three are my enemy. I will not now, nor ever compromise (see also: kowtowing, selling out) to Democrats, ever.

He wouldn't qualify to be on the ballot no as he cannot be elected again. But if you interpret the Constitution and amendment as I and others have done, there is no specific reason Biden couldn't nominate him immediately after he is inaugurated and Kamala resigns. And if the GOP loses the House and Senate, the Democrats would definitely confirm him.

Then Biden resigns for 'health reasons' and voila! We have President Obama again.

And if SCOTUS ruled that this was not the intent of constitutional law, it wouldn't be the first time the Democrats thumbed their nose at the court. In any case if they have complete control of the federal government again I'm pretty sure they will establish themselves as a totalitarian government at least to the point the Republicans will never ever again be in control. And they will do whatever they want.
That's an awful lot of ifs. I honestly don't see a chance of it ever happening.

I don’t need to listen to snopes. the constitution says anyone not eligible to be president cannot be vice president, the constitution says that anyone a president can only serve 2 terms. This means that Obama cannot serve as VP because he is ineligible to be president.

I mean, I see your argument, because I tried to make that argument a couple of months ago, but was told the same thing, Obama has served 2 terms and can’t be potus again. Even if they tried it, the scotus would shoot it down, as it’s essentially just a word game, but I think the intent in the scotus is clear.
It does NOT say a President can serve only two terms. It says a President cannot be ELECTED to more than two terms. Please read more carefully.

That's an awful lot of ifs. I honestly don't see a chance of it ever happening.
Normally I would say the same. But did you in your wildest imagination think we would see the day that the Democrats/'woke'/leftists would CONDONE vulgar tranny shows for children? That it would be condoned for people to be screaming for all the American Jews to be sent back to Poland? That a governor would suggest that if a viable baby survived abortion it should be forced to die? That a large group of Americans would condone an invasion of millions upon millions of unvetted, unidentified, unknown migrants that should be illegal under our laws? That biological males would be allowed to take records and scholarships from women and that women would be forced to accept these in their public restrooms and locker rooms?

We have such a large, sick, deranged, totalitarian minded segment of our society now, I am not surprised at anything they come up with any more.

It does NOT say a President can serve only two terms. It says a President cannot be ELECTED to more than two terms. Please read more carefully.
It’s a word game, it will never go anywhere. The intent and meaning of cotus is clear

Not my fellow Americans when they support sexual perverts, including pedophiles. Not my fellk\low Americans when they support soaking the wealthy for everything they have. Not my fellow Americans when they support preborn infanticide. Nope. All three are my enemy. I will not now, nor ever compromise (see also: kowtowing, selling out) to Democrats, ever.
You are disgusting human. True filth.

I need a shower after reading this post.
Sickening

Forum List

Back