Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

Ya like the "death panels"...that was some investigating journalism! Apparently "retention" after reading the bill that was not a bill yet isn't Fox's strong suit.

Show us all a Fox news report claiming health care reform bills included "death panels". Just ONE. Not an OPINION show about whether there would or would not be a death panel, but a NEWS REPORT about health care bills with death panels. Apparently you aren't any better about distinguishing between news reporting and opinion shows either, are you?

Obama is wrong to say fox is right leaning. How dare he say this..

17radio_lg.jpg

President Bush discussed his policies with conservative radio hosts last month at the White House, including, from left, Mike Gallagher, Neal Boortz, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Michael Medved.

For some reason, no lefty's. Hmmmm mmmm mmmmm

Last edited:
I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

Ya like the "death panels"...that was some investigating journalism! Apparently "retention" after reading the bill that was not a bill yet isn't Fox's strong suit.

Show us all a Fox news report claiming health care reform bills included "death panels". Just ONE. Not an OPINION show about whether there would or would not be a death panel, but a NEWS REPORT about health care bills with death panels. Apparently you aren't any better about distinguishing between news reporting and opinion shows either, are you?

Fox furthers ‘death panel’ hysteria with ‘death book’ claim

Raw Story » Fox furthers ‘death panel’ hysteria with ‘death book’ claim

Fox doesn't investigate anything. They just read off the GOP talking points and declare them as gospel truth.

I suggest you say "in my opinion"...seeing as that is your opinion.

Otherwise, you are outright lying....as it is an outright lie.

But I am sure that does not phase you.

It's not a lie. Hell, several times they've simply copy/pasted GOP memos, typos and all, and reported it as news.

Proof? First find the so-called GOP talking points -and then where anyone at Fox ever received them and then reported these talking points as "news". You can't so your claim is bs and you only prove you don't watch Fox news. Given the fact that Fox is just about the only news network that has not had to retract a story because a reporter made it up, didn't have to fire someone for fabricating stories or lying about where they even were while making their report -I find the liberal whine and cheese complaint to be pretty limp compared to both the treatment of the so-called mainstream media guilty of repeatedly fabricating stories trying to embarrass the Bush administration but the outright FAWNING of these same networks over Obama while deliberately ignoring stories they would have drooled to report -if only that story applied to Bush instead of Obama. Chris Matthews, who pretends to be a news journalist even said he believed it was the job of the media to HELP Obama. EXCUSE ME? If that is the job of the media, then just whose job is it to just report the NEWS? And that isn't even mentioning whose job it is to report the news without trying to tell the audience what they are supposed to think about it.

I cannot image the same media deciding to ignore a story if it were any of Bush's czars that had been a self-declared neonazi, do you? So the fact they chose to ignore the fact that Van Jones was a self-declared Marxist revolutionary made me want to puke. Then they chose to ignore the fact that Jones was not the only Marxist Obama appointed as a czar. And THEN chose to ignore the fact that Anita Dunn, a top level White House adviser -told a high school graduation class that one of two people she TURNS TO for political philosophy is the MASS MURDERER Mao Tse Tung. WTF????? Sorry, that is no less appalling that if she had said she turned to Hitler for her political philosophy. Both put into action required the mass murder of MILLIONS> But hey, if a Democrat admires a mass murderer's political philosophy, that just isn't newsworthy. But we all know it sure would if a Republican admired the political philosophy of a mass murderer, don't we?

Do you REALLY see our media ignoring the story if it were a Republican President who surrounded himself with radicals and revolutionaries and admirers of Hitler? I'd like to know why they ignore THESE stories about a President who has surrounded himself with EXTREMISTS that are WAY outside the mainstream. All while you dumb liberals whine because a single news organization is NOT ignoring this? Are you afraid of having people hear the TRUTH? Because the Obama administration has not contradicted the FACTS or EVER claimed Fox got any NEWS story wrong. NOT ONCE. Which means Fox got it right and everyone else decided to ignore these stories for reasons they have failed to explain to the public. I'd like to hear some left-wing whacko on MSNBC explain why he believes the fact our President has surrounded himself with Marxist/Maoist sympathizers and radicals just isn't newsworthy or something the public should know. While of course we all know it would be the LEAD story on the same station if it were just a Republican who did it instead.

At Fox 52% of all employees are identify themselves as liberals and the rest are divided between conservative and independents. Compare that to all the rest where the percent of liberals ranges from 85-98%. NONE of them reflect the actual demographics of this country where only 20% are liberal but Fox is the closest to having on their staff the same kind of demographic breakdown as the general public -but with liberals still way over represented. The news media in this country is overwhelmingly dominated by LIBERALS. So I have always found the liberal HYSTERIA about Fox to be very odd. Liberals dominate the major newspapers, dominate network news and cable news (as far as how many stations there are). Liberals dominate 98% of the news media and there is NO network station and only ONE cable station that is not overwhelmingly dominated by liberals and does not consistently report the news through a liberal filter. And the left can't STAND IT. Their hysteria about Fox is bizarre. MSNBC is FAR further to the left than Fox is to the right yet conservatives aren't demanding it have its license revoked by the FCC. But the left so fears Fox that they want its license yanked. Even though they cannot point to a single NEWS story that was false, fabricated or made up. Not one. What they really hate is the fact that Fox allows conservative and libertarian OPINION shows on their network -and the others wouldn't dream of doing that. Tough shit. Free speech really isn't a liberal value and it isn't because the left knows that given the full facts, people REJECT their political ideology. Even Obama had to portray himself as a centrist -even though he turned around and surrounded himself with Marxists and Maoists.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to claim that news organizations that are overwhelmingly dominated by liberals are more trustworthy as a news source over one that is better balanced? Who in such organizations would realize that they are no longer reporting through a neutral filter? NO ONE. But at Fox there is a balance that serves as a watchdog on itself to make sure a neutral filter is in place for their NEWS REPORTING. Which is different from their OPINION shows, some of which are hosted by people who openly admit their political biases while hosting guests with different opinions and get involve in heated discussions and debate.

And Fox's audience is the most balanced as well. There are nearly as many liberal viewers as conservative with the bulk independent. While at stations like MSNBC -more than 70% of the audience are liberals. Although as I said, they are just 20% in the general population.

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

It's also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

What are you talking about??? The title of this stupid thread says that Obama is the first prez to have a problem with the press!!! So to point out that Bush did also is perfectly valid, you dip stick!!!

I would venture to say that they all have had problems with the press!!!

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

What are you talking about??? The title of this stupid thread says that Obama is the first prez to have a problem with the press!!! So to point out that Bush did also is perfectly valid, you dip stick!!!

For the terminally stupid (that's you, btw).... Every POTUS has had issues with certain journalists over the years. This traditionally has resulted in a particular journalist getting a wrist slapped by one or two weeks of being frozen out... occasionally, a news outlet has had to replace a particular journalist with someone else. What no POTUS has been completely fucking stupid and arrogant enough to do is to point blank refuse - on an ongoing basis - to deal with one whole network.

The clue that this is unusual? The FACT that the rest of the press corps backed Fox over the White House this week. Do you think they do that cuz they're all great friends? No, idiot, they do it because they know that if they allow the WH to bully one -next time, it might be them.

Damn, why are the Obamanation Borgs so completely incapable of rational thought?

For the terminally stupid (that's you, btw).... Every POTUS has had issues with certain journalists over the years. This traditionally has resulted in a particular journalist getting a wrist slapped by one or two weeks of being frozen out... occasionally, a news outlet has had to replace a particular journalist with someone else. What no POTUS has been completely fucking stupid and arrogant enough to do is to point blank refuse - on an ongoing basis - to deal with one whole network.

The clue that this is unusual? The FACT that the rest of the press corps backed Fox over the White House this week. Do you think they do that cuz they're all great friends? No, idiot, they do it because they know that if they allow the WH to bully one -next time, it might be them.

Damn, why are the Obamanation Borgs so completely incapable of rational thought?

You have the nerve to call me names???? There is nobody in this entire state as dumb as you are. And I've told you before that you are not a California Girl. You're probably a transplant from Texas, if you even live here. Dumb cow.

Maybe Obama is the first one to have the nerve to tell a fake news organization like Fox to get bent. When I think of how polite I used to be and how I went out of my way not to hurt anyone's feelings!!! But no more. You right wing nuts have cured me and maybe you have cured him, too.

Why are you all so upset that he is finally sticking up for himself and telling it like it is??? What is it you're all afraid of?? I guess you all want us to stay polite and quiet, don't you??? Well, forget it. You can all go to hell. The people at Fox news are flat out liars and it's about time they stopped getting away with it.

There never was any "death panels" so of course you can't find "proof". That is so incredibly stupid. What Fox did was give a forum to people telling those lies and NEVER correcting them.

Fox News Finally Admits There Are No Death Panels | Politicususa.com

Fox News Boycott » Fox News Backtracks on ‘Death Panel’ Claims?

I think the point is that when BOOOOOOOOSH did it the right remained silent and the left didn't freak out and act like the sky was falling.

I don't recall Bush calling out a certain News Channel, personally or through his Press Secretary, perhaps you could refresh my memory.

I just think Obama et all is just keeping his captured/managed on the reservation, damn you can't have them out there doing investigative reporting...:lol:

Do a little research and I think the results will surprise you.

Remember, for a while, Jeff Gannon, of Military Man Dot Com, a male whore and professional prostitute was pretty much Bush's spokesman. The rest of the press corp couldn't figure out who he was, but Bush called on him over and over again becuase he would ask questions like, "Mr. President, how do you manage to do your job with you have obstructionist, anti American Democrats working against you and this country?"

For his "services" Jeff Gannon, of Military Man Dot Com, a male whore and professional prostitute was allowed to sleep in the White House at least a dozen times. The Secret Service refused to release the name of who signed him in or where he "slept".

Can you imagine if a Democratic President did something like that? Seriously? The howling from the Republicans over "morals" and "values". Republicans are hypocrites. No way around that one.
yeah, so much for someone trying to IMPROVE their own life, once they make a mistake if they dont support liberals they are always trash

"first president to have a problem with a News Network?" That would be George W. Bush and Fox.

Obama is wrong to say fox is right leaning. How dare he say this..

17radio_lg.jpg

President Bush discussed his policies with conservative radio hosts last month at the White House, including, from left, Mike Gallagher, Neal Boortz, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Michael Medved.

For some reason, no lefty's. Hmmmm mmmm mmmmm

1. Name the lies on Fox news. You have any idea how often people have been asked to name the lies after they insist Fox lies? I have yet to hear ANYONE name a single lie, much less actually back it up with evidence. So name the lie, what NEWS shows it took place on and what REPORTER told that "lie" -as well as the proof it was untrue. This is opposed to the fact that the BBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times etc. have all ended up either retracting made up phony stories and for the most egregious lies, ended up firing people for LYING. But not Fox. Fox has not once had to retract a NEWS story and no Fox reporter has EVER been accused of lying in his report. NEWS is not OPINION. Fox does not lie in their NEWS reports but they definitely report on stories the liberal media will not for no other reason but the fact the stories are not Obama ass kissing stories. Even though completely true and accurate NEWS. On opinion shows I have heard both liberals and conservatives exaggerate and try to spin events to suit themselves. But that is OPINION only and not NEWS.

2. Individual reporters have no right of access to any elected official or reporter -no such right exists. If the President finds a particular reporter to be too obnoxious to deal with or offensive and decides he doesn't want to deal with that particular reporter anymore -that's life. Every single President has decided he will not deal with particular individuals while favoring other reporters. And if that individual couldn't figure out how to do his job in spite of it, then his employer would have to yank him off the White House beat and replace him with someone else.

But that isn't Obama's complaint here. He doesn't have a problem with a particular reporter at Fox -none of whom have been obnoxious or disrespectful. His complaint is with Fox's programming! He thinks it is OUTRAGEOUS that Fox has the balls to actually schedule two OPINION shows where the hosts are highly critical of his administration. That is what has him all hot and bothered. OH WAAAA. It isn't enough for him that 98% of the media are slobbering Obama ass kissers, the man believes it is within HIS power to annihilate anyone and any business that criticizes him. And Fox is just one more on his enemies list. So his dictator-like response is to try and shut down an entire news organization from even being able to do its job. NO matter who the reporter may be.

The last President who did this was a Republican and it was Democrats SQUEALING about his executive abuse and trying to use the force of government to try and squelch freedom of the press -as well as correctly pointing out these were the acts of a DICTATOR, not a President. But NOW you actually think that's just fine and dandy if a Democrat does the IDENTICAL ACT and abuses the powers of his office to try and PUNISH and SQUELCH freedom of the press? You really think it is the proper role of government to try and punish Fox for its program scheduling and allowing different points of view to air on its network? That the President should PUNISH news organizations if they don't kiss his ass? Or just when its a Democrat? Apparently you FAVOR a President acting like a dictator and trying to abuse the freedom of the press -as long as he is a Democrat and it isn't YOUR ox being gored. How......totally liberal of you.

I suggest you say "in my opinion"...seeing as that is your opinion.

Otherwise, you are outright lying....as it is an outright lie.

But I am sure that does not phase you.

It's not a lie. Hell, several times they've simply copy/pasted GOP memos, typos and all, and reported it as news.

Yeah...and I am sure they shared that information with you.

Funny....Fox news lies all the time...yet you never see the nightly news on any channel report such lies.

Dan Rather mis reports once in 20 years and it is all over the MSM news....Fx news lies ALL THE TIME and not one report about it on the news.

Only left wing blogs report such lies.

So they must be REAL lies.

Pathetic.

They didn't need to share the info with me. The talking points memo they copied it from was a public statement. The reason it's an issue when journalists get caught doing something wrong is because there is a presumption of impartiality. When Fox gets something wrong, it's like saying water is wet.

There never was any "death panels" so of course you can't find "proof". That is so incredibly stupid. What Fox did was give a forum to people telling those lies and NEVER correcting them.

Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxnjpJ05Qw]YouTube - Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"[/ame]

I support Obama

But I feel the Obama Whitehouse has made a mistake by not participating with FOX news.

I feel Obama and his associates could use FOX as a forum to debate and discuss their programs.

If you are willing to negotiate with Iran (which I agree with) then you should talk with FOX news.

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

obama and his minions got their asses kicked this week. Failed policy once again. Deal with it dear.

Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxnjpJ05Qw]YouTube - Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"[/ame]
uh, thats his radio show, not on Fox News

I support Obama

But I feel the Obama Whitehouse has made a mistake by not participating with FOX news.

I feel Obama and his associates could use FOX as a forum to debate and discuss their programs.

If you are willing to negotiate with Iran (which I agree with) then you should talk with FOX news.

I am also an Obama supporter and I have a different take on this Fox business. And that is that I think he made the right decision to ignore Fox news. I have never before seen a positive news story about him on that network. It's just lie after lie. And I really gave up when they did nothing to quell those birther rumors.

So I think it would do him more harm than good. Oh, and I do want to say that I am so glad he started negotiations with Iran. It was the right thing to do.

Forum List

Back