Obama Extravagances And What They Mean

More evidence that mudwhistle and CaliGurl are just mindless rightwing shills

snopes.com: First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

Hairdressers anyone??

Let's face reality here numbnuts.

First of all the bitch needs a trowel to put the shit on just to make her look presentable...

Second....I think it's clear that Democrats use a little creative license when they describe bills or job titles.

So I don't think they will call her *Makeup Artist*. They usually call them *Personal Assistants*.

Meet Michelle Obama's Chicago-based makeup artist :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Inauguration

Last edited:
I think this slipped by you also.

Laura Bush had a staff.....spent $1.08 million to keep them in the White House.

But it looks like during *The Worst Economy Since The Great Depression* Michelle requires even more.

This is the point that continually seems to get by you.

Last edited:
Well look what we're paying for:

Michelle_Obama_Campaigning_1.JPG
Michelle_Obama_White_House_Portrait_1.jpg

‘Glamour First’ seems to be the motto for the Obama White House and for First Lady Michelle Obama.

When looking at the above before and after pics, is there any doubt that Michelle Obama has had a heck of a lot of work done to soften and stylize her appearance since we first became aware of her two years ago? ‘The camera doesn’t lie’ as they say. We can see from the reshaping of her seriously wicked eyebrows, the adding of diva false eyelashes, and a trendy designer wardrobe that she looks completely different these days.

Now we’re told that Michelle Obama is the nation’s first First Lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to the stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

Her new makeup artist is Ingrid Grimes-Miles and she is behind the first of Michelle Obama’s make up reinventions - those scary eyebrows. It seems after the First Lady was criticized for looking angry, her high-arched eyebrows were reshaped to give her a ‘friendlier’ appearance. The overall make up goal for Michelle Obama? A more natural and polished look.

‘Glamorous’ Michelle Obama: Full-time Makeup Artist in White House » Right Pundits

I don't mind the First Lady looking like a *Nappy-headed Ho* as long as they make some attempt to save money. This *Jackie look* bothers me because it's costing us plenty.

Hairdressers anyone??

First of all the bitch needs a trowel to put the shit on just to make her look presentable...

Second....I think it's clear that Democrats use a little creative license when they describe bills or job titles.

So I don't think they will call her *Makeup Artist*. They usually call them *Personal Assistants*.

Meet Michelle Obama's Chicago-based makeup artist :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Inauguration

I think you don't understand the concept of a link. A link is supposed to support your position.

I asked for a link to your wild assertion that Michelle Obama had $1.2 million full time staff who only do makeup and hairdressing.

Your link shows only $750 and indicates that Michelle Obama does her own makeup

You have a lot more money to find....or else you can admit that you were fabricating information in your OP

Hairdressers anyone??

I think you don't understand the concept of a link. A link is supposed to support your position.

I asked for a link to your wild assertion that Michelle Obama had $1.2 million full time staff who only do makeup and hairdressing.

Your link shows only $750 and indicates that Michelle Obama does her own makeup

You have a lot more money to find....or else you can admit that you were fabricating information in your OP

First of all....her *Makeup Artist* wasn't on the list....second of all the link doesn't have to support what you want it to support. It is supposed to support what I want it too.

All I said was *Makeup and Wardrobe* not hairdressing....I didn't mention hairdressing.

But still...you haven't figured out that she and the President are spending like drunken sailors in comparison to the previous administration *during such trying economic times*. That is the point I'm making.

Sorry if I'm guilty of rushing this information out because I'm trying to work while I'm doing this. I have a few distractions going on around me.

Last edited:
Michelle Obama is first presidential wife to have full-time make-up artist on tour

Hillary Clinton drew criticism for her padded Alice bands and ever-changing hairstyles, and Laura Bush's sartorial choices were dismissed as dull and matronly. But while the US president's words topped political agendas on his recent European tour, his wife's elegant look dominated headlines.

As she faced millions of flashing cameras, the first lady came armed with false eyelashes, a pearl iridescent highlighter to accent the countours of her cheekbones, and subtle pink lipstick.

It has now emerged that the Mrs Obama's polished glamour is thanks, in part, to Ingrid Grimes-Miles, a 49-year-old make-up artist she met in Chicago six years ago.

"No other first ladies have consistently travelled with a makeup artist," Bernard Portelli, Hillary Clinton's former hairdresser, told the New York Post .

As Americans tighten their belts in the midst of the financial crisis, the Obamas have gone to great lengths to adopt a relatively frugal approach to fashion. The first lady is a famous fan of US high street chain J. Crew, which she mixes with designer pieces.

Michelle Obama is first presidential wife to have full-time make-up artist on tour - Telegraph

You still have not made a point. In fact, I have shown that you are lying to make a non supported point

You now claim the Obama's are "spending like drunken sailors in comparison the the previous administration"

Time for you to prove you are not lying again. Show me where the Bush's spent less. Show me where a one time trip to NYC cost more than 77 trips to Crawford Texas.

We pay the President to live in the Whitehouse. Not commute to Crawford Texas

Michelle Obama is first presidential wife to have full-time make-up artist on tour

Hillary Clinton drew criticism for her padded Alice bands and ever-changing hairstyles, and Laura Bush's sartorial choices were dismissed as dull and matronly. But while the US president's words topped political agendas on his recent European tour, his wife's elegant look dominated headlines.

As she faced millions of flashing cameras, the first lady came armed with false eyelashes, a pearl iridescent highlighter to accent the countours of her cheekbones, and subtle pink lipstick.

It has now emerged that the Mrs Obama's polished glamour is thanks, in part, to Ingrid Grimes-Miles, a 49-year-old make-up artist she met in Chicago six years ago.

"No other first ladies have consistently travelled with a makeup artist," Bernard Portelli, Hillary Clinton's former hairdresser, told the New York Post .

As Americans tighten their belts in the midst of the financial crisis, the Obamas have gone to great lengths to adopt a relatively frugal approach to fashion. The first lady is a famous fan of US high street chain J. Crew, which she mixes with designer pieces.

Michelle Obama is first presidential wife to have full-time make-up artist on tour - Telegraph

Again you have problems with links..

Still looking for your link for $1.2 million for full time make-up and wardrobe????

To prove how hard your job is to prove you are not lying to all these fine people on this board. From your last link

"Aware of the sensitivity about public spending during the recession - and of previous criticism of expensive political haircuts - the first couple paid for the expenses of having a make-up artist in their entourage out of their own pocket, according to a spokeswoman for Mrs Obama. "

Last edited:

We do?

Maybe this is why we have such poor choices as candidates year-in and year-out.

Frankly, I'm not sure why it matters where the President Lives. In fact, If I were President, I'd insist on living on Oahu's North Shore, or Aspen, or Malibu...... any damn place but Washington DC.

You still have not made a point. In fact, I have shown that you are lying to make a non supported point

You now claim the Obama's are "spending like drunken sailors in comparison the the previous administration"

Time for you to prove you are not lying again. Show me where the Bush's spent less. Show me where a one time trip to NYC cost more than 77 trips to Crawford Texas.

Sorry....I can't show you something that doesn't exist.

I did show you how Laura spent less...but you obviously ignored that.

I cannot claim that one trip was more expensive then 77 and I will not claim that...so you're guilty of trying to put words in my mouth which makes you out to be the liar in this.

77 trips to Crawford over 8 years isn't bad.

Nancy Pelosi wanted a private jet to take her to SF every weekend.

Over the 416 weeks of the Bush Administration he only made 77 trips to Crawford while during the 153 weeks of the Pelosi Speakership it can be argued she has made around 150trips to San Francisco. So you can pretty much shove your 77.

Obamas extra expenses fly in the face of his rhetoric to every American to tighten their belts while he isn't about to himself.

Can you figure out my point or must I continue?

Last edited:

Again you have problems with links..

Still looking for your link for $1.2 million for full time make-up and wardrobe????

To prove how hard your job is to prove you are not lying to all these fine people on this board. From your last link

"Aware of the sensitivity about public spending during the recession - and of previous criticism of expensive political haircuts - the first couple paid for the expenses of having a make-up artist in their entourage out of their own pocket, according to a spokeswoman for Mrs Obama. "

I read that and I don't believe it for one second.

One thing you can be sure of when it comes to Obama....he lies his ass off.

I just got through listening to him talking about *saving*....he's gonna have another worthless and expensive seminar on saving the taxpayer's money....it was so funny I couldn't contain myself.

The nerve of the guy.

We do?

Maybe this is why we have such poor choices as candidates year-in and year-out.

Frankly, I'm not sure why it matters where the President Lives. In fact, If I were President, I'd insist on living on Oahu's North Shore, or Aspen, or Malibu...... any damn place but Washington DC.

Kaui is kind of nice I hear. Been to Sunset Beach. Not the best place on the Island.

Obama can't go back to his Chicago digs...he would be gunned down for being a traitor to progressives..in a neighborhood where guns were completely banned.

Obama can't go back to his Chicago digs...he would be gunned down for being a traitor to progressives..in a neighborhood where guns were completely banned.

Chicago is one of the few places that might be worst in which to live than DC

mudwhistle

One thing you can be sure of when it comes to Obama....he lies his ass off.

Coming from a guy who has been caught lying his ass off in this thread

Perhaps Obama should spend even more on his clothing.

Obama has announced he will no longer be making public speeches in Texas. He claims that everytime he gets up on stage, behind the podium, to make a speech, some West Texas cotton farmer starts bidding on him.

Perhaps Obama should spend even more on his clothing.

Obama has announced he will no longer be making public speeches in Texas. He claims that everytime he gets up on stage, behind the podium, to make a speech, some West Texas cotton farmer starts bidding on him.

Are you implying that Texas still holds slave auctions?

Forum List

Back