Obama Extravagances And What They Mean

. Unless you're seriously stupid - and you certainly are not that.

You're TRYING to ruin my chances of getting a grant, aren't you!!!:mad:

Dude, your request doesn't have to make sense nor be for the common good.

You just need to be ether a member of a union, a minority, Gay, or a Polar Bear lover...and you can get a grant.

I just gotta ask for a link on this one...

I think you need to wake up and pay attention more.

All of this has been in the news this year and you never heard it????

Fucken hilarious.

Obama is a poster-boy for your typical Limo Liberal.

He talks the talk but never walks the walk.

Why don't you and Granny go suck some tea bags???

George W. Bush flew Air Force One to his Texas ranch an estimated 77 times during his eight-year presidency. His critics made a fuss, arguing that he was wasting money and showing lax work habits. But he insisted on going back to Prairie Chapel Ranch to get away from Washington as often as he could. He said it cleared his mind and made him a better decision maker, and Americans seemed to understand.

Bill Clinton used government planes for his vacations at Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts and the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming. He was sensitive to public opinion and took time off only with considerable reluctance because of his concern that it wouldn't look right to the voters. But in the end, cost wasn't a big issue. Most people believed Clinton worked hard and deserved some R&R.

George H. W. Bush flew frequently to his family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine. He always defended his stays there, even when he was attacked for goofing off while the nation was mired in a recession. In August 1991, for example, he announced that he would not alter his routine of golf, tennis, horseshoes, fishing, and racing around in his speedboat, despite the nation's serious economic woes at the time. He said he needed to rejuvenate himself, and it didn't appear to do him much harm with voters.

Ronald Reagan spent long stretches of time at his isolated ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif. This was particularly costly because the Air Force One flights between Washington and California covered so many miles. When his aides raised concerns that he might look lazy if he escaped to Santa Barbara too much, Reagan scoffed. He said the more time he spent at Rancho del Cielo, the longer he would live because he could relax there better than anywhere else. This was hard for his aides to argue with, and the California trips became a fixture of his popular presidency.

Exactly what is it that you need a link to? Each and every one of the examples that Mud listed has been in the media... the conclusion is his. Are you honestly so stupid that you can't remember these issues being in the media, that you can't go back and find the stories should you need to verify them, that you can't grasp that people might look at all these examples are reach the conclusioin that Mud did?

This obsession with being spoon fed is very typical of the left.

I've read enough cut-and-pasted-dittohead posts not to believe "the Left" has anywhere near a monopoly on being spoon fed.

But I can also tell you that most researchers are professors that demand some sort of "evidence" that anything has any scientific basis.

Of course, I suppose I should apply for a $500,000 Government Grant to study my hypothesis.:tongue:

I'm sure that this Admin would throw a half mill at you to undertake such a valuable study! In the meantime, one need only go back and look at the variety of coverage about the Obama's spending to form an opinion. All Mud has done is voice his opinion - I see no reason why anyone should need a link for that. Unless you're seriously stupid - and you certainly are not that.

I think there should be a link. Why not?? It's not as though the OP would be above lies when it comes to Obama.

Fucken hilarious.

Like I suspected...you have no link for your right wing propaganda

Exactly what is it that you need a link to? Each and every one of the examples that Mud listed has been in the media... the conclusion is his. Are you honestly so stupid that you can't remember these issues being in the media, that you can't go back and find the stories should you need to verify them, that you can't grasp that people might look at all these examples are reach the conclusioin that Mud did?

Still waiting for my link to this obvious propaganda......I knew you and Mud were spouting out your ass

Michelle has a full-time makeup and wardrobe staff that costs $1.2 million per year.

Show me where Michelle Obama has staff whose sole purpose is makeup and wardrobe and that they make $1.2 million......that is ten people who do full time makeup and wardrobe.......show me

She wore a pair of $600 dollar tennis shoes to a homeless shelter once.

Show me where Michelle Obama owns a $600 pair of "tennis shoes" and flaunted them at a homeless shelter

The President and the First Lady often fly to New York to dine and view Broadway shows on the public tab, about $260k a trip.

Show me multiple trips to NYC at $260K a trip. Also show me where US Presidents since FDR have not made personal trips. Once again we are getting the double standard where there is mock GOP outrage every time the President fires up Air Force One

Want to bring up how President Obama has played golf eight times also?

. Unless you're seriously stupid - and you certainly are not that.

You just need to be ether a member of a union, a minority, Gay, or a Polar Bear lover...and you can get a grant.

I was trying for the mentally handicapped angle before Cali-Girl ruined my chances.:confused:

Fucken hilarious.

George W. Bush flew Air Force One to his Texas ranch an estimated 77 times during his eight-year presidency. His critics made a fuss, arguing that he was wasting money and showing lax work habits. But he insisted on going back to Prairie Chapel Ranch to get away from Washington as often as he could. He said it cleared his mind and made him a better decision maker, and Americans seemed to understand.

Bill Clinton used government planes for his vacations at Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts and the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming. He was sensitive to public opinion and took time off only with considerable reluctance because of his concern that it wouldn't look right to the voters. But in the end, cost wasn't a big issue. Most people believed Clinton worked hard and deserved some R&R.

George H. W. Bush flew frequently to his family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine. He always defended his stays there, even when he was attacked for goofing off while the nation was mired in a recession. In August 1991, for example, he announced that he would not alter his routine of golf, tennis, horseshoes, fishing, and racing around in his speedboat, despite the nation's serious economic woes at the time. He said he needed to rejuvenate himself, and it didn't appear to do him much harm with voters.

Ronald Reagan spent long stretches of time at his isolated ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif. This was particularly costly because the Air Force One flights between Washington and California covered so many miles. When his aides raised concerns that he might look lazy if he escaped to Santa Barbara too much, Reagan scoffed. He said the more time he spent at Rancho del Cielo, the longer he would live because he could relax there better than anywhere else. This was hard for his aides to argue with, and the California trips became a fixture of his popular presidency.

did those presidents tell people to tighten their belts.....

that you don't see the hypocrisy and difference between the time periods of those presidents only shows you're looking at this from a partisan position, not an honest one

according to obama, we apparently are/were in the worst economic times since the depression...but yet he spends money, according to you, just like other presidents.....so here we are in dire economic straights and you justify his spending because others, who were not presiding over dire economic straights, spend money as well....

:cuckoo:

Like I suspected...you have no link for your right wing propaganda

Still waiting for my link to this obvious propaganda......I knew you and Mud were spouting out your ass

Michelle has a full-time makeup and wardrobe staff that costs $1.2 million per year.

Show me where Michelle Obama has staff whose sole purpose is makeup and wardrobe and that they make $1.2 million......that is ten people who do full time makeup and wardrobe.......show me

She wore a pair of $600 dollar tennis shoes to a homeless shelter once.

Show me where Michelle Obama owns a $600 pair of "tennis shoes" and flaunted them at a homeless shelter

The President and the First Lady often fly to New York to dine and view Broadway shows on the public tab, about $260k a trip.

Show me multiple trips to NYC at $260K a trip. Also show me where US Presidents since FDR have not made personal trips. Once again we are getting the double standard where there is mock GOP outrage every time the President fires up Air Force One

Want to bring up how President Obama has played golf eight times also?

you really are clueless and a lazy tool who can't do a simple google search....

Fashionable First Lady Michelle Obama helps the poor in $540 sneakers

Fashionable First Lady Michelle Obama helps the poor in $540 sneakers | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Fucken hilarious.

George W. Bush flew Air Force One to his Texas ranch an estimated 77 times during his eight-year presidency.... .

Over an 8 year period 77 ain't bad.

That evens out to about once a month. I think it's ok for the man to go home once a month.

Got any more bullshit excuses?

Last edited:

Fucken hilarious.

that you don't see the hypocrisy and difference between the time periods of those presidents only shows you're looking at this from a partisan position, not an honest one

according to obama, we apparently are/were in the worst economic times since the depression...but yet he spends money, according to you, just like other presidents.....so here we are in dire economic straights and you justify his spending because others, who were not presiding over dire economic straights, spend money as well....

Problem is he's out spending Bush 2 to 1.

I've read enough cut-and-pasted-dittohead posts not to believe "the Left" has anywhere near a monopoly on being spoon fed.

But I can also tell you that most researchers are professors that demand some sort of "evidence" that anything has any scientific basis.

Of course, I suppose I should apply for a $500,000 Government Grant to study my hypothesis.:tongue:

I'm sure that this Admin would throw a half mill at you to undertake such a valuable study! In the meantime, one need only go back and look at the variety of coverage about the Obama's spending to form an opinion. All Mud has done is voice his opinion - I see no reason why anyone should need a link for that. Unless you're seriously stupid - and you certainly are not that.

I think there should be a link. Why not?? It's not as though the OP would be above lies when it comes to Obama.

You calling me a liar......fuck you you fucken prick.

Fucken hilarious.

Please don't attempt to justify your ridiculous position. Obama is no different than every other prez.

Yes, I'm calling you a liar. It took you long enough to figure that out.

George W. Bush flew Air Force One to his Texas ranch
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Mom! The other kid did it tooooo!" Which means...

"We can't defend this so we just yell BOOOOOOOSH!" And also means....

If you gotta defend Obama by citing Boooooosh, where's the change?

Simpleton dolt.

Fucken hilarious.

George W. Bush flew Air Force One to his Texas ranch an estimated 77 times during his eight-year presidency.... .

Over an 8 year period 77 ain't bad.

That evens out to about once a month. I think it's ok for the man to go home once a month.

Got any more bullshit excuses?

You're the one with the excuses, not I. Did you also know that those "mere" 77 trips came to a total of 490 days???

Oh, and remember the 9/11 hearings??? The FBI's Minnesota field office reported that Zacarias Moussaoui had been taking lessons on how to fly a 747. George Tenet said that he was briefed about the case on Aug. 23 or 24, 2001.

Tenet was asked if he mentioned Moussaoui to President Bush at one of their frequent morning briefings. Tenet replied, "I was not in briefings at this time." Bush, he noted, "was on vacation." He added that he didn't see the president at all in August 2001. During the entire month, Bush was at his ranch in Texas. "You never talked with him?" Roemer asked. "No," Tenet replied. By the way, for much of August, Tenet too was, as he put it, "on leave."

So please don't defend what you don't know.

Please don't attempt to justify your ridiculous position. Obama is no different than every other prez.

The White House is refusing to tell how much this little excursion with his wife cost the American people. Considering that last months joyride and Air Force One photo-op over the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero cost us about $250,000 (or more), we can safely assume that this trip would cost at least that. All things considered.
Obama New York City Date Night Cost $250,000? » Right Pundits

This is a classic example of how hard it is for Obama spokespersons to explain away his actions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMME3Ppvto&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

I was trying for the mentally handicapped angle before Cali-Girl ruined my chances.:confused:

I believe the correct term is 'intellectually challenged'.... and you need to be a democrat for that. :lol::lol:

Yes, I'm calling you a liar. It took you long enough to figure that out.

So I'm a liar?

Sorry.....but here's the evidence:

Obama's inauguration is most expensive ever at $160 million

It will take Barack Obama less than a minute to recite the oath of office -- and when he’s done dancing at the inaugural balls Jan. 20, the price tag for his swearing-in festivities could approach $160 million.

Obama’s inaugural committee is in the midst of raising roughly$45 million in private funds, exceeding the $42.3 million President Bush spent in 2005. In 1993, Clinton spent $33 million when Democrats returned to the White House for the first time in 12 years.

Obama's inauguration is most expensive ever at $160 million

Forum List

Back