obama: embarrased we can't speak french, but he laughs he can't speak spanish

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon

In front of photographers, Chavez gave Obama a copy of "The Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent," a book by Eduardo Galeano that chronicles U.S. and European economic and political interference in the region.

When a reporter asked Obama what he thought of the book, the president replied: "I thought it was one of Chavez's books. I was going to give him one of mine." White House advisers said they didn't know if Obama would read it or not.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs made a joke about it, noting the president doesn't speak or read Spanish: "I think it's in Spanish, so that might be a tad on the difficult side."

Obama extends hands to Chavez, Ortega at summit

obama is a high school president, nothing more

Excellent point. He had to kiss Europe's (France's) ass.

But Central and South American, not so much.

Excellent point. He had to kiss Europe's (France's) ass.

But Central and South American, not so much.

didn't bow down to anyone down there did he.....

Haven't heard of that ...yet.

I think it's pretty hysterical that Chavez's gift was how the U.S. and Europe has screwed Latin America.

Even George W. Bush could speak some Spanish. Maybe Obama could 'axe' him for help. Barack better learn. Once he grants amnesty to all the illegal aliens from Mexico, he'll have to give his speeches in Spanish. (Or perhaps he can just get a Spanish-speaking teleprompter...?)

Medium_HOS_Cereal_larger.jpg

Obama speaks no other languages. The French he briefly spoke was teleprompted, and he butchered that one small phrase.

His slant against American culture during his trip to Europe was so...European.

Most shocking regarding the Chavez stuff is Obama's willingness to allow Chavez to enter into his space, shake hands, pose for pics, exchange gifts...good Lord. Does he not realize the mileage this South American dictator is going to get out of this weak-ass American presidents compliance?

Obama repeatedly comes off so weak, so indecisive. The South American media are pointing out how our American president sought out Chavez and worked to greet him - not the other way around. Chavez appeared far more in control - he was the alpha male to Obama's insecure empty suit...

373_041709-chavez-obama.jpg

In front of photographers, Chavez gave Obama a copy of "The Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent," a book by Eduardo Galeano that chronicles U.S. and European economic and political interference in the region.

When a reporter asked Obama what he thought of the book, the president replied: "I thought it was one of Chavez's books. I was going to give him one of mine." White House advisers said they didn't know if Obama would read it or not.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs made a joke about it, noting the president doesn't speak or read Spanish: "I think it's in Spanish, so that might be a tad on the difficult side."

I don't want to give Chavez any rep- but that was an excellent reading suggestion, I would encourage everyone to read- it is a classic essay by one of our greatest intellectuals.

Apparently it did some good: the books sales went absolutely nuts on amazon after the news broke. Haha... that's funny.

Sales Soar of Book Chavez Gave Obama - Political Punch

Heeeeeeeere we go: Yurt's daily dose (Krochdog to follow) of anti-Obama silliness. Like this really matters.

Not even worth my time.

Heeeeeeeere we go: Yurt's daily dose (Krochdog to follow) of anti-Obama silliness. Like this really matters.

Not even worth my time.

And heeeeeeeere we go.... another dose of liberal I dont give a damn what obama does obamabot silliness.

Not even worth listening to that either.

Not even worth my time.

If you really thought it wasn't worth your time, you wouldn't have bothered to post a reply telling us that you weren't going to reply.

Not even worth my time.
Its like they share the same stomach bug that makes this unstoppable diarrhea of
inaccurate and childish antiObama comments.
All the time, on and on, gushing forth.
They seem to be incapable of thinking about or doing anything BUT that.
Their bitterness would turn away a starving carnivore who had it's fangs in their flesh.

Most shocking regarding the Chavez stuff is Obama's willingness to allow Chavez to enter into his space, shake hands, pose for pics, exchange gifts...good Lord. Does he not realize the mileage this South American dictator is going to get out of this weak-ass American presidents compliance?

Now, this should be a simple enough task for you if your comment is accurate. What element of Chavez's government merits the term "dictator" being applied to him?

Now, this should be a simple enough task for you if your comment is accurate. What element of Chavez's government merits the term "dictator" being applied to him?

He bad talks the US government...

Hence, he must be a dictator.

Obama speaks no other languages. The French he briefly spoke was teleprompted, and he butchered that one small phrase.

His slant against American culture during his trip to Europe was so...European.

Obama repeatedly comes off so weak, so indecisive. The South American media are pointing out how our American president sought out Chavez and worked to greet him - not the other way around. Chavez appeared far more in control - he was the alpha male to Obama's insecure empty suit...

373_041709-chavez-obama.jpg

And the really sad frightening thing about it is obamalama thinks he is doing a better job than President Bush did. Pathetic! :lol:

Forum List

Back