Obama Economic/Political Policies Drive DOW to Record High

Obama's economic and political policies have helped recover the 8 million unskilled jobs Bush and the Republicans killed.

A miracle, really ....

:)

A sure loser of an argument:

BOOOOOSH!

Loser argument??? Bringing up Bush's flop of a Presidency worked in defeating the GOP twice in a row, and I'm predicting it will give us President Hillary in 2016.

I don't think conservatives have quite grasped what a massive failure Bush's Presidency was, not only in policy, but in politics too. They think blaming Bush is a failed tactic, but it's worked well for Democrats, and will continue to do so.

Remember, it was the failed Republican policies that BOOSH had to work with.

And those Conservative policies that caused the worst recession in U.S. history - haven't changed one iota

LOL. The "Conservatives" once again trying to make good news bad.

After 4 and 1/2 years of constantly predicting economic disaster because Obama was elected President, you would think that they would learn something.

But the rest of us learned something for sure watching the feckless adventures of the previous President, and the results of that behaviour. And what we learned is that the "Conservatives" are totally out of their little minds.

U.S. stock-index futures climbed, indicating the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index will extend an all-time high, as earnings from companies including DuPont Co. and Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) topped analysts’ estimates.

U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise as Earnings Top Estimates - Bloomberg

Excellent!

we also had an artifical market jump under clinton, remember what happened to that one?

the market is up, I am making money. The problem is that its not real money and will be destroyed by inflation. The FED is pumping billions of unbacked dollars into the banking system every month. But they are causing an inflationary cycle. The more dollars in circulation, the less each one is worth.

it was the wrong answer when bush did it and its the wrong answer when obama does it.

U.S. stock-index futures climbed, indicating the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index will extend an all-time high, as earnings from companies including DuPont Co. and Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) topped analysts’ estimates.

Excellent!

we also had an artifical market jump under clinton, remember what happened to that one?

the market is up, I am making money. The problem is that its not real money and will be destroyed by inflation. The FED is pumping billions of unbacked dollars into the banking system every month. But they are causing an inflationary cycle. The more dollars in circulation, the less each one is worth.

it was the wrong answer when bush did it and its the wrong answer when obama does it.

Inflation? Really?

Bernanke's big fear is DEflation...

Maybe you should get on the same page!

You're not confusing the predictably periodic price gouging of Big Oil, Big Bank, and Big Insurance - with inflation?

:eusa_drool:

Last edited:

Excellent!

Inflation? Really?

Bernanke's big fear is DEflation...

Maybe you should get on the same page!

:eusa_drool:

why would I get on the same page with an idiot? Do you know what deflation means? It means that each dollar would have more buying power. Why would anyone think that would be a bad thing?

why would I get on the same page with an idiot? Do you know what deflation means? It means that each dollar would have more buying power. Why would anyone think that would be a bad thing?

Deflation means that the general level of prices is going down. While that might seem good for the consumer, what does it mean for a business? Debt, rent/mortgages, salaries are all the same, but marginal revenuse is lower. And on anything you're paying interest, that's going to go up with interest while your revenue is going down. Deflation is not a good thing.

Deflation means that the general level of prices is going down. While that might seem good for the consumer, what does it mean for a business? Debt, rent/mortgages, salaries are all the same, but marginal revenuse is lower. And on anything you're paying interest, that's going to go up with interest while your revenue is going down. Deflation is not a good thing.

fixed expenses would remain fixed, you are correct about that. but the other costs of doing business---utilities, supplies, raw materials, labor etc would go down. it could be a net gain or a net loss, or it would be a wash. the devil is in the details.

fixed expenses would remain fixed, you are correct about that. but the other costs of doing business---utilities, supplies, raw materials, labor etc would go down. it could be a net gain or a net loss, or it would be a wash. the devil is in the details.

In theory labor would go down. In reality, it doesn't, unless you fire people. And if the prices are going down because of low demand, then you're not making up for the loss of marginal revenue with an increase in quantity. But it's mostly the increase in real debt that's the killer.

AMAZON TO HIRE 7,000 IN 13 STATES

Amazon.com said it is adding 7,000 jobs in 13 states, beefing up staff at the warehouses where it fills orders, and in its customer service division.

The company says it will add 5,000 full-time jobs at its U.S. distribution centers, which currently employ about 20,000 workers who pack and ship customer orders.

Amazon.com looks to fill 7,000 jobs in 13 states

The economy rolls .....

Forum List

Back