Obama: Don't Talk About the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Environment' started by JBeukema, Mar 30, 2011.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Obama administration restricts findings on Gulf

2. RollingThunder

RollingThunder VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +886
    I'm not saying that I agree with this decision if it is indeed stifling the scientific process (unproven at this point), but it is not uncommon in criminal case for prosecutors to want to keep some information under wraps until they finish building their case.

"An abnormal dolphin mortality this year along the Gulf coast has become part of a federal criminal investigation over last year’s BP oil spill disaster and as a result, has led the US government to clamp down on biologists’ findings, with orders to keep the results confidential.
    “Because of the seriousness of the legal case, no data or findings may be released, presented or discussed outside the UME investigative team without prior approval.”"

Meanwhile, the title of your post is a bit ingenuous. I feel pretty sure that Obama did not personally have anything to do with some letter from the National Marine Fisheries Service. He's got a lot of much more important things on his plate right now. Nice try at inserting another Obama smear into your post though.