Obama doesn't care about these workers

As if this isn't enough, the Big O still has over $40 billion in taxes in store for the petroleum industry.

It is amazing that you would bitch about a minimum wage worker not paying any income taxes, but you support the idea of a company that makes tens of billions in profit every year not paying any income taxes. :cuckoo:

Brainwashing is an understatement. It's the same thing with taxing the wealthy. Because they have a higher tax rate, you tell us how unfair it is, yet the wealthy end up actually paying a smaller percentage than the struggling middle class family. It is insanely laughable that you have been duped to such an extent.

In 2006, the oil industry paid $81 billion in income tax, and while Exxon’s earnings increased 89% from 2003 to 2007, their income taxes increased 170%. Exxon: Profit Pirate or Tax Victim?

The non-thinking segment of the public has been conditioned to hate the oil industry. Very few realize the extent to which they are subsidized by this industry. “According to the [Exxon] company's income statement, the amount of taxes it paid in 2008 was 2.5 times as much as its net profit. The $45.2 billion profit figure makes a snappy headline, but the $116.2 billion in taxes that it paid is relegated to a footnote—if that. Exxon's tax bill breaks down like this: income taxes, $36.5 billion; sales-based taxes, $34.5 billion; "all other" taxes, $45.2 billion.” Exxon, Big Oil Profits Evil Only Until You Weigh Their Tax Bills - US News and World Report

If Exxon’s 2008 tax bill of $116.2 billion were split equally among all tax filers who pay income tax, each filer’s share would be $1,259/year. Still hate Exxon? The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million

America doesn't care about its workers.

It hasn't cared about its working classes for at least the 40 years.

Why should these guys expect anything different?
More pro union clap trap..Shut it.
You're just bitter because unions are becoming irrelevant.
No more unreasonable labor costs . No more gold plated benefits and pensions.

Public sector jobs don't count?

You see, that's the problem with grand, ideological economic ideals - they don't take into account all the facts. Communism won't ever work because of facts not taken into consideration at the beginning - just like when people say things like "public sector jobs don't count", they're not taking into account the millions of people who would all of a sudden lose everything.

We do take that into account. Who care if a hoard of useless tics lose their source of nourishment? That's exactly the prescription the doctor ordered.

Government workers are parasites. Every dollar that goes to a government employee is a dollar that a parent can't spend on food or his child's education.

What about all the parents who lose their jobs, and can't feed their children, or pay for their education? Children of public sector workers don't count?

They can compete for jobs in the private sector just like the rest of us.
After all, government salaries are set at levels because politicians state "we need the best and the brightest".....Hence the excuse the politicians use to shower these workers with wages that are far above prevailing market rates. Given these people's allegedly higher skill levels, they should have no problem finding work in the private sector.
The public sector produces nothing. It only consumes. Government consumption must be severely reduced.

America doesn't care about its workers.

It hasn't cared about its working classes for at least the 40 years.

Why should these guys expect anything different?

"Caring" about workers isn't the government's job. Furthermore, you don't care for workers by taxing them into oblivion and pouring the proceeds down the welfare sewer.

What about all the parents who lose their jobs, and can't feed their children, or pay for their education? Children of public sector workers don't count?

No. Why would anyone want to help tics reproduce and multiply?

No. Why would anyone want to help tics reproduce and multiply?
That and those who have worked civil service jobs and were allowed to retire at full or near full pay( based on padded OT hours which many public workers will do to increase their pension) at age 50 or 55. These people sit home or simply enjoy themselves at taxpayer expense. They continue to suck at the taxpayer tit even after they are done "putting in their time" while taxpayers are working until they in their 60's and 70's...Presumably to pay for these cushy benefits.

That and those who have worked civil service jobs and were allowed to retire at full or near full pay( based on padded OT hours which many public workers will do to increase their pension) at age 50 or 55. These people sit home or simply enjoy themselves at taxpayer expense. They continue to suck at the taxpayer tit even after they are done "putting in their time" while taxpayers are working until they in their 60's and 70's...Presumably to pay for these cushy benefits.

Yep. I always laugh whenever libs start talking about "shared sacrifice." We all have to sacrifice so government employees who never did a thing for me in their entire lives can spend 35 years in retirement lolling around in oriental luxury.

The only people who need to do any sacrificing are the ones getting a check from the government.

Democrat Martin Frost Effectively Concedes Governor Palin’s Analysis of the Oil Industry is Accurate

Palin: As for the government subsidies that we’re hearing Obama flirting with right now in wanting to decrease those or eliminate those, we’re only talking about four billion dollars. Compare that to the fourteen trillion dollar debt that he, our President, has certainly contributed to and four billion dollars is a drop in the bucket and he shouldn’t assume that the four billion dollars is going to affect Big Oil. No, it’s the independent explorers that we want out there with their entrepreneurial spirit and their manpower and their job creating ability to be out there exploring and then responsibly exploiting and extracting our god-given natural resources.

Frost: I’m a supporter of the President’s. I’m concerned that he’s going to lose credibility on this oil and gas issue because he’s not telling the truth entirely. What he is saying is that you need to eliminate four billion dollars worth of tax breaks for major oil companies because major oil companies have obscene profits. The problem with this is that one of the big tax breaks that he’s citing -intangible drilling costs- excuse me -percentage depletion- was repealed by Congress, excuse me, in 1975, 36 years ago, as it affects major oil companies. The only ones that get percentage depletion anymore are domestic independents who drill most of the wells in the United States and employ four million people. Now the press doesn’t do a very good job of covering oil and gas tax issues. They don’t understand them. But if the press ever picks up that the President is not telling the truth about the depletion allowance, that it doesn’t go the major oil companies, he’s going to have additional problems, I believe, in the polls.

Palin:Again, you have to remember that President Obama, and I’m going to say this with all due respect to the office of the Presidency, he doesn’t know what he’s doing when it comes to energy. He does not know, as I just pointed out, that the four billion dollars that he thinks he’s gonna stick it to Exxon, BP, Conaco Phillips that no, it’s going to be the independent producers, the explorers that we want out there creating jobs that are going to be hit with an end of subsidy.

Democrat Martin Frost Effectively Concedes Governor Palin’s Analysis of the Oil Industry is Accurate

Last edited:
We do take that into account. Who care if a hoard of useless tics lose their source of nourishment? That's exactly the prescription the doctor ordered.

Government workers are parasites. Every dollar that goes to a government employee is a dollar that a parent can't spend on food or his child's education.

After all, government salaries are set at levels because politicians state "we need the best and the brightest".....Hence the excuse the politicians use to shower these workers with wages that are far above prevailing market rates. Given these people's allegedly higher skill levels, they should have no problem finding work in the private sector.
The public sector produces nothing. It only consumes. Government consumption must be severely reduced.

You're still not thinking it through.

Here's a hypothetical: Tomorrow morning, every Federal government employee is fired.

Do you think the private sector will expand or contract as it loses a few million consumers?

How many thousands of companies will go out of business because of it?

Here's a hypothetical: Tomorrow morning, every Federal government employee is fired.

Do you think the private sector will expand or contract as it loses a few million consumers?

So what's the point of putting forth a hypothetical that's never going to happen?

So what's the point of putting forth a hypothetical that's never going to happen?

To make a point that 2 million workers that the poster called "leeches" have an effect on the economy.

Palin: As for the government subsidies that we’re hearing Obama flirting with right now in wanting to decrease those or eliminate those, we’re only talking about four billion dollars. Compare that to the fourteen trillion dollar debt that he, our President, has certainly contributed to and four billion dollars is a drop in the bucket and he shouldn’t assume that the four billion dollars is going to affect Big Oil. No, it’s the independent explorers that we want out there with their entrepreneurial spirit and their manpower and their job creating ability to be out there exploring and then responsibly exploiting and extracting our god-given natural resources.

Frost: I’m a supporter of the President’s. I’m concerned that he’s going to lose credibility on this oil and gas issue because he’s not telling the truth entirely. What he is saying is that you need to eliminate four billion dollars worth of tax breaks for major oil companies because major oil companies have obscene profits. The problem with this is that one of the big tax breaks that he’s citing -intangible drilling costs- excuse me -percentage depletion- was repealed by Congress, excuse me, in 1975, 36 years ago, as it affects major oil companies. The only ones that get percentage depletion anymore are domestic independents who drill most of the wells in the United States and employ four million people. Now the press doesn’t do a very good job of covering oil and gas tax issues. They don’t understand them. But if the press ever picks up that the President is not telling the truth about the depletion allowance, that it doesn’t go the major oil companies, he’s going to have additional problems, I believe, in the polls.

Palin:Again, you have to remember that President Obama, and I’m going to say this with all due respect to the office of the Presidency, he doesn’t know what he’s doing when it comes to energy. He does not know, as I just pointed out, that the four billion dollars that he thinks he’s gonna stick it to Exxon, BP, Conaco Phillips that no, it’s going to be the independent producers, the explorers that we want out there creating jobs that are going to be hit with an end of subsidy.

I believe Obama and crew know exactly what they are doing.
Based solely on Obama's in-campaign(2008) statement "I'd be comfortable with four dollar gasoline", Obama believes he can ram conservation down our throats. Since he cannot stop the manufacture of the type of vehicles Americans wish to purchase and operate or mandate the purchase of smaller vehicles, he has decided to ration fuel by price. His goal is to make fuel so expensive, we will drive less.
The most galling aspect of this is not energy savings, oil ,gas or any of that. He wants to limit our freedom. He wants to place people in a position where they must look to government for assistance.
Obama is so arrogant, so egotistical that he views government as all mighty all seeing and all benevolent.

And when gasoline next falls to $2 or even $1/gallon?
The feds s/slap more tax on gasoline.

PS- geez I thought it was common knowledge that depletion allowance was only afforded independents.
God damn is the public stoopid.

Last edited:
Obama lovers wil believe whatever he says... Do we want jobs here or in Brazil, Columbia ECT? Humm.. If it were Bush sending these jobs overseas and helping to raise the price of energy what do you think the talking points would be? High-energy prices hurt the poor and middle class most of all but it's the Republicans that are for the "rich" right? As a result of this administrations policies big oil companies are making record profits and small independent companies are going bankrupt. Thank you Obama.

What truth? Why don't you provide us with some examples of what you are posting about?
Goes to electric vehicles? WHAT?!! The ones no one wants to buy because you can't go drive 100 miles without having to plug them in for 8 hours? The ones that NO ONE wants?
The electric vehicles that only the upper income levels can afford( $40k and up for one of these battery powered boxes on wheels)..
And tell us oh wise one. when those cells will no longer take a charge, where do we put them? Recycle? Oh sure. hey stupid fuck, they have LEAD in them.....
Oh and can you explain where those $1 per hour jobs are in the US...I want to go and see for myself.....Ya know there sammy, the reason why labor rates are declining in certain industries is because the fucking DEMOCRATS want ILLEGALS here. Those people are potential democrat voters.
Ya know what, you really ate the stupid cake. How you could come on here and expose yourself as 100% intellectually vacant on the issues is a friggin mystery.

What? you can't recycle lead? Besides... I was under the assumption they were lithium based... but hey, I'll concede that point.

Second, I never said that $1 hour jobs were in the US... I am saying that CORPORATE AMERICA sold out the American Citizens for $1 hour jobs and the opportunity to sell their goods in China. You did know that an American Company(like ohhh Caterpillar can't sell their machinery without putting a plant in China and use their workers, right... oh yeah... you LISTEN TO LIMBAUGH... It's all the Liberals fault... I forgot).

You want to talk about intellectually vacant... try looking and listening beyond your own comfort level.

What truth? Why don't you provide us with some examples of what you are posting about?
Goes to electric vehicles? WHAT?!! The ones no one wants to buy because you can't go drive 100 miles without having to plug them in for 8 hours? The ones that NO ONE wants?
The electric vehicles that only the upper income levels can afford( $40k and up for one of these battery powered boxes on wheels)..
And tell us oh wise one. when those cells will no longer take a charge, where do we put them? Recycle? Oh sure. hey stupid fuck, they have LEAD in them.....
Oh and can you explain where those $1 per hour jobs are in the US...I want to go and see for myself.....Ya know there sammy, the reason why labor rates are declining in certain industries is because the fucking DEMOCRATS want ILLEGALS here. Those people are potential democrat voters.
Ya know what, you really ate the stupid cake. How you could come on here and expose yourself as 100% intellectually vacant on the issues is a friggin mystery.

What? you can't recycle lead? Besides... I was under the assumption they were lithium based... but hey, I'll concede that point.

Second, I never said that $1 hour jobs were in the US... I am saying that CORPORATE AMERICA sold out the American Citizens for $1 hour jobs and the opportunity to sell their goods in China. You did know that an American Company(like ohhh Caterpillar can't sell their machinery without putting a plant in China and use their workers, right... oh yeah... you LISTEN TO LIMBAUGH... It's all the Liberals fault... I forgot).

You want to talk about intellectually vacant... try looking and listening beyond your own comfort level.

Lead is a highly toxic material. There's no guarantee the lead acid batteries( you should never assume) will be recycled. The amount of waste from the manufacture, recycling or disposal is not environmentally friendly.
Use of these batteries for autos is not only expensive, it is woefully inefficient.
Yes you did state there were $1 per hour jobs.....
It is US federal government policy that has chased at least some of our major manufacturing base to other countries. Plus we can drop some portion of the blame squarely on the shoulders of union labor. These unionized plants are non-competitive.
Your bitching about Cat.....Stop it...Caterpillar operates 51 US manufacturing plants.
They also operate 59 plants in other nations....Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, the People's Republic of China, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.
Your feeble attempt to get even on this discussion leads me to conclude that if this were baseball, you don't belong on the same field with me. You're minor league.

Forum List

Back