Obama does not have power to make nuke deal with Iran!

To even suggest that Obama has authority to finalize a deal with Iran without the Senate’s approve is very, very suspicious indeed!

JWK

Then why did we elect him dictator? Only Republicans need Senate approval, that's what the Constitution says.

If he makes a deal without Congress, they should take a page out of his book and ignore it. Let him try to enforce it on his own.

What's really funny is you actually think I support Obama because I don't entirely agree with your "assessment" (to use a gentile euphemism)........ :lmao:

Yo, if you don`t support Obama? Then you support the Left in one way or another? They are a mixed breed!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"
Actually I am a "mixed breed", my grandfather was Chippewa........ :eusa_whistle:
Let's just say I don't support Wingnuts (such as yourself) or moonbats though I'm called both with regular frequency....... Speaks volumes about your types........

blinders.jpg

:lmao:

Yo, than I was right? You are nothing more than a Half-Breed!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA":blahblah:
Hey at least, unlike you, I'm human........ :thup:

Yo, sorry if I:beer: struck a NERVE!!!

"GTP"

"OBAMA HATES AMERICA"
Wishful thinking....... :D

Now I would engage in a battle of wits but it's no fun when my opponent is unarmed........ :eusa_whistle:

Yep, another politician who doesn't know his place in a Constitutional government. I hope your dear leader dies a slow, miserable, painful, natural death along with every other politician that refuse to take their oath of office seriously.

Thanks for displaying the clear compassionate thinking that is so prevalent in the right wing now days. What happened to you to make you such a bitter pathetic person?

Oh that wasn't partisan, I can think of many republicans who qualify, I'm damned fed up with lying politicians of all stripes and I can only hope karma catches up with them in the end.

And you hope they all die a slow, miserable, painful death?

Yep, another politician who doesn't know his place in a Constitutional government. I hope your dear leader dies a slow, miserable, painful, natural death along with every other politician that refuse to take their oath of office seriously.

Thanks for displaying the clear compassionate thinking that is so prevalent in the right wing now days. What happened to you to make you such a bitter pathetic person?

Oh that wasn't partisan, I can think of many republicans who qualify, I'm damned fed up with lying politicians of all stripes and I can only hope karma catches up with them in the end.

And you hope they all die a slow, miserable, painful death?

Karma can be a bitch, ask Ted Kennedy, oh wait.......

JohnWK can say anything he wants to say "but nowhere in our Constitution has" JohnWK began given power to decide what the Constitution says. Just saying.

Section 2. The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;

In truth if Obama chooses this "option" it would be a serious violation (overreach) of Executive Privilege. If he doesn't go that route then this argument is a moot point. :dunno:

Can you identify any actual component that would be such an overreach?

If he makes a deal without Congress, they should take a page out of his book and ignore it. Let him try to enforce it on his own.

That's like saying that Congress should ignore what color tie the President chooses to wear.

Sanctions are controlled by the President. They always have. The first sanctions were implemented by President Carter with Executive Order 12170. President Reagan implemented new sanctions. President Clinton implemented new sanctions, then after the election of Khatami he eased sanctions. President Bush later implemented new sanctions.

That's like saying that Congress should ignore what color tie the President chooses to wear.

Sanctions are controlled by the President. They always have. The first sanctions were implemented by President Carter with Executive Order 12170. President Reagan implemented new sanctions. President Clinton implemented new sanctions, then after the election of Khatami he eased sanctions. President Bush later implemented new sanctions.

Nonsense. He can't do diddly without funding, and Congress can refuse to fund anything they want to.

Congress cannot touch self funding presidential activities, and that is how EO is being funded.

In truth if Obama chooses this "option" it would be a serious violation (overreach) of Executive Privilege. If he doesn't go that route then this argument is a moot point. :dunno:

Can you identify any actual component that would be such an overreach?
Yes, if Obama concludes what is in reality a treaty with a foreign nation and plays semantics with calling it something other then a treaty simply to bypass congress then he would be in violation of the constitution and such a potential usage of Executive Privilege is way beyond the scope of what it was and is intended for.

Yes, if Obama concludes what is in reality a treaty with a foreign nation and plays semantics with calling it something other then a treaty simply to bypass congress then he would be in violation of the constitution and such a potential usage of Executive Privilege is way beyond the scope of what it was and is intended for.

What treaty?

Nonsense. He can't do diddly without funding, and Congress can refuse to fund anything they want to.

:wtf:

Da fuk are you talking about? What funding is necessary for the President to reduce sanctions?

What treaty?
Obviously you didn't read all the OP or you're attempting to assert that any deal made with Iran (a foreign country) does not constitute a treaty. :dunno:

Obviously you didn't read all the OP or you're attempting to assert that any deal made with Iran (a foreign country) does not constitute a treaty. :dunno:

I am saying that an agreement does not constitute a treaty, unless it is actually a treaty.

Obama will have to submit a treaty with Iran to the senate, yes.
It requires a 2/3 vote for approval. What happens when that doesn't pass. Will he bitch and moan about it?
The Treaty can be between Iran and all the major powers that DON"T have a mindless GOP to deal with....but I think by then the GOP will have split into adults and brainwashed morons definitively lol...

It requires a 2/3 vote for approval. What happens when that doesn't pass. Will he bitch and moan about it?
The Treaty can be between Iran and all the major powers that DON"T have a mindless GOP to deal with....but I think by then the GOP will have split into adults and brainwashed morons definitively lol...

So the arrogant boy of a President will bitch and whine if he doesn't get his way. Let's see that dumbass try to uphold it through EO.

So the arrogant boy of a President will bitch and whine if he doesn't get his way. Let's see that dumbass try to uphold it through EO.
When exactly will the brainwashed racist wing of the GOP realize they're dead?

Forum List

Back