Obama Consults With MSNBC Host Al Sharpton, and Other 'Civil Rights Leaders,' on Fisc

"Expertise" isn't the word for it. "Opinions" would be the right word. Is there any reason their opinions shouldn't be heard?

Because listening to these assholes is precisely the reason we are in the fiscal mess we are in.

None of those people are registered lobbyists.

The term "lobbyist" has a specific definition, it isn't an all-encompassing term for anyone with an opinion.

They're lobbyists. Anyone who isn't terminally gullible understands that.

Once again, words mean things.

The term "lobbyist" has a legal definition. None of those people fit that definition.

"Expertise" isn't the word for it. "Opinions" would be the right word. Is there any reason their opinions shouldn't be heard?
Is there any reason they should?
Yes. They have a stake in our economy too.

You mean they have a stake in other people's bank accounts.

Maybe if you run for President, you can decide not to talk to people who you don't like. Until then, your opinion is a little irrelevant.

So Al Sharpton's opinion is relevant, but mine isn't?

Everyone who visits the White House has an agenda. So what?
Yeah, except these are invitees, not people visiting to lobby.

I suspect it would be far different if a prez with an (R) by his name summoned -oh I dunno- the Kochs, NRA, Rupert Murdoch, Krauthammer, Kristol & Barnes, Limbaugh and Hannity to the WH for a big pow-wow, just before an impending big political showdown, huh? :rolleyes:

Remember when Cheney had a meeting with energy executives about, of all things, energy?

The outrage from the turds was ear shattering.

Obama Consults With MSNBC Host Al Sharpton, and Other 'Civil Rights Leaders,' on Fiscal Talks
This afternoon, President Barack Obama consulted with MSNBC host Al Sharpton, who's also assicated with the National Action Network (NAN), about the fiscal talks between the White House and Congress. At the same meeting, Obama also consulted with other "leaders of civil rights and civic organizations."​

List of attendees in the link.

Eh no real surprise there MSNBC is pretty much part of the Obama White house communications department.

The term "lobbyist" has a specific definition, it isn't an all-encompassing term for anyone with an opinion.

They're lobbyists. Anyone who isn't terminally gullible understands that.

Once again, words mean things.

The term "lobbyist" has a legal definition. None of those people fit that definition.

You have us confused with turds like you who only give a shit what the legal definition is when the lobbyists are meeting with a Democrat.

Another question, aren't most of these lobbyists? Why is the man that promised not to allow lobbyists access to the White House meeting with lobbyists about the budget?

* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Sister Simone Campbell, NETWORK
* Chad Griffin, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
* Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR)
* Deepa Iyer National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA)
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Marc Morial, National Urban League
* Janet Murguia, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
* Barry Rand, AARP
* Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, MomsRising.org
* Rev. Al Sharpton, National Action Network (NAN)
* Aaron Smith, Young Invincibles
* Rev. Jim Wallis, Sojourners

Given the fact that all of them belong to lobbying organizations I think it is perfectly reasonable to presume they are lobbyists, but you seem to have evidence to the contrary. Can you post a link of all registered lobbyist to prove that none of these people are actually registered? How do you know they aren't registered lobbyists? Are you simply talking out of your ass in a reflexive attempt to protect the Apostle of the Progressive Gospel from defamation?

By the way, I dare you to challenge me on the Apostle thing.

Is there any reason they should?
Yes. They have a stake in our economy too.

You mean they have a stake in other people's bank accounts.

Maybe if you run for President, you can decide not to talk to people who you don't like. Until then, your opinion is a little irrelevant.

So Al Sharpton's opinion is relevant, but mine isn't?

Yep. Al Sharpton's opinion is relevant because the President asked for it.

Why shouldn't their opinions be heard?

I mean, it's not like Obama didn't meet with CEOs and business leaders earlier the same day.
Just not sure why Obama thinks civil rights leaders have any expertise in fiscal matters.

How about because he isn't listening to opinions that represent my opinion.

Obama Consults With MSNBC Host Al Sharpton, and Other 'Civil Rights Leaders,' on Fiscal Talks
This afternoon, President Barack Obama consulted with MSNBC host Al Sharpton, who's also assicated with the National Action Network (NAN), about the fiscal talks between the White House and Congress. At the same meeting, Obama also consulted with other "leaders of civil rights and civic organizations."​

List of attendees in the link.

So what? Is AARP suddenly one of "them"? :lol:

Another question, aren't most of these lobbyists? Why is the man that promised not to allow lobbyists access to the White House meeting with lobbyists about the budget?

* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Sister Simone Campbell, NETWORK
* Chad Griffin, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
* Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR)
* Deepa Iyer National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA)
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Marc Morial, National Urban League
* Janet Murguia, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
* Barry Rand, AARP
* Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, MomsRising.org
* Rev. Al Sharpton, National Action Network (NAN)
* Aaron Smith, Young Invincibles
* Rev. Jim Wallis, Sojourners

Given the fact that all of them belong to lobbying organizations I think it is perfectly reasonable to presume they are lobbyists, but you seem to have evidence to the contrary. Can you post a link of all registered lobbyist to prove that none of these people are actually registered?
Lobbying Database | OpenSecrets

Feel free to check yourself.
How do you know they aren't registered lobbyists? Are you simply talking out of your ass in a reflexive attempt to protect the Apostle of the Progressive Gospel from defamation?

I don't have the slightest idea as to what you're talking about.

Are you wingnuts going to cry for four more years? Get over it your post truth candidate lost, Rove Limbaugh and Fox lost and you did too. Now shut up.

Oh and regarding the great deans of economic theory, did any of your worshiped experts have a clue about the last crash or even the first big one. Nah, they too should shut up. Fools are so tiring. Cry on righties, cry on.

The Good, Bad and Ugly of Capitalism - NYTimes.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html

"If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion." George Bernard Shaw

A lot of them did, but no one in the government listened, they preferred to keep going after votes of idiots like you.

Nor is he listening to opinions that represent my opinion. So what?

Well considering in 2008 he told he was not going to be the President of the blue states or the red states but the United States and in 2012 he told us we needed to come together to solve our problems I would call that a pretty big so what.

Ever consider that maybe Obama knows cuts are gonna have to happen, and he's seeking the help of people like that in selling the necessity of that message to those folks??

Imagine if Obama spends 4 years actually moving to the center/right, and draws in more moderates with smart budget cuts, common sense tax changes, etc?

Democrats will win every election for 10 years if that happens.

Excellent points.

Nor is he listening to opinions that represent my opinion. So what?

Well considering in 2008 he told he was not going to be the President of the blue states or the red states but the United States and in 2012 he told us we needed to come together to solve our problems I would call that a pretty big so what.

Huh?

This isn't a "red vs. blue" thing. He met with CEOs and business leaders the same day as he met with the civil rights groups.

Given the fact that all of them belong to lobbying organizations I think it is perfectly reasonable to presume they are lobbyists, but you seem to have evidence to the contrary. Can you post a link of all registered lobbyist to prove that none of these people are actually registered?

How do you know they aren't registered lobbyists? Are you simply talking out of your ass in a reflexive attempt to protect the Apostle of the Progressive Gospel from defamation?

That is not an all inclusive list of every registered lobbyist. Even so, it lists AARP as a lobbying organization, yet you want me to believe that that the CEO of a lobbying firm is not a lobbyist. Want to explain the logic there?

That is not an all inclusive list of every registered lobbyist.
What do you base that claim on?
Even so, it lists AARP as a lobbying organization, yet you want me to believe that that the CEO of a lobbying firm is not a lobbyist. Want to explain the logic there?
This isn't a matter of opinion or "logic", it's a matter of fact. He's not a registered lobbyist. Simple as that.

Not to mention, AARP isn't a "lobbying firm". They lobby for seniors, but they also do other things.

Forum List

Back