Obama claims he will ratchet up against Putin

The treaty is ineffective.

Just who would that treaty be with? Not the elected government. The EU got rid of them. Not the EU installed puppet rejected by half of Ukraine. Crimea has voted itself out of Ukraine. That's what happens in a civil war. Treaties tend to be with governments that no longer exist.

The dem war party continues as per usual. This is where of you don't agree with war they tell you "You had no problem under Bush." Yes, they will use Bush as the reason why we should do more wars, and an actual war where it could be fought on America soil, all because the President is now a Dem.

That's all it took for the dem party to switch their entire view on stupid wars.

It would be very interesting if President Putin could actually goad the vanity obsessed obama into a full scale war. A war in which we are hobbled by massive debt and a destroyed military is one we would not win.

The dem war party continues as per usual. This is where of you don't agree with war they tell you "You had no problem under Bush." Yes, they will use Bush as the reason why we should do more wars, and an actual war where it could be fought on America soil, all because the President is now a Dem.

That's all it took for the dem party to switch their entire view on stupid wars.

A war that Europe definitely doesn't want and will not join. Democrats will keep telling obama he's a leader right up to the point when he looks around and finds that he is totally alone.

The treaty is ineffective.

Just who would that treaty be with? Not the elected government. The EU got rid of them. Not the EU installed puppet rejected by half of Ukraine. Crimea has voted itself out of Ukraine. That's what happens in a civil war. Treaties tend to be with governments that no longer exist.

You are an idiot. The Ukraine has a legit Government. You would ruin our standing all over the world because you are to stupid to grasp binding treaties must be honored.

Exactly what message does Obama send to China? You remember them right? They want Taiwan and the pacific ocean for hundreds of miles off their border. Our refusal to honor THIS treaty tells China Obama is a weak sister and won't do shit if they attack Taiwan or the other Nations about disputed Islands in the Pacific.

It tells our allies our treaties are worthless. That we can not be counted on and they are on their own.

IT WILL lead to war.

Just who would that treaty be with? Not the elected government. The EU got rid of them. Not the EU installed puppet rejected by half of Ukraine. Crimea has voted itself out of Ukraine. That's what happens in a civil war. Treaties tend to be with governments that no longer exist.[/quote]

We should just keep our face out of it. The coup was engineered by the EU and Neo con hold overs from the Bush admin like Nuland , Big mistake on Obama's part keeping some of those people in the state department from the previous admin

Bad juju. This entire mess is going downhill fast and there is no clear picture of where we are going to end up.

Unfortunate.

The Russians are literally making fun of us. That's how effective Obama's policies have been.
Maybe we can send in a large wooden rabbit....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-4Ug0IgVo]The Trojan Rabbit - YouTube[/ame]

The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.

Last edited:
The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.

Obama is doing the exact right thing.

Economic sanctions will eventually cripple Russia.

Putin's on a fool errand.

The world is not going to allow a re-constituted Soviet Union.

That's a joke, right? Obama has implemented the most limited measly sanctions possible. Girly sanctions. That is why the Russians are having a field day laughing at him.

Boy I wonder if Obama regrets telling Dimitry he'd have more flexibility after his election.

The Russians are literally making fun of us. That's how effective Obama's policies have been.
Maybe we can send in a large wooden rabbit....
The Trojan Rabbit - YouTube

And you really care what the Russians think because...?

Because our ability to shape their perceptions is key to success in this encounter. You don't understand that. Because you're stupid.

Name calling shows that you have no ammunition.

The American right-wing's obsession with the alternative reality they've concocted over this is entertaining, if nothing else.

Putin's done shot himself in the foot on the world stage. See, he went into Georgia and nothing happened under the leadership of George Dubya and the Neo-Cons--who are now trying to have us believe that Obama is weak, when in fact it was they themselves who turned a blind eye to Putin's desires for gluing back together the former Soviet Union.

Putin thought he'd just take that heavily Russian part of the Ukraine back and that no one would notice. Well, the world noticed and is now beginning the process of sanctioning Russia. In the end, what Putin has basically done is to ensure that the Ukraine will never again have a Russian-friendly leader at its helm.

By annexing Crimea and having those old farts continue to vote for Putin until eternity, the Ukraine is now jumping head first into the modern world of the EU and the U.S.

The idea for Putin was to chip away at the Ukraine and just annex the whole goddamn thing. What he's left with is a shitty little piece at the south that means nothing when it comes to business capital, because it's the rest of Ukraine that is the gateway for all of Russia's resources. And now that gateway will never ever have a Russian-friendly type like Yanukovich at the helm. It will always be a Western-friendly leader there now that that swath of pro-Russia voters will be apparently annexed back into Russia.

And the west is smart, too: we're going to let him have Crimea so that we get to squeeze him with sanctions that will leave Russia more isolated than they thought possible, since George W. Bush just looked the other way last time.

So now Putin's going to try to chip away at that eastern part of Ukraine, and that's when things will get serious if he tries to meddle there, because America and the EU's economies are so much larger and can do so much more damage to the Russian one than they can to ours.

Just don't let the right-wingers know this obvious stuff, because their flapping heads right now are just making up the most hilarious stuff while they continue their circle-jerk over pictures of a shirtless Vladdy, the portrait of a Republican hero, seen as tough for totally fucking shooting himself in the foot on the world stage. And now he's got tens of thousands of Russians demonstrating against him again in the streets of Moscow as the proletariat begins another uprising in Russia because they don't want to be economically isolated by the rest of the world.

Obama's the good guy here and Putin's a two-bit turd of a tyrant who makes all the Russian ones before him seem even more big and powerful because of how puny he really is at this time in Russia's history.

Last edited:

That's a joke, right? Obama has implemented the most limited measly sanctions possible. Girly sanctions. That is why the Russians are having a field day laughing at him.

Boy I wonder if Obama regrets telling Dimitry he'd have more flexibility after his election.

No joke at all.

I'd explain it to you but you'd have to understand economics and politics.

And we both know you have no acumen in either.

Maybe Obama should have a beer summit with Putin?

Good idea since a beer summit is the pinnacle of his expertise.

I'm sure Putin is LHAO at Barry Boy. Hell. I'm laughing my ass off at Barry Boy and his attempt to be a grown up POTUS dealing with foreign issues.

Yep. Beer summit sound like a grand idea.

Mayby you should drop an e-mail to DC. Someone in his incompetant administration might think its a great idea. LOL

Forum List

Back