Obama claims he will ratchet up against Putin

The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.
Obama: "Dear Mr. Boyko. I am sorry to inform you and your lovely family that there is no room available for you to move to these wonderful United States at this time. Had I known about you a couple of years ago I would not have given your place to the Morales family. Yes I am aware that they snuck into the country illegally but what are you going to do right? The Morales's are more likely to vote Dem. than you all would be anyway right?"

What people seem not to get is other dictators and hard line regimes around the world are watching this and taking a cue on what they can get away with based on our response or lack of one.

That most people don't get that doesnt bother me terribly. What does bother me is that Obama obviously does not get it.
He seems not to understand that when he allowed Putin to pwn him over the missiles in Poland and Czech Republic he sent a message of weakness. Or when he allowed Putin to pwn him in Syria he sent a message. Or when he declared there was a red line. And then declared he didnt say anything of the sort, he sent a message.
And Putin, being ex KGB, is excellent at reading other people's messages. And the Iranians, the Chinese, the North Koreans, al Qaeda, etc all understand exactly what they're dealing with in Obama. And they will achieve their goals as well.

The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.

Obama is doing the exact right thing.

Economic sanctions will eventually cripple Russia.

Putin's on a fool errand.

The world is not going to allow a re-constituted Soviet Union.

images

You still believe, huh?

Must be nice to be that stupid. Like a 4 year old. Everything in shades of pink and blue. The world is filled with benign and happy bunnies and people who wish the world well.

stupidity on display

What people seem not to get is other dictators and hard line regimes around the world are watching this and taking a cue on what they can get away with based on our response or lack of one.

That most people don't get that doesnt bother me terribly. What does bother me is that Obama obviously does not get it.
He seems not to understand that when he allowed Putin to pwn him over the missiles in Poland and Czech Republic he sent a message of weakness. Or when he allowed Putin to pwn him in Syria he sent a message. Or when he declared there was a red line. And then declared he didnt say anything of the sort, he sent a message.
And Putin, being ex KGB, is excellent at reading other people's messages. And the Iranians, the Chinese, the North Koreans, al Qaeda, etc all understand exactly what they're dealing with in Obama. And they will achieve their goals as well.

Putin didn't pwn the liar in chief over the Missiles.

the liar in chief voluntarily, without being asked, without provocation or discussion gave them up.

Why? We can only speculate. I think it was to show a juvenile kind of Good Faith. A sort of 'bona fides'

Also, it was a way to show the world that he, the lying cocksucker in chief, was establishing a new standard for the US. That we would no longer be the toughest guys on the block. That we would be easier to deal with.

This is what happens when you let cowards elect another coward to the White House.

Putin is dangerous, people. More so than you can imagine.

His economic policies have failed miserably, the Ruble was on the ropes and about to go down for the count BEFORE Crimea and the only people getting richer were/are the few people in the Russian Oligarchy (think elitist dimocrap scum here).

If he can start a War with the US or Europe, he can make his people forget about their own miseries and concentrate on patriotism.

Russians are very Patriotic when it comes to the Rodina.

People who are poor, people who are fed a load of shit every day (again, think dimocrap scum) invariably have an inferiority complex (think dimocrap scum) coupled with misplaced hatred for those who they think (falsely) have kept them down (think dimocrap scum) and obsess on it to the point of not caring anymore about lifting themselves up as much as taking those they hate (us) down.

Same exact mindset as dimocrap scum.

Incompetent, stupid, propagandized, violent and most importantly... Poorly led.

They'd do it here but they're scared shitless of Patriotic Americans. We'd clean their clocks for them and they know it.

In Russia? Decent people but they've been lied to and kept down for so long, they don't even know how to think for themselves anymore (think dimocrap scum, here)

Putin is dangerous.

VERY dangerous.

Especially with a cowardly, gutless scumbag like obama in office.

Sure, he's good at killing people when they aren't looking. At sending drones after them and hitting them when they can't defend themselves.

Which, most people think is a cowardly act (because it is).

He's good at that.

But when faced by a real man? When faced by a man who isn't afraid, who can't be sneaked on, who isn't cowering fear behind women, who will look him the eye and spit in his face?

obama is a coward. An effeminate coward

Which is why dimocraps identify with him

Uh,......yeah, sure. Lol!

Problem is Putin knows the US will do nothing and he is not afraid.

http://news.yahoo.com/threats-did-not-sway-putin-now-us-tries-033302246.html

We will see if Europe stands by the treaty they signed with the Ukraine or resorts to paper tiger.

Your solution is to put boots on the ground..you are dangerous. Go away

Where did he say that?

Please point out where he said that.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where he wanted boots on the ground.

You know, some people might start to think you're a liar if you don't back up your shit

The treaty is ineffective.

Just who would that treaty be with? Not the elected government. The EU got rid of them. Not the EU installed puppet rejected by half of Ukraine. Crimea has voted itself out of Ukraine. That's what happens in a civil war. Treaties tend to be with governments that no longer exist.

You are an idiot. The Ukraine has a legit Government. You would ruin our standing all over the world because you are to stupid to grasp binding treaties must be honored.

Exactly what message does Obama send to China? You remember them right? They want Taiwan and the pacific ocean for hundreds of miles off their border. Our refusal to honor THIS treaty tells China Obama is a weak sister and won't do shit if they attack Taiwan or the other Nations about disputed Islands in the Pacific.

It tells our allies our treaties are worthless. That we can not be counted on and they are on their own.

IT WILL lead to war.
If an illegal US-sponsored coup brought the current regime in Kiev to power, is it a legitimate government?

"Under the control and in the presence of US diplomats, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine carried out a coup d’état, on 22 and 23 February 2014.

"The Parliament first took note of the forced resignation of its president and appointed the former head of the Ukraine Security Service, Oleksandr Turchynov, in his place.

"Then, 328 MPs out of 450 repealed the Constitution, substituting it with that of 2004 [1], that is to say without a referendum and in an emergency situation, thereby contravening Articles 156 and 157 of the Constitution.

"In the process, the MPs deposed the president of the republic..."

Aren't we getting the cart before the horse when we talk about "treaty obligations" with an illegitimate government in Ukraine?

Pro-US coup in Ukraine

obama believes he has an ace. Tatar muslims. The natural allies that obama has used so far. If he can instigate armed jihad he has a chance. Turn Crimea into Chechnya and Ukraine into Syria.

obama believes he has an ace. Tatar muslims. The natural allies that obama has used so far. If he can instigate armed jihad he has a chance. Turn Crimea into Chechnya and Ukraine into Syria.

Putin will exterminate them to the last man, woman and child.

Look at what he's done in Chechnya. Half of them are dead.

The Russians don't play.

Remember the rash of kidnappings back in the early 70's, late 60's?

Some ragheads made the mistake of kidnapping a Russian Diplomat and the Russians told them, politely, that they needed to release their diplomat -- Soon.

Of course, the ragheads ignored them.

Within a couple days, there were family members of the guilty group found outside their headquarters, dead, mutilated and hanging upside down from trees and lamp posts.

Still nothing. A couple more days went by and family members of the kidnappers' group started disappearing.

Nothing. Within another couple days, THEY started showing up dead and mutilated.

Then the Russians started killing ANYBODY even remotely connected, or suspected of being connected, to the kidnapping group.

The Russian diplomat was released and no raghead group has really fucked with them since.

The Russians don't play. They'll kill every goddamned one of them if they have to. Men, women, children, dogs, cats..... All of them

And I ain't kidding. They seriously will.

And oh, don't kid yourselves about Afghanistan. The only reason they left there is because the USSR was falling apart, thanks to Ronald Reagan

you mean like they have stopped iran, or N korea, or stopped iraq before? Putin won this round before obama even sprung into action. this battle is over. obama needs to start focusing on the next step instead of following putins trail of bread crumbs around

Your solution is to put boots on the ground..you are dangerous. Go away

Where did he say that?

Please point out where he said that.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where he wanted boots on the ground.

You know, some people might start to think you're a liar if you don't back up your shit

I said it in another thread. I strongly believe we need to send the strongest message possible. Send the 82nd to Ukraine followed by more troops as time permits. make Russia blink.

Forum List

Back