Obama calls for cops to wear body cameras

Good News/Bad News for both. But it levels the playing field a bit. Probably a good idea overall.

Last edited:
One day this will happen -

Criminal: Oh my god why are all ten of you pointing your guns at me!!
Cop: Dude, it's just me, and I'm picking a flower.

Didn't read all the comments but it will help to determine who is telling the truth. Not that the truth will matter to the thugs who are looking for an excuse to loot and burn.

The only reason the leftist hysterics are demanding cops wear body cameras, is so they can point to tapes of hordes of cops assaulting, beating, and shooting black people.

But when those cameras start showing almost a solid litany of criminal thugs, rapists, and thieves who turn out to be black, with cops responding to them with as much restraint and civility as the criminals' behavior can merit (and far more than criminals deserve), you can bet the calls for cameras will change VERY quickly to cries of outrage at how unfair it is for cops to wear body cameras.

Republicans will probably get blamed.

The only reason the leftist hysterics are demanding cops wear body cameras, is so they can point to tapes of hordes of cops assaulting, beating, and shooting black people.

But when those cameras start showing almost a solid litany of criminal thugs, rapists, and thieves who turn out to be black, with cops responding to them with as much restraint and civility as the criminals' behavior can merit (and far more than criminals deserve), you can bet the calls for cameras will change VERY quickly to cries of outrage at how unfair it is for cops to wear body cameras.

Republicans will probably get blamed.
One of the core reasons that cameras are needed is not just to find those cops abusing their powers but ALSO to clear those cops that have been accused wrongly of doing so.

EVERYONE should be for this.

One of the core reasons that cameras are needed is not just to find those cops abusing their powers but ALSO to clear those cops that have been accused wrongly of doing so.

I'm not convinced. I feel like we're just looking for quick and simple solutions to larger and more complex problems. It won't take long before both sides of the coin learn how to play to the camera.

I fully agree.

Which is why, as soon as liberals find the cameras are NOT showing what their propaganda claims is happening, they will turn against those cameras in an instant.

And they will start making up the silliest excuses you ever heard, for why the newly-mandated cameras should now be shut down.

"They're not fair!"
"The pictures are obviously doctored!"
"They're invading our privacy!"
"Republicans aren't using the pictures for the right things!"

And on and on.

I'm not convinced. I feel like we're just looking for quick and simple solutions to larger and more complex problems. It won't take long before both sides of the coin learn how to play to the camera.
It is not an end all and if that is what you are hoping for (a complete solution) then you are never going to fix anything. You know - like Obamacare.... :eusa_angel:

Real solutions are found in smaller steps that bring you to the eventual goal. I don't really see both sides working the cameras - the cops will CLEARLY have the advantage there - knowing exactly what they must do in order to walk that line. HOWEVER, this can have a massive effect because there will be documented evidence of cops abusing their power. That alone will discourage most blatant abuses of power. It also takes a lot of the questioning out of incidents like Ferguson. If there were documented evidence, a LOT of the questions that lead to all the asshattery would have been answered out the gate. Questions that should have been crystal clear.

There would have been none of this 'shot while surrendering' and why he was stopped and the altercation that followed would have been a lot more clear instead of people still thinking this cop simply went hunting to kill an innocent black kid. Sure, there will always be the naysayers that always want to blame the cops and lackeys that think the cops are always justified but FACTS will prevail in the end and it is facts that we are sorely missing. Just look at the recent shooting of the kid at the playground with a fake weapon. We may never know what actually happened because all we have to go on is the officers account and a piss poor security camera that caught virtually nothing discernible. I am willing to be the cop is exonerated in that case and I don't really think that there is enough evidence to say what happened either way. THAT is disheartening in the extreme to think that justice really cant be served properly (weather it is to exonerate the cop or condemn him).

Forum List

Back