Obama calls first 100 days tense but fruitful

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
ARNOLD, Mo. — Marking his symbolic 100th day in office, President Barack Obama told Midwesterners: "I'm pleased with the progress we've made but I'm not satisfied."

"I'm confident with the future but I'm not content with the present," the president added at a town-hall style event in a St. Louis suburb.

Later, Obama was heading back to the capital to press that same message to the rest of the country during a prime time news conference.
Even as it downplayed the significance of the milestone, White House staged the two high-profile events to promote Obama's accomplishments in his first months in office while pressing for his big-ticket agenda.

"We've begun to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off" and "we're working to remake America," Obama said.

Obama calls first 100 days tense but fruitful | Top AP National Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Who asked him to remake American?

ARNOLD, Mo. — Marking his symbolic 100th day in office, President Barack Obama told Midwesterners: "I'm pleased with the progress we've made but I'm not satisfied."

"I'm confident with the future but I'm not content with the present," the president added at a town-hall style event in a St. Louis suburb.

Later, Obama was heading back to the capital to press that same message to the rest of the country during a prime time news conference.
Even as it downplayed the significance of the milestone, White House staged the two high-profile events to promote Obama's accomplishments in his first months in office while pressing for his big-ticket agenda.

"We've begun to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off" and "we're working to remake America," Obama said.

Obama calls first 100 days tense but fruitful | Top AP National Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I feel a lot better now that he is on the job. I still haven't received my mortgage check or my gas card yet though...

Fruitful for him spending on pet projects? Yep
Fruitful for him grabbing for more governmental power? Yep
Fruitful for him expanding the size of government? Yep
Fruitful for gaining governmental tendrils into private companies? Yep
That's the remake he is wanting and getting....

Fruitful on actually accomplishing something worthwhile, getting spending under control, addressing actual problems that government SHOULD be involved in? Nope

Jeez and after all the bitching I've been reading about how Obama is just like Bush I'd think folks would be thrilled to find out his going to remake America.

Jeez and after all the bitching I've been reading about how Obama is just like Bush I'd think folks would be thrilled to find out his going to remake America.

Yeah, I thought I saw a resemblance between them. Especially when Bush approved that bailout bill that BO voted for.

Attachments

• $Bushama.gif
    $Bushama.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 95

Yeah, I thought I saw a resemblance between them. Especially when Bush approved that bailout bill that BO voted for.

It's hard to believe Bush got elected twice, isn't it.

Forum List

Back