Obama Bypasses Congress AGAIN to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars—Beginning in ’14

I hope my 2009 car lasts a very long time. In the meantime, I am going to learn how to take one of those Big Brother devices out of cars.

Anyone here have a cell phone? If so then STFU, you are already trackable.

I know. That's why I remove the battery from my phone quite often.

And, no....I have no intention of shutting the fuck up, although authoritarians like you sure would like me to do so. :thup:

Big Brother is watching your every move.

Indeed.

Here's the really bad news:

NHTSA estimates that approximately 96 percent of model year 2013 passenger cars and light-duty vehicles are already equipped with EDR capability.

U.S. DOT Proposes Broader Use of Event Data Recorders to Help Improve Vehicle Safety | Department of Transportation

It's already a done deal, kids.

I was reading an article the other day about the rising demand for older cars...much older ones. People don't like being tracked under the guise of it's for your own protection.

In the Obama regime, why do we even have a congress ? He does whatever he wants, Is the Country afraid of this man ? Why cannot this man be stopped ?

Last edited:
More from the "Hack Who Is Back" .:eusa_eh:

Why is this an issue in the first place? Information gathered from these "black boxes" can make automobiles safer in the future.
More Likely:

1. A Traffic Ticket automatically issued when you are speeding.
2. That info can THEN be sent to your Insurance Agency.

EDR's do not transmit information. They are magnetic storage media which contain information which must be downloaded, much like any other computer. It would obviously require a warrant to search your car for this information.

And, no....I have no intention of shutting the fuck up, although authoritarians like you sure would like me to do so. :thup:

If you fear "big brother" then they have already won, they already have all the leverage they need to subdue you, live your life courageously in spite of them. I know about all this stuff and yet it does not affect the way I live my life one bit. I am pretty sure that gigs of data exists here and there on my activities but I do not have such an inflated sense of worth that I think anyone is the least bit interested.

If you fear "big brother" then they have already won, they already have all the leverage they need to subdue you, live your life courageously in spite of them. I know about all this stuff and yet it does not affect the way I live my life one bit. I am pretty sure that gigs of data exists here and there on my activities but I do not have such an inflated sense of worth that I think anyone is the least bit interested.

Until they knock at your door....:cool:

Who is "they" and what am I supposed to be doing that warrants a visit from "them"?

This from a President that was supposed to bring us together and to get Congress to work.
Something as simple as car "safety" he has to try an end around. Someone this week
had a thread about Obama being a statesman...... His action here proves he is no statesman
in fact it proves the he is also a lousy politician.

Who is "they" and what am I supposed to be doing that warrants a visit from "them"?

Ask "them" when "they" get there, smart aleck. :cool:

Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars—Beginning in ’14​

By: Pete Winn
December 13, 2012

Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of “black boxes” in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) proposed the regulation on Dec. 7, which it said “would capture valuable safety-related data in the seconds before and during a motor vehicle crash.”

The proposed standard would require automakers to install event data recorders (EDRs)—so-called “black box devices”—to collect specific safety-related data in all light passenger vehicles beginning Sept. 1, 2014.

There must be legislation that allows these sorts of mandates or someone would be suing in the USSC, right? If the president has so-called dictatorial powers, it's because Congress OK'd it.

I'm glad SOMEONE is doing something in Washington. Congress hasn't accomplished anything in nearly 2 years....

big-brother-obama.jpg

Ask "them" when "they" get there, smart aleck. :cool:

It is an important question if people think I should be scared, an accurate threat assessment starts with who the enemy is, what is their goal and their capabilities. I do not waste time with phantom fears and shadowy unfathomable conspiracies. We are already surrounded by plenty of real threats to freedom and prosperity without clouding the issue.

Forum List

Back