Obama bus tour in full swing * and we're paying for it *

You think that's going to help your case??? I'm sure Ali is thrilled!!! I know I would be. You're a pompous ass. Nobody cares about your ignore list or whether or not they are on it. Get over yourself and grow up.

Aww, another lib throws a tantrum. You obviously cared enough to comment. Now had you kept your thoughts about my ignore list to yourself you wouldn't look so foolish.

Do you haters ever stop playing games?? Just because someone makes a comment does not mean they are throwing a tantrum or that they care about what you said. Are you trying to appear intelligent or demonstrate that you are a deep thinker??? Forget it. You're such a hot dog.
Do you shit in your bed, too?

You just shit over everything here, so I'm wondering.

Don't post your sniveling in a public forum if you don't want people responding to it.
Haven't you got better things to whine about, than the President having a bus?

Makes you look like a crybaby.

The point is not the bus. But I wouldnt want to interfere with your fit....... PROCEED.

Do you seriously think that if Obama was violating campaign financing laws the the GOP would just sit on their hands and ignore it?

Yeah, apparently. That's EXACTLY what they think.

Just like they think that both the D's, the R's, and the free press both international and domestic, blew past him "not being born here."

Pray do tell the last time Washington screwed up like this and paid the bill without involving the people? I slept through that once in a lifetime event.

The truth generations of Americans will be paying off this monstrous debt because there simply is no one else who will. Everyone knew Obama was inheriting one God-awful mess upon taking office. And there is no doubt some of his actions and positions worsened it. But the financial meltdown didn't start with Obama and it will certainly not suddenly disappear with him.

And what is this obsession anyway with blaming anyone with whom you do share political beliefs, whether or not they can be faulted?

But if blame is your pin the tail on the donkey game may I suggest the perfect target - Congress - member by member. Dysfunctional best describes their collective performance over the last 12 or more years and out-of-touch with reality defines their approach to resolving the crisis facing us.

So if blame is an absolute and must be placed on someone or somewhere, move it in with Congress. They deserve nothing more and a whole lot less.

Have you not been listening? The DAY Michele Bachmann takes office, this whole mess will be a past-tense nightmare.

Bachmann claims improving economy ‘won’t take that long’ | St. Cloud TIMES | sctimes.com

NEWTON, Iowa — Michele Bachmann declared Friday “it won’t take that long” for her to start turning the ailing economy around as president as she competed against other GOP presidential rivals to build support ahead of a key GOP straw poll in Iowa next week.

Bachmann told reporters after a campaign event in Newton that the economy would start to improve almost immediately after she becomes president because she would immediately implement conservative economic policies to slash the nation’s debt, rule out tax increases and cut regulations.

“It won’t take that long if we send signals to the marketplace,” she said, standing by an earlier comment that the improvement would begin within the first quarter.

I SO can't wait. :clap2:

I'm sure this has already been covered, but...

This not a campaign trip.

Though I'm not sure who makes that determination. I'm certain that a very strong argument could (and probably will be) made to the contrary. I have mixed feelings about the trip myself. On the one hand, a president should be able to get out among the people he represents, take the pulse of the nation first hand, so to speak. On the other hand, when does campaigning begin? It seems to me that now would be about the right time. I say that only because of the current state of the nation. If things were going better I would anticipate a later start for a sitting president...

Just my opinion, I don't know. Overall, this trip and the expense doesn't bother me. Might as well complain about his taking a vacation or playing golf...
Right. It's a Look-at-the-shovel-ready-*snicker, snicker*-jobs-that-aren't-there trip.

But, it sure is a slick way to force the unwilling to donate to the campaign of the Hope and Change/Mr. Transparency president.

I don't disagree with you, Si, I'm just saying there's not much anyone can do about it. It's basically their word against ours. Perhaps they should establish a date for determining when the election\campaigning season begins. Say Labor Day before the next election? Anything after that is on the candidate? Personally, I would consider this trip a campaign swing, it's hard to see it as anything but.

It is not a matter of date but rather a matter of location. If you are going on an ‘official’ tour of the country to get the word out you would tour the country NOT key reelection locations. THAT is what makes this bullshit. If he decides to go to liberal bastions that are not up for grabs like CA I will not be upset over the trip. If he conveniently chooses locations that just happen to be battlegrounds then he should be fried for misuse of public funds. It’s not as if he doesn’t have enough to campaign on after all.

The point is not the bus. But I wouldnt want to interfere with your fit....... PROCEED.

Do you seriously think that if Obama was violating campaign financing laws the the GOP would just sit on their hands and ignore it?

Just like they think that both the D's, the R's, and the free press both international and domestic, blew past him "not being born here."

Actually, they think there is nothing that can be done because what is obvious to people willing to think is not so for a court. There are people in government consistently ‘bending’ the rules to get what they want but are not technically breaking any laws. This is a good example. What he is doing is wrong, immoral and bullshit but not technically illegal only because he called the tour official.

Aww, another lib throws a tantrum. You obviously cared enough to comment. Now had you kept your thoughts about my ignore list to yourself you wouldn't look so foolish.

Do you haters ever stop playing games?? Just because someone makes a comment does not mean they are throwing a tantrum or that they care about what you said. Are you trying to appear intelligent or demonstrate that you are a deep thinker??? Forget it. You're such a hot dog.
Do you shit in your bed, too?

You just shit over everything here, so I'm wondering.

Talk sense or shut up, why don't you??? Classless cow.

Yeah, well, your local Congressman can also send you mail on your dime.

Welcome to Elected Officials Land.

Which is why I always laugh when people start talking about campaign finance reform. The only reform incumbents care about is stuff that will keep them in office, which is why they never go after things like Obama's bus trip, or that mailing privilege, which is what would make a real difference. If politicians had to spend their own money to tout their successes I might support restricting the amount that people who run against them can spend.

It's like watching Bush all over again and no I'm not talking about policy alone. Obama just like Bush is at a point where he just can't get a break. There are two options in front of Obama and he seems to always take the option that leaves most of the country standing there with their jaws dropped...

From wars to expanding or extending Bush era policies

To starting new wars and shit talking nations into possible future conflicts

To suing states for trying to deal with a huge illegal immigration problem while Obama turns around and does nothing to solve the problem

Next the debt ceiling issue where Obama would not let anything move except the worst budget in us history ending with our credit being downgraded...

Now he is on tour for 2012 on the tax payers dime...

There is a lot more in there and I was not even really just aiming for the *most* important let downs just some of them. LOL he said combat missions in Iraq were over and yet 45k troops are there still dying and killing people. "Mission accomplished" anyone?

"Opinions?"

You apparently don't understand the seriousness of the issues.

Actually, they think there is nothing that can be done because what is obvious to people willing to think is not so for a court. There are people in government consistently ‘bending’ the rules to get what they want but are not technically breaking any laws. This is a good example. What he is doing is wrong, immoral and bullshit but not technically illegal only because he called the tour official.

It's not illegal because he "called" it an official tour? It doesn't matter what he calls it. If he's violating campaign finance laws, a complaint should be filed.

It's not illegal because he "called" it an official tour? It doesn't matter what he calls it. If he's violating campaign finance laws, a complaint should be filed.

Yea, kinda like how you could take money out of your kids bank account to buy something for yourself. Its not a crime but its wrong. He said he was going to change the way things work in washington. Seems to me hes only made it worse.

Yea, kinda like how you could take money out of your kids bank account to buy something for yourself. Its not a crime but its wrong. He said he was going to change the way things work in washington. Seems to me hes only made it worse.

Gotcha, you think everything he does is wrong.
Kind of blows your credibility out of the water. Now doesn't it?

Whatever dude. My criticism of this action isn't founded in any kind of hate. I dont want my tax dollars wasted... period. ITS THAT SIMPLE

And even if this wasn't election time wouldn't Obama be better off working with congress to try to help the job situation rather than running around on our tax dollars "talking about it?"

Whatever dude. My criticism of this action isn't founded in any kind of hate. I dont want my tax dollars wasted... period. ITS THAT SIMPLE

And even if this wasn't election time wouldn't Obama be better off working with congress to try to help the job situation rather than running around on our tax dollars "talking about it?"

Congress is in recess.

Congress is in recess.

Yea, and the bus tour hasnt started yet. So whats the point? If Obama personally called several from both sides to come together they could at least try. This trip accomplishes nothing. NOTHING except wasting tax dollars.

Im trying to be reasonable in my position and if thats not apparent then were done with this conversation.

Congress is in recess.

Yea, and the bus tour hasnt started yet. So whats the point? If Obama personally called several from both sides to come together they could at least try. This trip accomplishes nothing. NOTHING except wasting tax dollars.

Im trying to be reasonable in my position and if thats not apparent then were done with this conversation.

It starts next week, while Congress is still on vacation. It's only a week long. Congress will still be on vacation by the time it's over.

Last edited:
Congress is in recess.

It starts next week, while Congress is still on vacation. It's only a week long. Congress will still be on vacation by the time it's over.

And the money will have STILL BEEN WASTED

I JUST LOST MY JOB BUT IM GONNA GO BUY A NEW CAR TOMORROW OBAMA

*rolls eyes*...you're the one that brought up him holding meetings with Congress INSTEAD OF GOING ON THE BUS TOUR. Let the people that he's visiting to give reassurance, that he's going to continue to represent their interest, decide that the money has been wasted. Let those he's giving a face to face to tell him what direction to take this country in decide.

*rolls eyes*...you're the one that brought up him holding meetings with Congress INSTEAD OF GOING ON THE BUS TOUR. Let the people that he's visiting to give reassurance, that he's going to continue to represent their interest, decide that the money has been wasted. Let those he's giving a face to face to tell him what direction to take this country in decide.

Represent who? lol

They did tell him in November and he didnt listen.

Forum List

Back