Obama Blocks The Biggest Shovel-Ready Project Ever

You don't have a clue about economy. Crap I was only in rock and roll but I fucking get it.

When one builds the expansion to the pipeline, more jobs are created by the very virtue of the other individuals who have to service the workers.

It's simple. Workers on a major project roll in. Every one of them needs a coffee/KFC bucket/toilet paper/pizza.

And every time you post I will post back letting you know we are your number one supplier already.

For heaven's sake RDean please stop lying. This is getting tedious.

And the Keystone extension isn't going to cost any American taxpayer a dime.

It's a complete win win.
And you forgot to mention all the jobs cleaning up all the oil spills from Trans Canada contracting with Welspun for shit steel for the project!

Worries over defective steel force TransCanada to check oil pipeline

The government ordered the inspections after problems with substandard steel surfaced in several other projects. An investigation revealed that several pipelines built during a construction boom from 2007 to 2009 contained significant amounts of defective pipe that stretched under pressure. Investigators traced the problems to defective steel produced by several mills, but mostly by Welspun Power and Steel, a manufacturer based in India.
Almost half of the steel in the 30-inch Keystone pipeline came from Welspun and was manufactured about the same time the company provided defective steel on several other pipeline projects. As a result, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, the agency charged with oversight of the nation's 2.1 million miles of pipeline, ordered more tests, including on Keystone.
Those recently completed tests identified 47 anomalies where the Keystone pipeline may have expanded beyond agency-stipulated limits.

Keystone oil pipeline shut down after leak
Operators temporarily shut down the new $5.2 billion Keystone oil pipeline that runs through the St. Louis area after a large leak was reported in North Dakota.
Witnesses on Saturday morning reported seeing a six-story geyser of oil gushing from a pump station in Sargent County in the southeastern part of the state.
Officials with TransCanada, the pipeline's owner, blamed a bad fitting and shut down the line until all such fittings could be examined. They expect the system to be down a few more days.
Company officials estimated about 21,000 gallons leaked. A berm around the station contained most of the spill. Some contaminated soil is being removed.

You are insane and only bazooka barfing talking points.
If cleaning up oil spills is not a shovel ready job, then nothing is! The Keystone pipeline that is built already has had over 30 spills in its first year. Think about how many jobs that means! Just think, if Trans Canada had contracted with a company that didn't produce substandard steel, think of all the clean-up jobs that would be lost. Quality steel has a record of only 1 leek every 19 years!

The faster we can get the pipeline built, the faster we can get American money into foreign hands.

It should take all of two years or less to build. It's only a big pipe. Not "rocket science" (except to Republicans).

Then we will be left with 50 to 100 full time new jobs. It's called "maintenance". And this is how Republicans plan on rebuilding America. 50 jobs at a time. Talk about thinking "small".
You really think it only takes a hundred people to operate a pipeline?

You don't think at all.

It's not about what I think. It's about what is true.

The 800 mile Alaska pipeline has only 6 pumping stations working with 10 to 25 people at each station.

What is it exactly you think they do that's so complicated? It's a pipe only 48 inches in diameter. The Keystone will be a mere 36". But it's just a "pipe". That's it. A "pipe".

It wasn't quite 3 years ago that Obama approved another Canada to U.S. pipeline - the Alberta Clipper. The State Department crowed about the jobs it would create. Hillary Clinton was on board, praising its construction.

This all makes no sense. The guy's an idiot.

Didn't we also loan money to Brazil to drill for oil? I'm thinking Soros was involved. I recall Obama saying something about how we'll be their best customers? And we praised Mexico for drilling off the coast after the liberals had a fit when we wanted to. Yea, let everyone else drill and we'll just keep paying high prices and forever depend on them.

Speaking of shovels, I find it handy to have one whenever Obama gives a speech. Shit sure piles up fast.

If you're asking, the answer is no. Unless you have something that proves otherwise, which clearly you don't.

You aren't very good at "talking points" if you have the ask to see if you got them right.

It wasn't quite 3 years ago that Obama approved another Canada to U.S. pipeline - the Alberta Clipper. The State Department crowed about the jobs it would create. Hillary Clinton was on board, praising its construction.

This all makes no sense. The guy's an idiot.

Didn't we also loan money to Brazil to drill for oil? I'm thinking Soros was involved. I recall Obama saying something about how we'll be their best customers? And we praised Mexico for drilling off the coast after the liberals had a fit when we wanted to. Yea, let everyone else drill and we'll just keep paying high prices and forever depend on them.

Speaking of shovels, I find it handy to have one whenever Obama gives a speech. Shit sure piles up fast.

If you're asking, the answer is no. Unless you have something that proves otherwise, which clearly you don't.

You aren't very good at "talking points" if you have the ask to see if you got them right.

^^This is where deany admits this is ALL he has...Nice projection deanybub...partisan hack.

You guys made me go look up the plans. I'm going to put out the facts but I'm not going to add any links because none of you did. Try to prove me wrong. Right wingers are always insisting I'm wrong, but can't say how.

I was making the comparison to the oil pipeline in Alaska which took two years to build. Just two years. And that's it. And that was 40 years ago. Liberal scientists have improved things since then.

The Alaska pipeline is 800 miles long with a diameter of 48". Much of it was built in weather that was 60 below zero and it still only took two years.

Now the Keystone is 2,000 miles. But it's only 36". Much smaller. Plus the weather is not so bad.

Now get this. For the Keystone pipeline, the plan is to also use EXISTING Natural Gas pipelines. Where ever they used existing pipelines, they don't need to build more.

The Alaska pipeline has 6 pump stations currently operational with 10 to 25 employees at each station. Number of stations at max throughput. A measly 11.

When finished, the Keystone pipeline will provide America with 5% of oil consumption.

And this is the project that's going to make millions of jobs? Republicans already made many more using Obama's "failed" stimulus money.

OK, now prove me wrong. :popcorn:

LOL I always laugh at you having to lie to rant. You wouldnt understand a fact if it hit you upside of the head.

Were all the shovel-ready projects Obama used to sell us the stimulus completely approved?

The ones Republicans took credit for apparently were.

Google

Oops.
Obama Jokes at Jobs Council: 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - Politics - Fox Nation
President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council's recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ... I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.

The Obama administration promised the Recovery Act ("the stimulus") would prevent the jobless rate from going over 8%. It now stands at 9.1%.
Obama played you. He counted on your stupidity, and you didn't let him down.

But don't you dare criticize The Lightbringer. You'll burst into flame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTRHkRqIjs4]Krauthammer Slams Obama For Shovel Ready Admission - YouTube[/ame]

More stupid Pub mythology for the brainwashed haters...Rush/Fox/Savage/Koch/Heritage/Moonie circle jerk for the dupes....Could we do an environmental survey on the new route, at least? LOL

You guys made me go look up the plans. I'm going to put out the facts but I'm not going to add any links because none of you did. Try to prove me wrong. Right wingers are always insisting I'm wrong, but can't say how.

I was making the comparison to the oil pipeline in Alaska which took two years to build. Just two years. And that's it. And that was 40 years ago. Liberal scientists have improved things since then.

The Alaska pipeline is 800 miles long with a diameter of 48". Much of it was built in weather that was 60 below zero and it still only took two years.

Now the Keystone is 2,000 miles. But it's only 36". Much smaller. Plus the weather is not so bad.

Now get this. For the Keystone pipeline, the plan is to also use EXISTING Natural Gas pipelines. Where ever they used existing pipelines, they don't need to build more.

The Alaska pipeline has 6 pump stations currently operational with 10 to 25 employees at each station. Number of stations at max throughput. A measly 11.

When finished, the Keystone pipeline will provide America with 5% of oil consumption.

And this is the project that's going to make millions of jobs? Republicans already made many more using Obama's "failed" stimulus money.

please link to a post where this was claimed.

Still waiting for you to link to a post where someone claimed millions of jobs, Dean.

Can you???

I heard Rush and Anne say 200K. The company said 20k, and a lot of those temporary- the whole thing sounds like a Con(servative) job, including the Canuck ones.

. Selling those jets to Saudi is supposed to produce 50k.

More stupid Pub mythology for the brainwashed haters...Rush/Fox/Savage/Koch/Heritage/Moonie circle jerk for the dupes....Could we do an environmental survey on the new route, at least? LOL

The jobs will still be there once the environmental study is done

Are you buying??? :D

please link to a post where this was claimed.

Still waiting for you to link to a post where someone claimed millions of jobs, Dean.

Can you???

I thought not.

Let's just chalk this up as another failure for Deenie-do, shall we?

As I've stated before, the aquifer under Nebraska has been polluted by agriculture for decades now.

After 150 years, hundreds of thousands of drilled wells, and billions of barrels transported- considering the sheer numbers- it all comes down to petrophobia.

The petroleum industry has a far better track record than does agriculture.

As I've stated before, the aquifer under Nebraska has been polluted by agriculture for decades now.

After 150 years, hundreds of thousands of drilled wells, and billions of barrels transported- considering the sheer numbers- it all comes down to petrophobia.

The petroleum industry has a far better track record than does agriculture.

Having lived on an aquifer surrounded by "intensive" hog farms I can truly speak to the damage just one renegade farmer can do.

I have great respect for farmers And 99.9999999% are "good guys". But all you need is one rogue.

This one in particular facing just minimal fines literally didn't give a damn on how and when he sprayed. And when surrounding neighbours confronted him on how he was spraying waste aka rancid hog shit, he basically said he'd bought his retirement home in another country and he didn't literally give a shit.

Forum List

Back