Obama Blocks The Biggest Shovel-Ready Project Ever

I wonder how many of the liberals on the board realize that human waste is allowed to be sprayed as well now. And they are screaming and hollering about this pipeline but really don't know what's going on in the real world daily on environmental damage.

And herein lies the difference between enviro whackos who hang out at huff po and true conservationists.

Conservationists really care and we cross all political lines. And we actually put our money and our efforts where our mouths are.

Enviro whackos put their pizza boxes in the paper bin and use a blue box and think they've just done the planet a huge favor :D

Huge Amounts Human Waste Being Sprayed On Farm Land In Ontario

What's continually amazed me in my 35 year career is the endless parade of critics who view the petroleum industry as one having carte blanche with respect to generating "profits at the expense of the environment".

To this day I ask myself - if it's such a supposed gravy train of money without recourse - why aren't there more people involved in this get rich quick without consequence business?

As an example, if you were to come to this state with the intention of drilling a single hole in the ground you had better be ready to deal with what is known as the "Illinois Oil and Gas Act".

Here's the link. Have a good read- it's 198 pages:

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/adrules/documents/62-240.pdf

Once you've digested this, you'll need to come up with the $50,000 to $2,000,000 needed to drill that single hole in the ground, depending on the depth of your objective reservoir.

And this is just the state of Illinois. Every oil and gas producing state in the U.S. has similar regulations. If you are not in compliance every step of the way there are serious repercussions and monetary fines.

Even the smallest of oil and gas companies spend thousands- even hundreds of thousands- year in and year out, merely complying with such regulations. Regardless of the price of oil.

So, to all you armchair "experts"- go fuck yourselves. If you want to walk the walk, try drilling a hole in the ground anywhere in this country. I guarantee you'll be in for an educational experience.

And when it's all said and done- you've got a whopping 12% chance of finding a commodity that you hope and pray is there in a quantity that will guarantee you'll just break even on your efforts.

Last edited:
What's continually amazed me in my 35 year career is the endless parade of critics who view the petroleum industry as one having carte blanche with respect to generating "profits at the expense of the environment".

To this day I ask myself - if it's such a supposed gravy train of money without recourse - why aren't there more people involved in this get rich quick without consequence business?

As an example, if you were to come to this state with the intention of drilling a single hole in the ground you had better be ready to deal with what is known as the "Illinois Oil and Gas Act".

Here's the link. Have a good read- it's 198 pages:

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/adrules/documents/62-240.pdf

Once you've digested this, you'll need to come up with the $50,000 to $2,000,000 needed to drill that single hole in the ground, depending on the depth of your objective reservoir.

And this is just the state of Illinois. Every oil and gas producing state in the U.S. has similar regulations. If you are not in compliance every step of the way there are serious repercussions and monetary fines.

Even the smallest of oil and gas companies spend thousands- even hundreds of thousands- year in and year out, merely complying with such regulations. Regardless of the price of oil.

So, to all you armchair "experts"- go fuck yourselves. If you want to walk the walk, try drilling a hole in the ground anywhere in this country. I guarantee you'll be in for an educational experience.

And when it's all said and done- you've got a whopping 12% chance of finding a commodity that you hope and pray is there in a quantity that will guarantee you'll just break even on your efforts.

I think truly sometimes we are talking to babies who really just don't know the real world and they are regurgitating sp? their stupid teachers told them. Sorry very tired after dog operation today.

The kids we talk to on the net don't understand real environmental issues because they get this pablum from their idiot teachers and the media.

Fox Claims Keystone XL Pipeline Could Create Up To One Million Jobs

Bolling: Keystone XL Pipeline "Could Provide Up To A Million New High-Paying Jobs." From the November 2 edition of Fox Business' Follow The Money:

Fox Wildly Inflates The Number Of Jobs Keystone XL Pipeline Might Create | Media Matters for America

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpuJrzGwaHw&feature]Keystone XL Pipeline - FuelingJobs.com - YouTube[/ame]

Keystone people themselves say 340,000

Don't forget the Republicans on this site, such as Dave, who have explained to me that for every oil job there are people making donuts and selling coffee and restaurants and housing and so on.

So yes, it has been said this project could make millions of jobs.

What the fuck is wrong with these right wingers. The fuckers sit in front of the damn Internet. They could look stuff up. The fuckers. What is wrong with them. Don't they know how to use a "search engine"?

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=d4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1742&bih=882

'Shovel-Ready Jobs' that wont cost the Taxpayers? Sounds good. Where do i sign?

Every good project starts off with "investment". I don't understand how Republicans can see prosperity from doing nothing.

Any new job created that doesn't cost the Taxpayers is cool with me. Lets do this now.

I thought not.

Let's just chalk this up as another failure for Deenie-do, shall we?

You're a fool. Go watch Fox Noise Fucktard.

Now dont get BUTT HURT.

Repubs have the same right to use job count rules the dems did with the stim.

Man up wussie

Don't you just love debating with individuals who have no debating skills. :badgrin: this thread is perfectly showing how our youth (not a blanket statement because I know there is a whole batch of superb and brilliant young gun conservatives out there).

First clue you get is when you see the post "turn the channel because you have fox news cooties".:D

franco who tells us all he has two masters degrees comes to mind.:eusa_whistle:

Lord help us. I just hope in the "end" I'm stuck with one of these little buggers changing my depends and yelling at them to turn up Free Bird because I've dropped my hearing aid somewhere.

Trust me. I will make it my mission to have revenge on the kids.

Last edited:

Bolling: Keystone XL Pipeline "Could Provide Up To A Million New High-Paying Jobs." From the November 2 edition of Fox Business' Follow The Money:

Fox Wildly Inflates The Number Of Jobs Keystone XL Pipeline Might Create | Media Matters for America

Keystone XL Pipeline - FuelingJobs.com - YouTube

Don't forget the Republicans on this site, such as Dave, who have explained to me that for every oil job there are people making donuts and selling coffee and restaurants and housing and so on.

What the fuck is wrong with these right wingers. The fuckers sit in front of the damn Internet. They could look stuff up. The fuckers. What is wrong with them. Don't they know how to use a "search engine"?

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=d4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1742&bih=882
So, Obama doesn't want to create a million jobs.

Thanks for confirming he doesn't want to put Americans to work.

The more people the Statists hold in slavery to the Gubmint? The easier it is to mold them. (By design...been the plan all along).

The faster we can get the pipeline built, the faster we can get American money into foreign hands.

It should take all of two years or less to build. It's only a big pipe. Not "rocket science" (except to Republicans).

Then we will be left with 50 to 100 full time new jobs. It's called "maintenance". And this is how Republicans plan on rebuilding America. 50 jobs at a time. Talk about thinking "small".
You really think it only takes a hundred people to operate a pipeline?

You don't think at all.

It's not about what I think. It's about what is true.
The 800 mile Alaska pipeline has only 6 pumping stations working with 10 to 25 people at each station.

What is it exactly you think they do that's so complicated? It's a pipe only 48 inches in diameter. The Keystone will be a mere 36". But it's just a "pipe". That's it. A "pipe".

Alaska Oil Jobs in Prudhoe Bay and the North Slope Oilfields

"While the majority of the jobs required for the construction of TAPS were construction related, The Alyeska Pipeline Company (the operator of TAPS) still employs close to 2,000 people. As you can see, the jobs created and maintained through the planning and construction of a pipeline in Alaska are many."

dean, for someone who loves to google all things negative about republicans, you could have spent a whole 10 seconds on finding out this information about the Alyeska pipeline.

The more people the Statists hold in slavery to the Gubmint? The easier it is to mold them. (By design...been the plan all along).
Of course. The more people dependent on government, the better for Democrats.

It's an astoundingly short-sighted concept, but party before country. Every time.

Of course. The more people dependent on government, the better for Democrats.

It's an astoundingly short-sighted concept, but party before country. Every time.
And it translates well to the ballot box for the simple minded that are able and allowed to vote. *By design*

You really think it only takes a hundred people to operate a pipeline?

You don't think at all.

The 800 mile Alaska pipeline has only 6 pumping stations working with 10 to 25 people at each station.

What is it exactly you think they do that's so complicated? It's a pipe only 48 inches in diameter. The Keystone will be a mere 36". But it's just a "pipe". That's it. A "pipe".

"While the majority of the jobs required for the construction of TAPS were construction related, The Alyeska Pipeline Company (the operator of TAPS) still employs close to 2,000 people. As you can see, the jobs created and maintained through the planning and construction of a pipeline in Alaska are many."

dean, for someone who loves to google all things negative about republicans, you could have spent a whole 10 seconds on finding out this information about the Alyeska pipeline.

You linked to an "ad". You can't consider that a credible source.

Hilarious. You've Republicans saying no one said it would create a million jobs and you've got Republicans saying it will create a million jobs.

You linked to an "ad". You can't consider that a credible source.
Better than some of the Credible sources YOU have linked Deany.

If *I* were YOU? I'd be careful...

Forum List

Back