Obama authorizes RESERVES to be used in Haiti

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I understand the gesture in us helping Haiti. Even as a Ron Paul supporter I support helping another country with humanitarian aid in a time like this...but using the RESERVES??

That's not a job of the reserve component. Those men and women are supposed to be the last line of defense here on our shores, and to augment the active duty forces during a time of war or national emergency. National emergency meaning, US national emergency.

This is a misuse of the reserves if you ask me. As if it wasn't bad enough that Bush pretty much back door drafted most of them into Iraq, now Obama is bringing them into Haiti in a clear misuse of their purpose.

I'm already certain the comments on this are going to be pretty evenly divided down partisan lines, too.

our own house is falling down around us ..... yet we keep sending money and people and help around the world ....

idiots...........

Our active duty have enough on their plates right now

our own house is falling down around us ..... yet we keep sending money and people and help around the world ....

idiots...........

Yeah, fuck them all! Not like anything would happen if the rest of the world collapsed around us or anything!

:rolleyes:

Guess you would of been against intervention in the Genocides going on in Africa? Or hey, going back about 68-70 years, how about the Holocaust? With your "logical" thinking, should of told the Jews to fuck off. (Though we did in our own special way for quite a bit.)

Last edited:
I understand the gesture in us helping Haiti. Even as a Ron Paul supporter I support helping another country with humanitarian aid in a time like this...but using the RESERVES??

That's not a job of the reserve component. Those men and women are supposed to be the last line of defense here on our shores, and to augment the active duty forces during a time of war or national emergency. National emergency meaning, US national emergency.

This is a misuse of the reserves if you ask me. As if it wasn't bad enough that Bush pretty much back door drafted most of them into Iraq, now Obama is bringing them into Haiti in a clear misuse of their purpose.

I'm already certain the comments on this are going to be pretty evenly divided down partisan lines, too.

I can understand why Obama is doing this. The amount of warlords and gangs down there is preventing aid to getting to the people who need it. Obviously sending some reserves are suppose to combat that.

And I'm just curious Paulie as to what year you're living in? I can understand the use of them in war despite Bush's abuse of that. But the last lines of defense on our shores? Who exactly are you expecting to show up? The British? :eusa_eh:

I get your thinking, but I just think it's a bit..outdated.

Canada will not attack, and Mexico has already effected la reconquista.

But hey, hey, who really gives a shit if a bunch of Haitians die from neglect after Ma nature thumped 'em.....

As for your snotty remark about partisans, well HELL YES, I am part of the party that will help a little, not kick them while they lay in the street bleeding, and I'm proud to be.

Ummm ... his regular forces seem to be tied up.:eusa_whistle:

I understand the gesture in us helping Haiti.

I don't think you do. As most people don't that have been questioning Obama and YES they have been one side of the political isle for the most part. However to put it in perspective let me use Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh's assessment of the President's actions. They criticized the President for responding so rapidly to the quake while waiting three days to respond to the Christmas Day ALMOST-terrorist attack.

Last I checked, which was yesterday some 20 American citizens have been confirmed dead in Haiti, hundreds more are still stuck in Haiti. How many died in the Christmas Day-ALMOST terrorist attack? None.

600,000+ Haitians currently live in the US. Most of them have family that was affected by this quake.

American citizens are still stuck in a disaster area, many still have not been found or accounted for. This situation WARRANTS military and strategic quick action from the president not simply on the "helping Haiti" grounds, which I'm sick of people suggesting, this is about Americans as well.

As for the reserves I'm not sure on the constitutionality of sending abroad, but I am sure that this would not be the first time and probably not the last that this is happened.

But you state in your post the the Reserves ARE our as Americans last line of defense, here to defend us in times of national crisis at home. My question what about national crisis abroad? With all the information abroad being the case, with how many American citizens, whether they be government workers, translators, students, public officials, missionaries, and aid workers, pastors, etc. have been affected by this disaster it begs the question can this disaster be pinned on Haiti, or is this also a national crisis here? i would say so.

Just something to think about.

I understand the gesture in us helping Haiti.

I don't think you do. As most people don't that have been questioning Obama and YES they have been one side of the political isle for the most part. However to put it in perspective let me use Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh's assessment of the President's actions. They criticized the President for responding so rapidly to the quake while waiting three days to respond to the Christmas Day ALMOST-terrorist attack.

Last I checked, which was yesterday some 20 American citizens have been confirmed dead in Haiti, hundreds more are still stuck in Haiti. How many died in the Christmas Day-ALMOST terrorist attack? None.

600,000+ Haitians currently live in the US. Most of them have family that was affected by this quake.

American citizens are still stuck in a disaster area, many still have not been found or accounted for. This situation WARRANTS military and strategic quick action from the president not simply on the "helping Haiti" grounds, which I'm sick of people suggesting, this is about Americans as well.

As for the reserves I'm not sure on the constitutionality of sending abroad, but I am sure that this would not be the first time and probably not the last that this is happened.

But you state in your post the the Reserves ARE our as Americans last line of defense, here to defend us in times of national crisis at home. My question what about national crisis abroad? With all the information abroad being the case, with how many American citizens, whether they be government workers, translators, students, public officials, missionaries, and aid workers, pastors, etc. have been affected by this disaster it begs the question can this disaster be pinned on Haiti, or is this also a national crisis here? i would say so.

Just something to think about.

*yawn* Blah blah blah ....

idiots...........

Yeah, fuck them all! Not like anything would happen if the rest of the world collapsed around us or anything!

Guess you would of been against intervention in the Genocides going on in Africa? Or hey, going back about 68-70 years, how about the Holocaust? With your "logical" thinking, should of told the Jews to fuck off. (Though we did in our own special way for quite a bit.)

why do people make it seem like only jews were targetted during the holocaust?

I can understand why Obama is doing this. The amount of warlords and gangs down there is preventing aid to getting to the people who need it. Obviously sending some reserves are suppose to combat that.

And I'm just curious Paulie as to what year you're living in? I can understand the use of them in war despite Bush's abuse of that. But the last lines of defense on our shores? Who exactly are you expecting to show up? The British? :eusa_eh:

I get your thinking, but I just think it's a bit..outdated.

millions of illegals from the south or more terrorists from the north

idiots...........

STFU.:eusa_eh:

STFU.:eusa_eh:

why? he brought the jews into when they had nothing to do with the thread so I asked him about it

why? he brought the jews into when they had nothing to do with the thread so I asked him about it

If you don't like me applying the illogical thinking that was used to other situations, then don't agree with the illogical thinking.

Sound simple enough? :eusa_eh:

Blah blah ...

Try taking care of our own first, THEN others.

Again, WHO came to our aid after katrina?

You of all people should know I am all for taking care of the people in this country. However, the aid for Haiti at the moment can directly make a vast difference in a matter of days. Without our help, thousands could be dead.

It doesn't matter who didn't come to our aid after Katrina. We're America, and if we're going to show that we're the number one country then this is a good way to do it.

WE are the ones who rebuilt Europe too after World War II. We don't take the easy way out, we do the right thing when it comes to helping people in these situations.

Or least we should.

Forum List

Back