Obama At War With Own General Part II

Generals do not wage war with the military civilian chain of command. Those that do, are rightfully fired.

What is the magic number of times that the POTUS needs to talk to his theater commander? If he talked to him daily, you guys would be harping on him for being too involved. So what is the magic number?

Our local conservative talker was harping about his today. He compared it to the Bush Administration, who apparently had weekly talks with the field commanders. I find it hilarious that the Bush Administration would be held with any regard over either of these conflicts.

But hey, you guys need something to bitch about.

What I would really like to know is, where is the left in asking for an exit strategy in Afghanistan? I dont seem to hear any negative comments coming from the left on Iraq or Afghanistan nowadays. Suddenly, everything is peachy since a Democrat came to office...

Meanwhile, Obama is punting on Afghanistan. Obama said months ago he was working on a strategy for Afghanistan. Where is it? Apparently, in his head "no decision" is better then making "a decision".

Not giving generals what they need will result failing the mission, followed with an excuse "I knew that all along" and "I inherited it..."

that damn Obama!!! doesnt he know that as a president with no military background that he should be micromanaging his generals and telling them how to run the war?

You have been double dipped in DUmb today! Micromanage? Hell he could start by listening!

Generals do not wage war with the military civilian chain of command. Those that do, are rightfully fired.

What is the magic number of times that the POTUS needs to talk to his theater commander? If he talked to him daily, you guys would be harping on him for being too involved. So what is the magic number?

Our local conservative talker was harping about his today. He compared it to the Bush Administration, who apparently had weekly talks with the field commanders. I find it hilarious that the Bush Administration would be held with any regard over either of these conflicts.

But hey, you guys need something to bitch about.

I suggest you actually watch the 60 Minutes interview with the military general in question. The 60 Minutes reporter was incredulous that Obama the general had only touched base ONCE in the last 70 days - and the general's demeanor was one of "Yeah - I know it's hard to believe but that is the sad fact".

Make no mistake, the Obama's hand picked general is now facing down this president to either fish or cut bait - one or the other, but not to allow more American soldiers to die at the hands of an indifferent White House...

I suggest you actually watch the 60 Minutes interview with the military general in question. The 60 Minutes reporter was incredulous that Obama the general had only touched base ONCE in the last 70 days

60 minutes reporters are not military officers. Glad you guys have a new found respect for the "liberal media" though.

- and the general's demeanor was one of "Yeah - I know it's hard to believe but that is the sad fact".

re: bolded portion.

Seriously?

Make no mistake, the Obama's hand picked general is now facing down this president to either fish or cut bait - one or the other, but not to allow more American soldiers to die at the hands of an indifferent White House...

The General works for the CINC. He doesn't issue ultimatums to his boss. Obama doesn't have to "cut bait", McChrystal can resign if the mission has become this FUBAR and he thinks this poorly of Obama.

You guys are making massive inferences.

Again: where is General Petraeus on this matter?

What is the sufficient amount of communication that Obama should have with General McCrystal?

Last edited:
What is the sufficient amount of communication that Obama should have with General McCrystal?[/QUOTE]

You haven't even seen the 60 Minutes interview have you?

No, and I won't get to it tonight, if at all.

Now that that is out of the way, why don't you answer the questions?

So you are attempting to participate in a discussion without even reviewing the applicable material for said discussion??

Does that not make you a simple blind apologist for the president in this matter?

How boring and utterly predictable...

I saw the interview in its entirety. Sinatra's conclusion that the "general's demeanor was one of "Yeah - I know it's hard to believe but that is the sad fact" is absolute falsehood. The general gave no indication that he expected to talk to BHO more than "once" "twice" or "thrice".

Sinatra, you are deliberate deceiver, who cares only about power through any means possible.

So you are attempting to participate in a discussion without even reviewing the applicable material for said discussion??

Does that not make you a simple blind apologist for the president in this matter?

Charles Krauthammer sums up the Obama Afghanistan situation nicely...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTDIBoKVWgE]YouTube - Krauthammer On FNS Hit Obama On Afghanistan[/ame]

Dismissal is easier than actually addressing my points, I suppose.

Especially when your points solely rely on inferences and things you believe to be so.

Sinatra depends on Dr. Charlie for his beliefs, then expects us to accept them as reality. Wow!

Sinatra depends on Dr. Charlie for his beliefs, then expects us to accept them as reality. Wow!

I suppose it would further offend him if I told him I refuse to listen to anymore of the foreign policy verbal diarrhea that spews from Krauthammer's mouth.

It must have something to do with that whole "we will spread democracy and be greeted as liberators" line of bullshit he perpetuated leading up to the Iraq war.

He's been consistently wrong on everything. He has no credibility on this matter IMO.

I suppose it would further offend him if I told him I refuse to listen to anymore of the foreign policy verbal diarrhea that spews from Krauthammer's mouth.

It must have something to do with that whole "we will spread democracy and be greeted as liberators" line of bullshit he perpetuated leading up to the Iraq war.

He's been consistently wrong on everything. He has no credibility on this matter IMO.

:lol::lol:

I suggest you actually watch the 60 Minutes interview with the military general in question. The 60 Minutes reporter was incredulous that Obama the general had only touched base ONCE in the last 70 days

60 minutes reporters are not military officers. Glad you guys have a new found respect for the "liberal media" though.

- and the general's demeanor was one of "Yeah - I know it's hard to believe but that is the sad fact".

re: bolded portion.

Seriously?

The General works for the CINC. He doesn't issue ultimatums to his boss. Obama doesn't have to "cut bait", McChrystal can resign if the mission has become this FUBAR and he thinks this poorly of Obama.

You guys are making massive inferences.

Again: where is General Petraeus on this matter?

What is the sufficient amount of communication that Obama should have with General McCrystal?

Replying to bold letter text: What you said, it gave me an idea that maybe... maybe that is exactly what Obama is aiming at. Mission imposible, we can't win, I knew that all along... I told ya. Even McChrystal think that we can progress, with the right tool.

Surge did work in Iraq. Obama was against it, right?

Ame®icano;1564624 said:
Replying to bold letter text: What you said, it gave me an idea that maybe... maybe that is exactly what Obama is aiming at. Mission imposible, we can't win, I knew that all along... I told ya. Even McChrystal think that we can progress, with the right tool.

Except Obama never said Afghanistan was "unwinnable".

Surge did work in Iraq. Obama was against it, right?

Yes, Obama opposed the surge. I personally think the surge was a political move on the Bush Administration.

Things started to turn around in Iraq when Gates took over.

Imagine what the world would look like if that fuckwit Rumsfeld would have never been in the equation.

:lol::lol:

Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back