Obama At War With Own General Part II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    News report just starting to circulate that President Obama has only spoken to his Afghanistan General once in the past 70 days - a revelation that comes from General McChrystal himself...

___

By Amanda Carpenter on Sept. 28, 2009 into The Back Story

The military general credited with capturing Saddam Hussein and killing the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, says he has spoken with President Obama only once since taking command in Afghanistan.

"I’ve talked to the president, since I’ve been here, once on a VTC [video teleconferece]," Gen. Stanley McChrystal told CBS reporter David Martin in a television interview that aired Sunday.

"You’ve talked to him once in 70 days?" Mr. Martin followed up.

"That is correct," the general replied.

This revelation comes amid the explosive publication of an classified report written by the general that said the war in Afghanistan "will likely result in failure" if more troops are not added next year. Yet, the debate over health care reform continues to dominate Washington’s political discussions.

Former U.S. Ambassador for the United Nations John R. Bolton said this was indicative of Mr. Obama’s misplaced priorities.

U.S. commander in Afghanistan talked with Obama only once - The Back Story - Washington Times

2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    One conversation in the last 70 days as troop deaths skyrocket during that same time period???

WTF????

3. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Inspected by #12

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Maybe Obama will call him from Denmark this weekend... while he's there stumping for the olympics in Chicago.

Busy, busy, busy!!!

4. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

Yeah - what is the deal with that?

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,833
    The only way for McChrystal to get real time with Obama is to get booked on Letterman

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  6. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    The dear leader is too busy spending tax money and voiding the Bill of Rights. He can't worry about the taxpayers' children that are serving in the military, "they knew what they were getting into", was his statement when he wanted our troops to pay for their military injuries after they were discharged. He is not focused on "victory". That leaves that other word: defeat.

7. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

____

Did he really say that? I am gonna need some proof of that - I cannot imagine any politician in this country saying something so cold. I'm not saying you're lying - I just need some proof of it because that would be an astounding thing to have said...

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,833
    "I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur,"

Oopsies! The guy who wants our kids to spend more time in school learning stuff got it WRONG!

It must be like the game Clue.

Obama (first guess): OK, I have Tojo, on the New Jersey surrendering to Patton

9. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    That is what he said.
    What we all have to understand is that this is a man who steadfastly refused to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on the campaign trail, because photograhers would not be allowed to accompany him on the visit. He chose to go to the gym instead. He was more interested in a photo-op then he was in shaking the hands, thanking, talking too, or even offering comfort to those who were wounded serving this great country.
    He's beyond disgusting.

10. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I know of that incident, but not the quote of "they knew what they were getting in to".

I'm gonna need proof of that...