Obama approves of same sex marriage

I have no problem with polygamy. If it is a mutual relationship between consenting adults, it is none of my business

Especially if Obama's Dad practiced it.

Problem is, the left never avoids an chance to throw it in our face when they're talking down the MORMONS.

It is the rights views on Mormons you have to worry about. The left is not going to vote for Romney anyway. It is in the Bible Belt that Romneys Mormonism will come into play

Nice gear shifting there what about obama's fathers many wives?

Homosexuality is now legal in all states and Homosexuals are a protected class against discrimination. The legal precedent of Loving applies to all marriage, not just those you approve of

Again some are using a case that was about race to fit their argument about same sex marriage. When this case was heard homosexual acts were illegal and would not fit in the argument for same sex marriage.

Actually, when the case was heard a black woman marrying a white man was illegal. That is why the case was filed. The legal precedent applies to the right of the state to restrict marriage and carries over. It is up to the courts to decide

Thats right that why this case is moot you need one dealing with same sex

This a common political strategy. Draw attention to a insignificant issue and away from the most significant one. I would have to say the most significant issue is Obama's failed economic theories.

I have no problem with polygamy. If it is a mutual relationship between consenting adults, it is none of my business

Especially if Obama's Dad practiced it.

Problem is, the left never avoids an chance to throw it in our face when they're talking down the MORMONS.

It is the rights views on Mormons you have to worry about. The left is not going to vote for Romney anyway. It is in the Bible Belt that Romneys Mormonism will come into play

Must be cuz he's White. :eusa_whistle:

Now that the king has spoken how long until he smites the GOP and parts the seas so the oppressed gay folk can escape to the promise land?
The question is how long will the homophobes in the GOP continue to believe that denying rights because they feel like it is a popular position?

Unless and until a rational argument against same sex marriage is made, it will be inevitable. But, no such argument exists. The only arguments I've heard involve a deep suspicion and hatred of homosexuals. In America, you can't deny someone their inalienable rights because you hate and fear them. Something tangible has to be presented.

Now that the king has spoken how long until he smites the GOP and parts the seas so the oppressed gay folk can escape to the promise land?
The question is how long will the homophobes in the GOP continue to believe that denying rights because they feel like it is a popular position?

Unless and until a rational argument against same sex marriage is made, it will be inevitable. But, no such argument exists. The only arguments I've heard involve a deep suspicion and hatred of homosexuals. In America, you can't deny someone their inalienable rights because you hate and fear them. Something tangible has to be presented.

Marriage is not a right.

Next contestant.....

Marriage is not a right.

Next contestant.....
Is access to the law a right? Can someone be denied jurisprudential protection?

Marriage is not a right.

Next contestant.....

I don't know what this has to do with insurance.....but Gays have the same right to the pain and suffering us married folks have to deal with.

Last edited:

Marriage is not a right.

Next contestant.....

Seems to me that if you are wronged by a hospital or other entity court is your recourse not demands upon Washington DC.

Marriage is not a right.

Next contestant.....

Seems to me that if you are wronged by a hospital or other entity court is your recourse not demands upon Washington DC.
Then what are your opinions on the Constitution of the United States of America? There's a clause in there that says a contract written in one state has to be honored in all other states. Full faith and credit. So, as new York State approves of same sex marriage and a couple wed there moves to say North Carolina, their marriage must be honored with the same level of considerations that New York State observes. In other words, if you're legally married in New York, you're just as legally married in North Carolina.

Then what are your opinions on the Constitution of the United States of America? There's a clause in there that says a contract written in one state has to be honored in all other states. Full faith and credit. So, as new York State approves of same sex marriage and a couple wed there moves to say North Carolina, their marriage must be honored with the same level of considerations that New York State observes. In other words, if you're legally married in New York, you're just as legally married in North Carolina.

You may or may not be right. I'm not a scholar. But gay marriage is not q right nor is it a federal issue imo.

+

Is this why Obama won't defend DOMA?

:eusa_whistle:

You may or may not be right. I'm not a scholar. But gay marriage is not q right nor is it a federal issue imo.
next contestant

Nancy Pelosi says her faith (Catholic) demands that she support same-sex marriage......LMAO!!!

Now we know it's a campaign tactic.
Coming out of the woodwork, aren't they?

Nancy Pelosi: My Catholic Faith ‘Compels’ Me to Support Same-Sex Marriage

I'm sure the POPE would like to have a few words with her...:eusa_whistle:

Watch out there's an idiot here that seems to think the bible has been misquoted and says the early church approved of gay marriages.:eusa_whistle:

next contestant

At least I admitted my limitations. You simply moved the goal posts to avoid yours.

I am pretty sure that NK is correct in this and if I am not mistaken that was one of the main arguments when states such as Mass started sanctioning gay marriage. The claim was that if a gay couple was married in Mass, then their marriage contract would be required to be recognized in every state in the union.

Don't quote me on those facts please, but if I remember the argument that was what it was about.

Immie

Forum List

Back