Obama Approval Up - Why?

Obama Approval Up - Why?

He hasn't invaded any countries, hasn't done much and, as you mentioned, the DOW is up. As long as he stays out of the country, his approval ratings should remain stable.

Yeah, PP and I were tossing about the good response and good press Obama seems to get from the foreign media as a possible cause. But I'm not convinced that has had time to register in the polls yet.

right now parts of the german press are quite critical. because of the climate summit.

Yeah, PP and I were tossing about the good response and good press Obama seems to get from the foreign media as a possible cause. But I'm not convinced that has had time to register in the polls yet.

Some of those poll dates are after he left the country and was in Asia. The older polls on that website reflect earlier dates. The top four are when he was in Asia and the stock market was staying above 10k.

and Pelosi was being as quiet as a church mouse so as to not steal any thunder from Obama's APEC Summit.

Maybe that does have a lot to do with it then, isn't there usually a little lag? Maybe we've just gotten so much quicker at this kind of stuff .....

But I personally think Pelosi being "silent as a church mouse" is just generally good all around, so I'd like if it Obama could/would get her to keep quiet a lot more often.

"As quiet as a church mouse". Hmmm, that botox needle musta hit a nerve in her jaw.

I think its bounce because when you have been dropping as much as he has you are bound to bounce back a little. Its a temporary thing because there is no way this country will tolerate a communist much longer in power but we do tend to elect a lot of democrats so maybe half this country really does get into that shit.

Obama's job approval numbers have been ticking up - (even in Rassmussen he has a 1 point higher approval than disapproval)
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

My question is why do you think that is?

No real movement on healthcare, no decision announced on Afghanistan strategy ....

Is is completely pegged to the stock market?

What's your opinion.

Dream on-----------------------------

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Monday, November 16, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 (see trends).

I'm just wondering why Rassmussen opts to send press releases on their "strong only" poll and yet is "quiet as a church mouse" about their newest 50 approve - 49 disapprove poll?

Would a reputable polling company - one with no ax to grind - ignore one set of all-inclusive numbers and promote a jiggered, cherry-picked version?

Just makes you wonder.

RCP Poll Averages
President Obama Job Approval
RCP Average
Approve53.0Disapprove42.3Spread +10.7

Latest PollsObama Job ApprovalCongress Job ApprovalGeneric BallotElection 2009/2010.Email This Page to a Friend | Print This Page

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 10/28 - 11/15 -- 53.0 42.3 +10.7
ABC News/Wash Post 11/12 - 11/15 1001 A 56 42 +14
Gallup 11/13 - 11/15 1547 A 53 38 +15
Rasmussen Reports 11/13 - 11/15 1500 LV 50 49 +1
Associated Press/GfK 11/5 - 11/9 1006 A 54 43 +11
Pew Research 10/28 - 11/8 2000 A 51 36 +15
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 - 11/1 1018 A 54 45 +9
Ipsos/McClatchy 10/29 - 11/1 1077 A 53 43 +10

See All President Obama Job Approval Polling Data

Last edited:
I think its bounce because when you have been dropping as much as he has you are bound to bounce back a little. Its a temporary thing because there is no way this country will tolerate a communist much longer in power but we do tend to elect a lot of democrats so maybe half this country really does get into that shit.

Yeah, I think at least half of this country does agree with Democrats on the whole more than they agree with Republicans on the whole. The pendulum swings, but right now - the most recent election results do tend to support the idea that a majority has swung toward the Democrats.

cbs has him down from last month. personally, i don't think the polls mean anything at this point; talk to me in July 2010.

Obama Poll Numbers Dip - CBS News Video

I'll agree that polls only signify how people are reacting right now and that one poll alone means little or nothing.

I'm just wonder why - across the board - his numbers would be climbing right now.

In reality - the only poll that really matters is the official one that is held on election day.

My guess is that the American people STILL see that the GOP have offered no help to get healthcare reform passed. Meanwhile, the Deomocrats have actually made some huge concessions (in the House anyway). America likes it when their government actually DOES something.

Well that would tie into my theory that Americans are generally sick and tired of the hyper-partisan political theater that has ripped us apart over the past 20 years or so. I think that is why they nominated a guy who had a reputation for bucking the party and a relative newcomer who had a reputation for being able to bring diverse elements together.

But reading in some response to incremental bi-partisanship on one bill might be too optimistic for me.

IF it were just any bill, I may not put so much weight behind it. However, while Americans disagree on HOW healthcare should be reformed, the large majority agree that it does need to happen. The Democrats are finding a way to make it happen.

Yes they have. The most expensive way and the ONLY way that does not address the issue of rising premiums.

Contrary to what you want some of those that are not well informed to believe, the GOP HAS presented ideas that are proven solutions to the rising premium issue. Yet, for some reason NEITHER of them are addressed in the bill....so, of course, the GOP is deemed as obstructionists for not rolling over and playing dead.

So, if passed, the rising poremiums will still be an issue and the only change is that we all, as tax payers, will need to support the rising premiums not just for ourselves individually, but for everyone else as well.

The GOP ideas, coupled with the idea of "healthcare for all" would result in lower premiums to those that buy their own inusrance and only slightly higher taxes to support those that are presently uninsured.

Or....

We can do it the democrats way and increase taxes to cover the uninsured AND NOT stop the rising premiums to those that are paying for their own AND for the uninsured.

And poeple like you are OK with this....becuae you won!

Strange.

Obama still does not suck as bad as Bush did.

Not setting the bar too high, huh? LOL.

I wonder--do anybody actually miss Bush? I know I do not.

Luissa sent me a video yesterday that made me miss bush and clinton....check it out I guarantee you will laugh at least once

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zKtcKCaG8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Coldplay - Violet Hill (Dancing Politicians)[/ame]

I still say his poll numbers are climbing because no one is talking about health care reforms. Watch the numbers when that topic is raised up again during senate debates over it.

Well that would tie into my theory that Americans are generally sick and tired of the hyper-partisan political theater that has ripped us apart over the past 20 years or so. I think that is why they nominated a guy who had a reputation for bucking the party and a relative newcomer who had a reputation for being able to bring diverse elements together.

But reading in some response to incremental bi-partisanship on one bill might be too optimistic for me.

IF it were just any bill, I may not put so much weight behind it. However, while Americans disagree on HOW healthcare should be reformed, the large majority agree that it does need to happen. The Democrats are finding a way to make it happen.

Yes they have. The most expensive way and the ONLY way that does not address the issue of rising premiums.

Contrary to what you want some of those that are not well informed to believe, the GOP HAS presented ideas that are proven solutions to the rising premium issue. Yet, for some reason NEITHER of them are addressed in the bill....so, of course, the GOP is deemed as obstructionists for not rolling over and playing dead.

So, if passed, the rising poremiums will still be an issue and the only change is that we all, as tax payers, will need to support the rising premiums not just for ourselves individually, but for everyone else as well.

The GOP ideas, coupled with the idea of "healthcare for all" would result in lower premiums to those that buy their own inusrance and only slightly higher taxes to support those that are presently uninsured.

Or....

We can do it the democrats way and increase taxes to cover the uninsured AND NOT stop the rising premiums to those that are paying for their own AND for the uninsured.

And poeple like you are OK with this....becuae you won!

Strange.

the key to politics! :clap2:

cbs has him down from last month. personally, i don't think the polls mean anything at this point; talk to me in July 2010.

Obama Poll Numbers Dip - CBS News Video

I'll agree that polls only signify how people are reacting right now and that one poll alone means little or nothing.

I'm just wonder why - across the board - his numbers would be climbing right now.

In reality - the only poll that really matters is the official one that is held on election day.

As said earlier in this post...this past week he is doing exactly what he campaigned to do......increase the image of America around the world......so of course this week his numbers are up.

Now do not get me wrong. Seeing as we are the most generous nation in the world...AND....we are the one country all other countries turn to in the wake of a disaster like the tsunami...I do not believe we need to bend over backwards to raise our image for any mistakes we make...and yes, we made some, but so did just about every other country out there........but if that is what the Amrican people voted for and what the people want, so be it.

I still say his poll numbers are climbing because no one is talking about health care reforms. Watch the numbers when that topic is raised up again during senate debates over it.

Be interesting to watch

I think it is also interesting that one poster says the numbers are going up because things are happening on the healthcare front and another posters says it is because nothing is happening on the healthcare front.

Maybe it's like reading tea leaves. Maybe people see what they want to see.... Maybe our own interpretation of the polls reveals more about our own POV than it does about the topic being polled????

Be interesting to watch

I think it is also interesting that one poster says the numbers are going up because things are happening on the healthcare front and another posters says it is because nothing is happening on the healthcare front.

Maybe it's like reading tea leaves. Maybe people see what they want to see.... Maybe our own interpretation of the polls reveals more about our own POV than it does about the topic being polled????

:lol: Well my tea leave skills are DA BOMB :lol:

And considering I think this new 2000 page health care bill is even worse than the 1100 page one it replaces you may be dead on with your assertion about my interpretation representing my point of view.

But my strongest inclination is to link it more to the stock market

I think so also. People are finicky and in general short sighted. This is why I don't put any real stock in most polls, basically they're nothing more than snapshots in time.

I agree - I think we're just kicking around what we are actually seeing in this snapshot.

Be interesting to watch

:lol: Well my tea leave skills are DA BOMB :lol:

And considering I think this new 2000 page health care bill is even worse than the 1100 page one it replaces you may be dead on with your assertion about my interpretation representing my point of view.

Well I intended that to include ALL of us - but I will never question your bomb skilz

Obama's job approval numbers have been ticking up - (even in Rassmussen he has a 1 point higher approval than disapproval)

No real movement on healthcare, no decision announced on Afghanistan strategy ....

What's your opinion.

He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Gosh Darn It, People Like Him!

View attachment 8733

What's your opinion.

He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Gosh Darn It, People Like Him!

View attachment 8733

Pretty similar numbers .... maybe there is something to that??????

Forum List

Back