Obama Approval Up - Why?

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
Last edited:
You know, that's a pretty good point. I wonder of it can be linked to Pelosi silence? Maybe some real truth to the idea that every time she opens her mouth, Obama loses a point or two .....

You're probably right but the good reviews he's receiving by the press for his APEC appearance and China visit definately aren't hurting him. I was in Singapore just prior to his visit and I went to the U.S. Embassy to get some pages added to my passport...NOT....the Embassy was shut down for a week in preps for his visit.

I do think the international community receives him so well- in part - because he is NOT Bush. And yeah, all that good press abroad probably does play well here at home where folks appreciate our image being boosted around the world.

I just don't know if that has had time to show up in the polls yet.

Obama's job approval numbers have been ticking up - (even in Rassmussen he has a 1 point higher approval than disapproval)
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

My question is why do you think that is?

No real movement on healthcare, no decision announced on Afghanistan strategy ....

Is is completely pegged to the stock market?

What's your opinion.

My guess is that the American people STILL see that the GOP have offered no help to get healthcare reform passed. Meanwhile, the Deomocrats have actually made some huge concessions (in the House anyway). America likes it when their government actually DOES something.

Obama's job approval numbers have been ticking up - (even in Rassmussen he has a 1 point higher approval than disapproval)

No real movement on healthcare, no decision announced on Afghanistan strategy ....

What's your opinion.

My guess is that the American people STILL see that the GOP have offered no help to get healthcare reform passed. Meanwhile, the Deomocrats have actually made some huge concessions (in the House anyway). America likes it when their government actually DOES something.

Well that would tie into my theory that Americans are generally sick and tired of the hyper-partisan political theater that has ripped us apart over the past 20 years or so. I think that is why they nominated a guy who had a reputation for bucking the party and a relative newcomer who had a reputation for being able to bring diverse elements together.

But reading in some response to incremental bi-partisanship on one bill might be too optimistic for me.

Obama Approval Up - Why?

He hasn't invaded any countries, hasn't done much and, as you mentioned, the DOW is up. As long as he stays out of the country, his approval ratings should remain stable.

Yeah, PP and I were tossing about the good response and good press Obama seems to get from the foreign media as a possible cause. But I'm not convinced that has had time to register in the polls yet.

What's your opinion.

Well that would tie into my theory that Americans are generally sick and tired of the hyper-partisan political theater that has ripped us apart over the past 20 years or so. I think that is why they nominated a guy who had a reputation for bucking the party and a relative newcomer who had a reputation for being able to bring diverse elements together.

But reading in some response to incremental bi-partisanship on one bill might be too optimistic for me.

IF it were just any bill, I may not put so much weight behind it. However, while Americans disagree on HOW healthcare should be reformed, the large majority agree that it does need to happen. The Democrats are finding a way to make it happen.

What's your opinion.

He stopped talking about health care since the fort hood thing. Thats what is helping him. Watch if he starts yapping about health care again his numbers will drop.

IF it were just any bill, I may not put so much weight behind it. However, while Americans disagree on HOW healthcare should be reformed, the large majority agree that it does need to happen. The Democrats are finding a way to make it happen.

At what cost to the country? When will that question be answered?

I think its because a lot of people still like him personally.
If what I see on the news is true though, his pole numbers drop when they pole on specific topics.

Obama Approval Up - Why?

He hasn't invaded any countries, hasn't done much and, as you mentioned, the DOW is up. As long as he stays out of the country, his approval ratings should remain stable.

Yeah, PP and I were tossing about the good response and good press Obama seems to get from the foreign media as a possible cause. But I'm not convinced that has had time to register in the polls yet.

Some of those poll dates are after he left the country and was in Asia. The older polls on that website reflect earlier dates. The top four are when he was in Asia and the stock market was staying above 10k.

and Pelosi was being as quiet as a church mouse so as to not steal any thunder from Obama's APEC Summit.

Last edited:

Some of those poll dates are after he left the country and was in Asia. The older polls on that website reflect earlier dates. The top four are when he was in Asia and the stock market was staying above 10k.

and Pelosi was being as quiet as a church mouse so as to not steal any thunder from Obama's APEC Summit.

Maybe that does have a lot to do with it then, isn't there usually a little lag? Maybe we've just gotten so much quicker at this kind of stuff .....

But I personally think Pelosi being "silent as a church mouse" is just generally good all around, so I'd like if it Obama could/would get her to keep quiet a lot more often.

What's your opinion.

Dream on-----------------------------

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Monday, November 16, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 (see trends).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back