Obama and illegal immigrants

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
What the fuck?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/us/politics/09immig.html?_r=1&hp

While acknowledging that the recession makes the political battle more difficult, President Obama plans to begin addressing the country’s immigration system this year, including looking for a path for illegal immigrants to become legal, a senior administration official said on Wednesday.

Mr. Obama will frame the new effort — likely to rouse passions on all sides of the highly divisive issue — as “policy reform that controls immigration and makes it an orderly system,” said the official, Cecilia Muñoz, deputy assistant to the president and director of intergovernmental affairs in the White House.

Mr. Obama plans to speak publicly about the issue in May, administration officials said, and over the summer he will convene working groups, including lawmakers from both parties and a range of immigration groups, to begin discussing possible legislation for as early as this fall.

Some White House officials said that immigration would not take precedence over the health care and energy proposals that Mr. Obama has identified as priorities. But the timetable is consistent with pledges Mr. Obama made to Hispanic groups in last year’s campaign.

He said then that comprehensive immigration legislation, including a plan to make legal status possible for an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, would be a priority in his first year in office. Latino voters turned out strongly for Mr. Obama in the election.

I hardly ever say I told you so but,,, I TOLD YOU SO oh and the 12 million they keep citing is more than likely 30.

I hope that some members of congress who have consistently opposed this bullshit will have the balls to stand up and fight this time.

...then its better than most and better than what one would expect from an Obama administration.

Obama to Push Immigration Reform Bill - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com
going to happen is you are going to pay a significant fine. You are going to learn English. You are going to go to the back of the line so that you don't get ahead of somebody who was in Mexico City applying legally. But after you've done these things, over a certain period of time you can earn your citizenship."

I hope that some members of congress who have consistently opposed this bullshit will have the balls to stand up and fight this time.
We defeated it twice before, looks like we'll have to do it again.

The only problem is that when bills get defeated we remain with the open border pro-illegal immigration policy. Not saying this bill is the answer, rather that doing nothing is killing us!

Both parties support this concept, so I wouldn't expect to see it defeated.

Is it even possible to find every single illegal immigrant and deport them?
No, but if you take away what ever it is there coming to America for, they will deport themselves.

Is it even possible to find every single illegal immigrant and deport them?

YES!

First, seal off the border via a 3 pronged fence

Second, take the incentive away, which are jobs. Hit the employers HARD if they hire and use illegals. First things first, e-verify should be required by all employers, even if little Jim hires little Timmy to help him at his lemonade stand!

Third, hit the landlords. Illegals need places to live. Immigration status checks should be a requirement to renting your place. And for god's sake disallow illegals from obtaining mortgages and credit card from our banks.

Fourth, for christ sake don't give illegal welfare, social security, medicare or public assistance. Nothing breeds illegal activities like free money.

Fifth, cut off all Federal funds to sanctuary cities! No exception for LA or SF!

Sixth, use the 0 tolerance policy, which make deportation mandatory upon arrest or discovery. If an illegal gets arrested even if its for something minor like loitering or littering, invoke the 0 tolerance policy and deport them. If an illegal gets pulled over for a speeding ticket or a broken tail-light, invoke the 0 tolerance policy and deport him. If an illegal comes to our hospital for free medical care, get him better and then deport him.

Seventh, set up a whistle-blower hotline, which includes awards, for employees on employers, or citizen against renters. Create laws that protect whistle-blower from punitive measures by employers or landlords!

The solution to illegal immigration is simple! Make it very hard physically to get over here, when they get here take the incentive away of jobs, homes, public assistance and fee medical care and then deport all illegal upon discovery.

What the fuck?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/us/politics/09immig.html?_r=1&hp

While acknowledging that the recession makes the political battle more difficult, President Obama plans to begin addressing the country’s immigration system this year, including looking for a path for illegal immigrants to become legal, a senior administration official said on Wednesday.

Mr. Obama plans to speak publicly about the issue in May, administration officials said, and over the summer he will convene working groups, including lawmakers from both parties and a range of immigration groups, to begin discussing possible legislation for as early as this fall.

He said then that comprehensive immigration legislation, including a plan to make legal status possible for an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, would be a priority in his first year in office. Latino voters turned out strongly for Mr. Obama in the election.
What in the name of everything holy is this asshole smoking? He can't seriously believe this will be met with positive reception? He can kiss his high popularity rating goodbye.

Then brace yourself for a new civil war.

Both PARTIES might support this but damn few American citizens do. How many times do we have to say no?

As to the disingenuous "back of the line". How is it that ANY rational person can buy that line? If you're already enjoying the benefits of this nation and some poor schmuck in Mexico has filed his papers and is waiting patiently south of the border, then who is actually in the front of the line?

So basically, it's a new york times article about what's gonna be on the new york times in 6 months.

C'mon guys, it's a bit too early. There'll MORE than enough threads about this come OCTOBER when he actually starts "the debate" [Haha, "This Year," I dunno about that Barry, maybe we're looking at January, February, next summer??]

Let's save it for then!

aOSIHDPsoids

We defeated it twice before, looks like we'll have to do it again.

Seems as if we keep beating our heads against a brick wall though. How many times do we need to send the message before they [Congress] actually open and read it? Or should I say comprehend it? Do they believe that if they continue to ignore "the will of the people" that we'll take our marbles and go home? Will we do that, or will we stay in the game?

ALERT! Federal bill would deny funds to Sanctuary Cities!

The efforts of the federal government to enforce immigration law are hamstrung by local city governments that declare themselves sanctuaries from immigration enforcement. S 95 (Sen. David Vitter, R-LA) would deny Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) funding to cities with sanctuary policies.

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 provides that a federal, state, or local government entity may not restrict officials from exchanging information regarding an individual's immigration status with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

CLICK HERE Californians for Population Stabilization - ALERT! Federal bill would deny funds to Sanctuary Cities to send a letter to your Senators asking them to support this important bill.

Sadly I agree! Americans are getting let down by both sides of the isle on this issue!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1005795-post1.html

That's because, GHook, even though you and I often disagree about much, we are both reality based thinkers.

How stupid are these commentators on this board who are attempting to deny that the Republican Party is ALSO supporting illegal immigration?

Do they think we have forgotten what Reagan did?

Do they think we didn't notice that Teddy Kennedy and George Bush II both worked to give these illegals a path to becoming citizens?

Or are these partisans merely so ignorant that they don't know these things?

The illegal immigration issue is just one more bit of evidence that proves that the difference between the Rs and Ds in basically meaningless.

But partisans don't give a fuck about facts, do they?

And that's why America is going down the shitter, my friend --too many ignorant partisan citizens who are simply too lazy or too stupid to look at the facts and understand their implications.

If we truly had parties that were truly philosophically different, this nation would be well served to have BOTH of them.

Sadly we don't.

Sadly I agree! Americans are getting let down by both sides of the isle on this issue!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1005795-post1.html

That's because, GHook, even though you and I often disagree about much, we are both reality based thinkers.

How stupid are these commentators on this board who are attempting to deny that the Republican Party is ALSO supporting illegal immigration?

Do they think we have forgotten what Reagan did?

Do they think we didn't notice that Teddy Kennedy and George Bush II both worked to give these illegals a path to becoming citizens?

Or are these partisans merely so ignorant that they don't know these things?

The illegal immigration issue is just one more bit of evidence that proves that the difference between the Rs and Ds in basically meaningless.

But partisans don't give a fuck about facts, do they?

And that's why America is going down the shitter, my friend --too many ignorant partisan citizens who are simply too lazy or too stupid to look at the facts and understand their implications.

If we truly had parties that were truly philosophically different, this nation would be well served to have BOTH of them.

Sadly we don't.

If I may ask [as an undeclared but somewhat conservative voter], how many Republicans voted for McCain despite the fact that he flat-out lied throughout the course of the campaign on this issue?

I like the idea that Obama is interested in giving all these people the chance to become legal citizens. I look forward to seeing what the details of the plan are.

Forum List

Back