Obama and illegal immigrants

I like the idea that Obama is interested in giving all these people the chance to become legal citizens. I look forward to seeing what the details of the plan are.

It doesn't really matter what the plan is, Ravi.

Reagan did exactly the same thing, and the outcome was a massive migration of still MORE illegals to the north.

Rewarding bad behavior insures more of it.

I like the idea that Obama is interested in giving all these people the chance to become legal citizens. I look forward to seeing what the details of the plan are.

Reagan did exactly the same thing, and the outcome was a massive migration of still MORE illegals to the north.

That could be true, Editec, but they seem to come here either way so you might as well make productive citizens out of them.

What if illegal immigrants had to serve 2-4 years in the military to gain eligibility?

That could be true, Editec, but they seem to come here either way so you might as well make productive citizens out of them.

So let's just open up our borders?

Cause that's exactly what this does, just as that's exactly what it did when Regan did it.

No, Ravi this is a BAD idea for AMERICANS who have to work for a living.

It encourages still more illegals which are distorting our labor market.

In the very LONG run, it may have positive effects, but the Americans it will be screwing do not LIVE in the long run, they live paycheck to paycheck.

This is wrong, Ravi.

It's wrong from a leftist position and its wrong from a rightist position, too.

Anyone who is remotely nationalistic will find this offensive.

It is only right from an international CLASSIST position.

Last edited:
Sadly I agree! Americans are getting let down by both sides of the isle on this issue!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1005795-post1.html

That's because, GHook, even though you and I often disagree about much, we are both reality based thinkers.

How stupid are these commentators on this board who are attempting to deny that the Republican Party is ALSO supporting illegal immigration?

Do they think we have forgotten what Reagan did?

Do they think we didn't notice that Teddy Kennedy and George Bush II both worked to give these illegals a path to becoming citizens?

Or are these partisans merely so ignorant that they don't know these things?

The illegal immigration issue is just one more bit of evidence that proves that the difference between the Rs and Ds in basically meaningless.

But partisans don't give a fuck about facts, do they?

And that's why America is going down the shitter, my friend --too many ignorant partisan citizens who are simply too lazy or too stupid to look at the facts and understand their implications.

If we truly had parties that were truly philosophically different, this nation would be well served to have BOTH of them.

Sadly we don't.

If I may ask [as an undeclared but somewhat conservative voter], how many Republicans voted for McCain despite the fact that he flat-out lied throughout the course of the campaign on this issue?

What about that lower taxes for 95% of American charade that help get President Obama into office. He rang it loud and clear at every corner of his campaign! However, it is now all but ignored. In fact with some of his polices taxes are increasing for this 95% of Americans!

Right now I care more about the current President flat out lying about this, rather than the got who lost!

Cause that's exactly what this does, just as that's exactly what it did when Regan did it.

In the very LONG run, it may have positive effects, but the Americans it will be screwing do not LIVE in the long run, they live paycheck to paycheck.

This is wrong, Ravi.

I don't agree with you. It would be nice to have a viable way to stop people from coming over the border but I haven't seen one.

Sadly I agree! Americans are getting let down by both sides of the isle on this issue!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1005795-post1.html

That's because, GHook, even though you and I often disagree about much, we are both reality based thinkers.

How stupid are these commentators on this board who are attempting to deny that the Republican Party is ALSO supporting illegal immigration?

Do they think we didn't notice that Teddy Kennedy and George Bush II both worked to give these illegals a path to becoming citizens?

The illegal immigration issue is just one more bit of evidence that proves that the difference between the Rs and Ds in basically meaningless.

And that's why America is going down the shitter, my friend --too many ignorant partisan citizens who are simply too lazy or too stupid to look at the facts and understand their implications.

If we truly had parties that were truly philosophically different, this nation would be well served to have BOTH of them.

Sadly we don't.

If I may ask [as an undeclared but somewhat conservative voter], how many Republicans voted for McCain despite the fact that he flat-out lied throughout the course of the campaign on this issue?

You cannot be serious, this issue was barely discussed by either party during the campaign. cept when the obamalama ran down to the border and told the hispanics that McCain was against hispanic immigration which put him (the obamalama) right on top of the dishonest f**k pile. remember?

This is wrong, Ravi.

It certainly is a bad idea. You can kiss a lot of your "stimulus" jobs goodbye. But on the other hand you owe it to them, your party purposefully courted their votes, to deny them now would be a supreme act of dishonesty and betrayal.

Sadly we don't.

You cannot be serious, this issue was barely discussed by either party during the campaign. cept when the obamalama ran down to the border and told the hispanics that McCain was against hispanic immigration which put him (the obamalama) right on top of the dishonest f**k pile. remember?

No, I don't remember it that way. Hispanics tended to be conservative. Your precious party lost the hispanic vote, just like you lost the black vote after the great Mississippi flood of 1927.

You think these people are dumb and vote ignorantly? That's funny, because that is what you do. These minorities know which party is better for them.

Now for awhile, it was the GOP that was good to illegals. You turned your back on the illegal employer problem because you liked the cheap labor. You even came up with a catchy slogan to sell us on it. Remember? Jobs Americans Won't Do?

So now what do we do? We need to get taxes from these people. We can't just let them to continue working here illegally. And they are not going to go away.

So Obama is going to win this issue. He's going to make them American citizens. I don't see a problem with that. Now they'll be legal, and they'll help fund the kitty.

Someone has to make up for the money we aren't getting because of Bush's unfair tax cuts.

If illegal employers weren't hiring these illegal workers, they'd go home tomorrow.

No, I don't remember it that way. That's too bad cause that's the way it happened Hispanics tended to be conservative. Your precious party lost the hispanic vote, just like you lost the black vote after the great Mississippi flood of 1927.

You think these people are dumb and vote ignorantly? That's funny, because that is what you do. These minorities know which party is better for them.

Now for awhile, it was the GOP that was good to illegals. You turned your back on the illegal employer problem because you liked the cheap labor. You even came up with a catchy slogan to sell us on it. Remember? Jobs Americans Won't Do?

So now what do we do? We need to get taxes from these people. We can't just let them to continue working here illegally. And they are not going to go away. No they are not going away that's for sure.

So Obama is going to win this issue. He's going to make them American citizens. I don't see a problem with that. Now they'll be legal, and they'll help fund the kitty. No he won't, he will give these 20 or 30 illegals amnesty and then 20 or 30 more will come illegally cause they know some day they will be rewarded. Someone has to make up for the money we aren't getting because of Bush's unfair tax cuts.

If illegal employers weren't hiring these illegal workers, they'd go home tomorrow.
Dishonest Fuck award goes to you, cause you know the left and the aclu have stopped every attempt to check status..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB38asO7IIA&feature=PlayList&p=FAEC3CD4DD76F555&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30]YouTube - Barack Obama - Speech in San Antonio[/ame]

No, I don't remember it that way. That's too bad cause that's the way it happened Hispanics tended to be conservative. Your precious party lost the hispanic vote, just like you lost the black vote after the great Mississippi flood of 1927.

So now what do we do? We need to get taxes from these people. We can't just let them to continue working here illegally. And they are not going to go away. No they are not going away that's for sure.

So Obama is going to win this issue. He's going to make them American citizens. I don't see a problem with that. Now they'll be legal, and they'll help fund the kitty. No he won't, he will give these 20 or 30 illegals amnesty and then 20 or 30 more will come illegally cause they know some day they will be rewarded. Someone has to make up for the money we aren't getting because of Bush's unfair tax cuts.

Dishonest Fuck award goes to you, cause you know the left and the aclu have stopped every attempt to check status..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB38asO7IIA&feature=PlayList&p=FAEC3CD4DD76F555&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30]YouTube - Barack Obama - Speech in San Antonio[/ame]

So what? Who's hiring them? If you guys are going to profit from their cheap labor, we want their votes.

You think they should love you for exploiting them? Sure you can make an argument that they made more money here than they could back home, but you don't think they resent being paid less than minimum wage and not having worker rights? No benefits?

Its a huge problem that the right caused and now the Dems are going to have to clean it up. So, we might as well benefit politically from it.

Oh yea! This reminds me. This is another way you righties try to socialize the losses and privatize the profits. I'll explain.

These companies that hire illegals don't provide health insurance, so the illegals go to the emergency room when they get sick, and the tax payers pick up the tab.

So you right wing illegal employers have your own form of socialized medicine. :lol:

Here is a great op ed on how this topic has torn your party in two.

Today's Immigration Battle: Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

Sadly we don't.

What about that lower taxes for 95% of American charade that help get President Obama into office. He rang it loud and clear at every corner of his campaign! However, it is now all but ignored. In fact with some of his polices taxes are increasing for this 95% of Americans!

Right now I care more about the current President flat out lying about this, rather than the got who lost!

But I didn't fall for HIS fancy talk, nor is there a day that goes by that I don't call him on HIS lies. The point here is THIS ISSUE -- which is ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS -- and it was important enough to me to find someone else to "waste" my vote on! You want to fix the problem, maybe you should be part of the solution....

So what? Who's hiring them? If you guys are going to profit from their cheap labor, we want their votes.
And how exactly do you expect them to stop hiring illegals if they cannot check status Fucktard?
You think they should love you for exploiting them? Sure you can make an argument that they made more money here than they could back home, but you don't think they resent being paid less than minimum wage and not having worker rights? No benefits?

Its a huge problem that the right caused and now the Dems are going to have to clean it up. So, we might as well benefit politically from it.

Oh yea! This reminds me. This is another way you righties try to socialize the losses and privatize the profits. I'll explain.

These companies that hire illegals don't provide health insurance, so the illegals go to the emergency room when they get sick, and the tax payers pick up the tab.
No shit sherlock

So you right wing illegal employers have your own form of socialized medicine. :lol:

Here is a great op ed on how this topic has torn your party in two.

Today's Immigration Battle: Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

:eek:

Sadly we don't.

Barely discussed.... Hmmm.... I'm not sure where, during the course of the 18+ months of the pre-election drama you came in, but I have a fairly accurate recollection of ALL the MAJOR melodrama, right down to "we don't need a fence" from the Democratic idiots. Why don't you ask the MEDIA why SERIOUS candidates didn't get the time of day in all that time?

Barely discussed.... Hmmm.... I'm not sure where, during the course of the 18+ months of the pre-election drama you came in, but I have a fairly accurate recollection of ALL the MAJOR melodrama, right down to "we don't need a fence" from the Democratic idiots. Why don't you ask the MEDIA why SERIOUS candidates didn't get the time of day in all that time?[/COLOR]

with all due respect if you want the media to be asked something then I suggest you do it yourself. I'm not working for you that I know of.

He said then that comprehensive immigration legislation, including a plan to make legal status possible for an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, would be a priority in his first year in office. Latino voters turned out strongly for Mr. Obama in the election.

Twelve million illegals is highly underestimated - it's more like 20 million. Yes, latino voters turned out strongly for Obama but not for the reasons many are saying. I will bet my last peso that most voted for him because they are dems and wanted the repubs, aka Bush, out, out, out . For the dems to think that latinos will stand for another amnesty or for legalizing them and then dealing with chain immigration, is very naive on the part of the powers that be in Washington. Pelosi, Reid and Obama's advisers are in for a BIG surprise! I can hardly wait.

New Topics

Forum List

Back