Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

No, it's convenient for you. You keep them poor then manipulate them. Why is their success on me? That's bull. This is a great country, every door is open. They just have to walk through it. LOL, you're not a liberal, that's comical. You're a stereotype liberal.

Oh, right, so I would like to improve their health, their education, their job prospects, their chances in life because, apparently I WANT TO KEEP THEM POOR.

Er... can you explain how anything I have said would lead to keeping them poor?

How did you end up in this discussion anyway, you poison all the topics you end up on, I've half a mind to block you soon.

well why would they realize it? They ate lied to by democrats from birth being told that they can't make anything of themselves unless some white politician with a D next to his name gives it to them.

do you think it's a coincidence that inner city schools are the worst of the nation when they've been under Democrat monopoly for over half a century?

it's horrendous to see how democrats use African Americans and pretend they are their friends.

I'm not going to say anything positive about the Democrats or Republicans when it comes to educational standards. This is the problem with the big two parties, it doesn't seem in the interests of either of them to do anything about anything. The US falls further towards oblivion, but right now they're happy so, let's not worry.

When China overtakes the US, and it will, with highly educated young people being churned out, not especially good at thinking, but why do they need to think when they can steal everything from the US and Europe anyway?

It's coming, the US isn't preparing itself for what's coming.

Maybe they could try moving instead of waiting on someone to pull them out of poverty.

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be open to moving to the rich part of town, although maybe they can't afford it.

Be realistic.

I moved when I couldn't find a job that paid worth a damned in the big city, I figure they're smart enough to do the same.

Or do you think they're too stupid to figure that out, you racist?

Some people are movers, some people aren't. I move thousands of miles to get a different job. However some people don't necessarily have the chance, or the will or whatever. Should everyone move to the big city? Or move from one big city to another? You can imagine the problems this will cause.

If you do a job that is minimum wage or lower and you haven't saved up much, can you afford to move, to rent a new flat, to spend the time and money finding a new flat etc?

It's not as simple as it seems, and for many people they have a fear of the unknown. I'm the opposite, but I know a lot of people who will be unable to put themselves into such a situation.

Simply saying this is what you did, doesn't help. I'm going to assuming you have more skills than your average high school drop out, a better resume, more chances of getting a job that pays well, etc etc.

The big issue here starts with education. Some kids' education is learnt on the streets, not from high quality teachers.

I didn't prepare for college in high school but I went anyway.

Fear of the unknown is a pretty good excuse. How much do you think we should be paying for someone who's afraid to leave their comfort zone?

You implication is that the only hate crimes are committed against blacks. Without the facts I am thinking that the rise may be against Jews then blacks. OR maybe they are counting the crime of the "knock out" game as a hate crime. But I don't think they consider targetting a white person and knocking them out with a sucker punch a hate crime, merely boys being boys.

Nice graph, nice innuendo, now where are the facts?

I guess that's why I mentioned a spike in hate crimes in 2004 because people targeting Arabs huh?

Hate crimes can be against any group. However has been a rise far right groups of the sort the Stephen "Don" Black, Preston Wiginton and other nasty pieces of s*** are involved in. These groups are also looking outside of the US and have had links with other European far right groups, like the almost dead BNP in the UK, and no doubt with those in Holland and Germany and other such places. The internet has helped them a lot with this.

No doubt you're looking for the one fact that tells the whole story. Sorry to tell you but you're actually going to have to do a lot of adding up with different information that paints a picture. I was adding information to someone who has a first hand account of an increase in racism.

There isn't a record of ever mention of racism towards black people in the US by other groups. It won't happen. Racism comes in many guises, as the lynching of a black person by the KKK way back when to very, very subtle racism that you can hardly even notice.

The first bold is just your opinion, not fact. As I remember folks predicted a backlash that never happened. Without facts we are just discussing opinions and my opinion is that yours is wrong.

Fear of the unknown is a pretty good excuse. How much do you think we should be paying for someone who's afraid to leave their comfort zone?

Same here. But then again if you've been brought up in poverty, and you haven't been told to do studying and it doesn't come easy to you in a system which really only targets one type of student learning, then are you going to continue to bang your head against the table or are you going to go do something else?

It's not looking for excuses. It's looking for reasons WHY things happen and then acting in an intelligent manner to stop these things from happen.

I'd bet that most kids in run down inner city schools, especially boys, are being taught wrong. They're getting the one size fits all education, here, sit down and write this and then when you're bad at it I'm going to tell you that you're bad at it and you'll fail all your exams and hate education by the time you're 12 years old.

Where's the excuse in the state running schools like that? Really? There isn't an excuse, it's just bad performance from the teaching profession.

Where's the help for kids who don't have family support at home?

Let's put it this way. I've seen good schools in bad areas in other countries. I've seen situations where kids have been told off for being late. They were asked why and the answer was "I had to take my younger brother and sister to primary school", someone rang up the parents "Hey, can you wake your kid up earlier so he can take his siblings to school and get to school on time?" The response "No" or something like that.

So what happened? Was the kid just abandoned? No. The person in charge of the year group rang the boy up EVERY DAY to wake him up because the parents wouldn't. Why? Because they knew there were two choices. One, let the boy rot because he was unfortunate to be born to a bunch of druggies or whatever they were, or two, try and help him to reach his potential.

I've seen schools where kids are sent off to do training which is more suited to them than academic learning. I've seen schools which tailor their education to the sort of things the kids want to do in the future.

I've seen schools that really work, and I've seen the energy required to make this happen. It requires a lot of money to pay people what they're worth, move the right people into the right places. And yes, it does happen in the US, but I suspect it's more a minority than anything else, especially where it's really needed, in inner city areas.

And I've just spoke of education.

You want to blame the kids for trying to grow up their way? Why not blame the politicians who have messed up education, those who haven't bothered to make sure it really works?

Same here. But then again if you've been brought up in poverty, and you haven't been told to do studying and it doesn't come easy to you in a system which really only targets one type of student learning, then are you going to continue to bang your head against the table or are you going to go do something else?

It's not looking for excuses. It's looking for reasons WHY things happen and then acting in an intelligent manner to stop these things from happen.

I'd bet that most kids in run down inner city schools, especially boys, are being taught wrong. They're getting the one size fits all education, here, sit down and write this and then when you're bad at it I'm going to tell you that you're bad at it and you'll fail all your exams and hate education by the time you're 12 years old.

Where's the excuse in the state running schools like that? Really? There isn't an excuse, it's just bad performance from the teaching profession.

Where's the help for kids who don't have family support at home?

Let's put it this way. I've seen good schools in bad areas in other countries. I've seen situations where kids have been told off for being late. They were asked why and the answer was "I had to take my younger brother and sister to primary school", someone rang up the parents "Hey, can you wake your kid up earlier so he can take his siblings to school and get to school on time?" The response "No" or something like that.

So what happened? Was the kid just abandoned? No. The person in charge of the year group rang the boy up EVERY DAY to wake him up because the parents wouldn't. Why? Because they knew there were two choices. One, let the boy rot because he was unfortunate to be born to a bunch of druggies or whatever they were, or two, try and help him to reach his potential.

I've seen schools where kids are sent off to do training which is more suited to them than academic learning. I've seen schools which tailor their education to the sort of things the kids want to do in the future.

I've seen schools that really work, and I've seen the energy required to make this happen. It requires a lot of money to pay people what they're worth, move the right people into the right places. And yes, it does happen in the US, but I suspect it's more a minority than anything else, especially where it's really needed, in inner city areas.

And I've just spoke of education.

You want to blame the kids for trying to grow up their way? Why not blame the politicians who have messed up education, those who haven't bothered to make sure it really works?

My parents were poor and didn't support my education.

Sorry, but a poor excuse is still an excuse.

You implication is that the only hate crimes are committed against blacks. Without the facts I am thinking that the rise may be against Jews then blacks. OR maybe they are counting the crime of the "knock out" game as a hate crime. But I don't think they consider targetting a white person and knocking them out with a sucker punch a hate crime, merely boys being boys.

Nice graph, nice innuendo, now where are the facts?

I guess that's why I mentioned a spike in hate crimes in 2004 because people targeting Arabs huh?

Hate crimes can be against any group. However has been a rise far right groups of the sort the Stephen "Don" Black, Preston Wiginton and other nasty pieces of s*** are involved in. These groups are also looking outside of the US and have had links with other European far right groups, like the almost dead BNP in the UK, and no doubt with those in Holland and Germany and other such places. The internet has helped them a lot with this.

No doubt you're looking for the one fact that tells the whole story. Sorry to tell you but you're actually going to have to do a lot of adding up with different information that paints a picture. I was adding information to someone who has a first hand account of an increase in racism.

There isn't a record of ever mention of racism towards black people in the US by other groups. It won't happen. Racism comes in many guises, as the lynching of a black person by the KKK way back when to very, very subtle racism that you can hardly even notice.

The first bold is just your opinion, not fact. As I remember folks predicted a backlash that never happened. Without facts we are just discussing opinions and my opinion is that yours is wrong.

No s*** it's just my opinion. First I get told I'm not taking into consideration other races. Then I get told it's just my opinion when I clearly did take other races into consideration.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

There wasn't a backlash? Hmm, not what I seem to remember happening. It may not have been as bad as some people expected, but it happened, and hate crimes happened.

again. What's the point here?

First you have a go at me for supposedly claiming all hate crime was against black people, when I didn't, now you're trying to tell me not much of it was against arab looking people.

Surely, somewhere, you have something resembling a brain to be able to actually debate this instead of just attacking everything I say without any logic or purpose.

So? What's your point here?

That because you did everyone else will do it?

You haven't said where you lived. You haven't said anything about your school. You haven't said anything about your ability with traditional education. There are hundreds and thousands of variables that make what you have just said almost nothing.

I went to a poor school, I was brought up without money, and I've done okay for myself. I believe had I gone to a better school, one that actually helped me, it might have made things easier for me. I was average to good at academic things. However I didn't grow up in a large urban area with gangs around. I didn't have the chance to make that sort of mistake that can happen.

So what?

The next person along is different to me.

The point here is on the LARGER scale. The fact that plenty of people ARE failing and being failed by society. Crime happens, poverty is more debilitating in the US, especially inner cities. But everyone has their little book of "well it's the individual's fault, so we don't need to do anything about it, right? I mean, it costs money and really do we want to spend money on people who'd just take our kids' jobs anyway? Nah, let them rot."

Ever heard the expression "standing on the shoulders of giants", Isaac Newton said it.

The poor in inner cities in the US are standing on the shoulders of gang members and criminals.

So? What's your point here?

That because you did everyone else will do it?

You haven't said where you lived. You haven't said anything about your school. You haven't said anything about your ability with traditional education. There are hundreds and thousands of variables that make what you have just said almost nothing.

I went to a poor school, I was brought up without money, and I've done okay for myself. I believe had I gone to a better school, one that actually helped me, it might have made things easier for me. I was average to good at academic things. However I didn't grow up in a large urban area with gangs around. I didn't have the chance to make that sort of mistake that can happen.

So what?

The next person along is different to me.

The point here is on the LARGER scale. The fact that plenty of people ARE failing and being failed by society. Crime happens, poverty is more debilitating in the US, especially inner cities. But everyone has their little book of "well it's the individual's fault, so we don't need to do anything about it, right? I mean, it costs money and really do we want to spend money on people who'd just take our kids' jobs anyway? Nah, let them rot."

Ever heard the expression "standing on the shoulders of giants", Isaac Newton said it.

The poor in inner cities in the US are standing on the shoulders of gang members and criminals.

I'm not going to give you any details of my personal life other than this; If you're raised to expect handouts that's the best you can expect from life. If you're raised to be accountable for your own actions and are self-motivated, you can succeed. If you're afraid to push the limits then you will always be limited. If you're content to be poor and are comfortable with it you have no right to be envious of others and expect them to give you anything. Having to work for something makes one more appreciative of it's value, but something you didn't earn has no value

No, it's convenient for you. You keep them poor then manipulate them. Why is their success on me? That's bull. This is a great country, every door is open. They just have to walk through it. LOL, you're not a liberal, that's comical. You're a stereotype liberal.

Oh, right, so I would like to improve their health, their education, their job prospects, their chances in life because, apparently I WANT TO KEEP THEM POOR.

How did you end up in this discussion anyway, you poison all the topics you end up on, I've half a mind to block you soon.

THEY need to improve their health, their education, their job prospects, their chances in life.

You can't give people that any more than you can teach them to fish by giving them fish.

As the slave picks up a tree branch to protect himself from from his plantation owner who is raising a whip to beat him, the slave owner says the following:

"Your actions in defying my lawful authority, and encouraging disobedience among your fellow slaves, and finally running away is sowing racial discord on our otherwise peaceful and harmonious God-given plantation which is a blessing from the Lord." You must be punished in accordance with our laws in order that we may reestablish the racial harmony which has benefited you and your family as well as me and mine."

Sounds as if you were there and took part!

I wasn't. But if someone like me was there back in those day, those Southern conservatives would have labeled him a ******-lover.

I'm not going to give you any details of my personal life other than this; If you're raised to expect handouts that's the best you can expect from life. If you're raised to be accountable for your own actions and are self-motivated, you can succeed. If you're afraid to push the limits then you will always be limited. If you're content to be poor and are comfortable with it you have no right to be envious of others and expect them to give you anything. Having to work for something makes one more appreciative of it's value, but something you didn't earn has no value

I don't expect you to give personal details, however you're trying to use yourself as an example.

There's a big difference from accepting handouts to being helped to grow into a decent productive adult. Is it a handout to give a kid a decent education and emotional and moral support when they don't have this coming from home? I don't think so. I think this is just what the govt is there for.

The country and society need well educated adults to be able to compete internationally. Business owners need well educated adults to fill their jobs so they can compete internationally.

You say having to work for something makes on appreciate its value. But at the same time growing up in a society where you're constantly told you are at the back and you'll never achieve anything, you're never going to get to the point where you can appreciate its value.

How many kids don't appreciate the value of family support, moral support, emotional support because they've never had it? Then they find it in gangs, to a certain extent. They're going to appreciate what the gangs give them, and despise those who tell them the gangs are wrong, that crime is wrong etc.

If you have a decent education system which allows kids, not matter their preference for earning style, to advance and succeed, then yes, they might just appreciate what they've worked so hard to achieve. Give them no achieving, they're not going to appreciate it, are they?

THEY need to improve their health, their education, their job prospects, their chances in life.

You can't give people that any more than you can teach them to fish by giving them fish.

Funny you should use such a quote.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Education is showing hi how to catch a fish. Give a kid a decent education, and you give them the skills to be able to go out into the world. Fob them off with things like "everyone can make it in the USA" or "try harder, you're a failure" is giving them a fish.

I makes you feel good, like giving money to a
beggar, but it doesn't solve anything.

I don't expect you to give personal details, however you're trying to use yourself as an example.

There's a big difference from accepting handouts to being helped to grow into a decent productive adult. Is it a handout to give a kid a decent education and emotional and moral support when they don't have this coming from home? I don't think so. I think this is just what the govt is there for.

The country and society need well educated adults to be able to compete internationally. Business owners need well educated adults to fill their jobs so they can compete internationally.

You say having to work for something makes on appreciate its value. But at the same time growing up in a society where you're constantly told you are at the back and you'll never achieve anything, you're never going to get to the point where you can appreciate its value.

How many kids don't appreciate the value of family support, moral support, emotional support because they've never had it? Then they find it in gangs, to a certain extent. They're going to appreciate what the gangs give them, and despise those who tell them the gangs are wrong, that crime is wrong etc.

If you have a decent education system which allows kids, not matter their preference for earning style, to advance and succeed, then yes, they might just appreciate what they've worked so hard to achieve. Give them no achieving, they're not going to appreciate it, are they?

I was in a program like that before high school. Computer lessons learned at your own pace. Best way of learning I ever tried.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Education is showing hi how to catch a fish. Give a kid a decent education, and you give them the skills to be able to go out into the world. Fob them off with things like "everyone can make it in the USA" or "try harder, you're a failure" is giving them a fish.

And if you think government money is being used to teach anyone to fish then you are mind blowingly insane. You really aren't following the conversation. Liberals need to stop lying to blacks and telling them not to try because the system is rigged against them. It's not. You are against them. Keep them dependent, keep their vote. It's the liberal way.

And if you think government money is being used to teach anyone to fish then you are mind blowingly insane. You really aren't following the conversation. Liberals need to stop lying to blacks and telling them not to try because the system is rigged against them. It's not. You are against them. Keep them dependent, keep their vote. It's the liberal way.

sigh!

sigh!

It gets tiring after a while, doesn't it? Good try, though. There are lots of them here. Time spent on one almost never pays off with another.

Is there any race of humans that whites haven't severely fucked over? I can't think of any.
OH? How so?
Look you peyote smoking bone smuggler, your people spent centuries enslaving each other, slaughtering each other and eating their own offspring.
So shut the fuck up...And, You are ALL descended from....wait for it.......WHITE Europeans.....
Schmuck.
So you can take your sense of moral superiority and cram it in your shit encrusted crack.

Actually, we are all descendants of dark blacks in Africa. Lucy was our mommy...
I didn't come from a monkey named Lucy.

No doubt that's a relief to her descendants.

No, the feeling is coming from the poor people who see they have simply been left to rot in ghettos in the city.

That's the problem with too many "poor people." They are waiting for other people to change their circumstances. That is in fact why most of them are poor.

How do you change your circumstance if you're poor? How EXACTLY?

Forum List

Back