Obama: America's 'Deeply Rooted' Racism Will Take Time To Tackle

No, the feeling is coming from the poor people who see they have simply been left to rot in ghettos in the city.

That's the problem with too many "poor people." They are waiting for other people to change their circumstances. That is in fact why most of them are poor.

How do you change your circumstance if you're poor? How EXACTLY?

Oh...oh....oh.....I KNOW!!!!!

Get a job and work hard. That's all you need to do. There is always a job for you if you want it. All you have to do is get it and work hard. Everyone who works hard will succeed.

Simple, huh!??!!

How do the many, many, many, many people who start out poor improve their lives?

This is a serious question?

In case it is, the formula is fairly consistent: You don't allow your circumstances to stop you; you learn every time you fail and avoid repeating what caused the failure; you keep your standards and expectations high; you don't fall victim to excuse-making and finger pointing; you stay disciplined and sacrifice; you take advantage of every available opportunity to improve your skills; you do an excellent job at work, regardless of your position; you stay on track and you stay patient; you build on each success and learn from every misstep.

You put a higher priority on being happy than on being "rich".

Was this answer really necessary?

No, the feeling is coming from the poor people who see they have simply been left to rot in ghettos in the city.

That's the problem with too many "poor people." They are waiting for other people to change their circumstances. That is in fact why most of them are poor.

Just like anyone else. Clean yourself up. Get a job somewhere that will give you a chance, say Wal Mart for example. Show up to work on time, do your job, save money. Once you've been there for a year or two, leverage that to find a better job. Keep going from there. How else would one do it? You start from where you are and move forward.

They should also invest in their kids. That's how immigrants do it here, and they often don't even speak English.

Get a job and work hard. That's all you need to do. There is always a job for you if you want it. All you have to do is get it and work hard. Everyone who works hard will succeed.

Simple, huh!??!!

Pretty much.... or, you can sit on your ass and play the victim.

Simple, huh!??!!

Do you even know what the word, circumstances, means? Getting a job doesn't change you're circumstances if you're poor. Getting a job changes your status if you're unemployed, but WEALTH changes your circumstances if you're poor.

The simple truth of the matter is that plenty of poor people work. They just don't make much more than what it takes to limp along in poverty. They can put food on the table, but it probably is not very good food. It will be cheap food. They can afford a car, but not a new one and maybe not even a reliable one. When people are poor, they live paycheck to paycheck. They aren't as worried about getting ahead as they are about falling even further behind.

Last edited:

How do the many, many, many, many people who start out poor improve their lives?

This is a serious question?

In case it is, the formula is fairly consistent: You don't allow your circumstances to stop you; you learn every time you fail and avoid repeating what caused the failure; you keep your standards and expectations high; you don't fall victim to excuse-making and finger pointing; you stay disciplined and sacrifice; you take advantage of every available opportunity to improve your skills; you do an excellent job at work, regardless of your position; you stay on track and you stay patient; you build on each success and learn from every misstep.

You put a higher priority on being happy than on being "rich".

Was this answer really necessary?

Says a person who grew up with two parents who were educated, never lived in an unsafe community, went to well resourced schools, never missed a meal and was expected to go to college.

YOU HAVE NO CLUE.

Simple, huh!??!!

Do you even know what the word, circumstances, means? Getting a job doesn't change your circumstances if your poor. Getting a job changes your status if you're unemployed, but WEALTH changes your circumstances if you're poor.

The simple truth of the matter is that plenty of poor people work. They just don't make much more than what it takes to limp along in poverty. They can put food on the table, but probably not very good food. It will be cheap food. They can afford a car, but not a new one and maybe not even a reliable one. When people are poor, they live paycheck to paycheck. They aren't as worried about getting ahead as they are about falling even further behind.

It really is sad that so many people in this country feel this way.

You're poor, it's hopeless.

Even worse that this kind of attitude is promoted.

Simple, huh!??!!

Yes, and it's dead on correct.

Simple, huh!??!!

Do you even know what the word, circumstances, means? Getting a job doesn't change your circumstances if your poor. Getting a job changes your status if you're unemployed, but WEALTH changes your circumstances if you're poor.

The simple truth of the matter is that plenty of poor people work. They just don't make much more than what it takes to limp along in poverty. They can put food on the table, but probably not very good food. It will be cheap food. They can afford a car, but not a new one and maybe not even a reliable one. When people are poor, they live paycheck to paycheck. They aren't as worried about getting ahead as they are about falling even further behind.

Check your sarcasm meter, bro. It ain't workin'.

Fucking idiots. MOST Poor people work HARDER THAN YOU DO. They work harder than I do. It takes more than hard work. Mother-fucking arrogant assholes.

Simple, huh!??!!

Do you even know what the word, circumstances, means? Getting a job doesn't change you're circumstances if you're poor. Getting a job changes your status if you're unemployed, but WEALTH changes your circumstances if you're poor.

So you don't get the connection between work and money? Seriously?

The simple truth of the matter is that plenty of poor people work. They just don't make much more than what it takes to limp along in poverty. They can put food on the table, but it probably is not very good food. It will be cheap food. They can afford a car, but not a new one and maybe not even a reliable one. When people are poor, they live paycheck to paycheck. They aren't as worried about getting ahead as they are about falling even further behind.

They need to make better decisions. Work harder. Spend less. Americans, even "poor" ones, are among the wealthiest in the world. That they can't work harder and smarter and be responsible and make more is ridiculous. How old are you that you never learned that?

No, he hasn't done much. I'm not sure what a President could do that would improve things right not. He's the executive. Being president and black has helped a little, it's shown people it can be done, but for many that's not enough. Obama didn't come from poverty to his position.
Oh brother! Do we now have to endure an " I hate Whitey" minority becoming president only this time coming from an impoverished background?

Last edited:
I have ONE black friend. Been friends for 35 years now. My friend is 63. His daddy grew up in Alabama. His daddy knew racism very well. My friend grew up in the civil rights era. He also know's a form of racism.

My black friends opinion is that racism has grown MUCH worse since Obama was elected.
And he blames this on the racist white folk that lost their shit when a black guy was elected POTUS.
I believe my friends first hand knowledge of racism is a better indicator that racism is alive and well than some asshole on the 'Net claiming that racism isn't an issue. Or that is was a black President promoting racism. Or that is was the Democrats promoting racism.

It was bigots in the Republican party that were given a cause (black President) to bring out their hatred of blacks
and put that hatred on display. Again.
You and Sambo are full of shit!

Dude, nobody feels that way if they're being honest.

What you need to do is move on, because what happened to somebody you didn't even know has nothing to do with you. Do you really want us to feel sympathetic to you because of our history? Have you ever picked cotton from Sun up to Sun down? Highly doubtful.

My guess is you feel because somebody doesn't hire your ass it's because you're black, not because you came off the wrong way or were ill-prepared for the interview. Or how about that asshole that called you a n****r because you walk around with a chip on your shoulder. Ever think that asshole is like that to just about everyone?

Oh, and saying only blacks can understand racism is the very definition of racism. Blacks have been getting away with that Bullshit as long as I can remember. I believe it's a major contributor to the problem, one that is self-fulfilling. Until blacks start thinking of themselves as human-beings instead of always black first they well never learn to get along with others.

The problem here is one of people feeling they are being let down massively. Until you get rid of that feeling, people are going to jump on anything and everything as an excuse.

Not much is being done to solve these problems, in fact the right seem to be intent on exacerbating the difficulty of poor people and those in poverty to stay where they are.

The right isn't doing anything other than reacting to the constant line of Bullshit coming out of the Whitehouse. This is where that "feeling" comes from bud.

They need to run from the Democrat Party.

No, it's convenient for you. You keep them poor then manipulate them. Why is their success on me? That's bull. This is a great country, every door is open. They just have to walk through it. LOL, you're not a liberal, that's comical. You're a stereotype liberal.

Oh, right, so I would like to improve their health, their education, their job prospects, their chances in life because, apparently I WANT TO KEEP THEM POOR.

Er... can you explain how anything I have said would lead to keeping them poor?

How did you end up in this discussion anyway, you poison all the topics you end up on, I've half a mind to block you soon.
You don't want to face the Truth.

Forum List

Back