Obama admits he's a Muslim

"John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith." - Barack Obama

Washington Times - Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics

Good for him. I'd have no problem voting for a Muslim if he/she shared my values. Obama does not share my values, but his candor and honesty are to be commended.

Even the Obama campaign pointed out it was only the washingtontimes who was doing something about this.

One can easily make such a mistake if he was talking about both religions. He then quickly corrected himself.

I think by now if he was Muslim that there be more evidence out there. He's been doing this Campaign for more then eighteen months or so by now.

Why is it a "mistake"? :confused:

There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim.

I give him major props for his honesty.

We'll see what the American people think.

JMHO

If he is a Muslim, I have no problem with the man.

However, we both know that America would practically riot and that'd he lose badly. Since 9/11, the hate against Muslim people in this country has reached almost reached the levels of the Japanese, Italians, and Germans during World War II (except we haven't put the Muslims into any sort of camps).

Out of 100 non-muslims, if you go on a plane with one I'm willing to bet least half those people feel uncomfortable.

Never mind the amount of racial profiling that occurs at airports.

Lets not be naive here Ninja.

Good for him. I'd have no problem voting for a Muslim if he/she shared my values. Obama does not share my values, but his candor and honesty are to be commended.

Washington Times:

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/07/obama-verbal-slip-fuels-his-critics/

If he is a Muslim, I have no problem with the man.

However, we both know that America would practically riot and that'd he lose badly. Since 9/11, the hate against Muslim people in this country has reached almost reached the levels of the Japanese, Italians, and Germans during World War II (except we haven't put the Muslims into any sort of camps).

Out of 100 non-muslims, if you go on a plane with one I'm willing to bet least half those people feel uncomfortable.

Never mind the amount of racial profiling that occurs at airports.

Lets not be naive here Ninja.
Wow you've just proven yourself wrong in the same sentence. :badgrin:

My fraternal grandfather used to have his house vandalized and was verbally threatened many times back in the 40's, and he was the 3rd generation in America, from Germany.

Thank you so much for proving the obvious characteristics of the Republican party every time you open your mouth. He was talking about a SMEAR campaign the McCain camp was doing just like what you're doing now. Keep on proving exactly what Republicans do

There is an old saying Ninja you might want to learn, "Its one thing to be an idiot, but its a whole different thing to open your mouth and prove it to the rest of the world." Words for you to live by

"Its one thing to be an idiot, but its a whole different thing to open your mouth and prove it to the rest of the world."

Doubt you're a very good teacher, but if you've imparted any life lesson upon your students it's this one - by example :lol:

And I am no kind of bigot sir - theology may b a huge issue for some people - but not me.

Wow you've just proven yourself wrong in the same sentence. :badgrin:

My fraternal grandfather used to have his house vandalized and was verbally threatened many times back in the 40's, and he was the 3rd generation in America, from Germany.

How did I prove myself wrong?

I said almost reached the levels (unless you can't read?) because of that said reason. We haven't thrown them into any sort of camps yet because of who they are.

Trust me, your talking to someone who knows his history here.

The only thing you proved in that sentence is you seem to need to grasp the English Language a bit better.

(except we haven't put the Muslims into any sort of camps).

Ever heard of Guantanamo?

Obama doesn't really need to be an official Muslim -- he's already shown that his loyalty lies with them, and not Americans. So, good enough. He can go to his "Christian" church all he wants, but I don't know how many "Christian" churches talk about "God damn America" and kill whitey and such. Obama wants to "talk" with the Muslims, i.e., ask what they want and deliver it up for them.

Last edited:
How did I prove myself wrong?

I said almost reached the levels (unless you can't read?) because of that said reason. We haven't thrown them into any sort of camps yet because of who they are.

Trust me, your talking to someone who knows his history here.

The only thing you proved in that sentence is you seem to need to grasp the English Language a bit better.
Why would I trust you, since you accuse me of not being able to read, while it is obvious that it is you with the problem of logic and putting it to words.

You proved yourself wrong because an obvious measure of "hate" is rounding up groups and carting them off to camps. Since this wasn't done after 9-11 but was done after Pearl Harbor it is safe to say that more hate existed in America back then. Or perhaps it was just due to the fact that a Democrat was in charge. :badgrin:

Just remember how badly the Dems are paying now for CNN/MSNBC/NY Times attacks on Palin. They backfired terribly, and the O/B campaign wasn't even involved. Same with this nonsense about Obama being Muslim, any Mc/P supporter should stop it, only builds up support for the other candidate, even if the campaign isn't directly involved.

Just remember how badly the Dems are paying now for CNN/MSNBC/NY Times attacks on Palin. They backfired terribly, and the O/B campaign wasn't even involved. Same with this nonsense about Obama being Muslim, any Mc/P supporter should stop it, only builds up support for the other candidate, even if the campaign isn't directly involved.
There's more women than muslims, and its not the big media pulling this shit, just little hacks like all of us. :lol:

Forum List

Back