Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

Fox, you are focusing on the seat change. I have already conceded that wasn't the admin.

But ...

Before her comments she was called on every presser. How many years did Bush refuse to call on Thomas after what she said?

And what happened to ending every presser with "Thank you Mr. President."

Face it, the Bush Admin practiced reprisal against her for what she said.

In your opinion. And maybe it went down that way. But an objective review of the facts doesn't back up your opinion. If you have anything other than opinion about that from any credible source, let's see it. That could change my opinion.

Until then my opinion is as good as your opinion.

If you want to explain why she wasn't called on for three years after saying she was covering the worst President in history when prior that she was called on by him every presser I am all ears/eyes.

I can't explain it. I only know there were many reporters who didn't get called on. I haven't done an analysis to see if reporters other than those representing news organizations were called on. Have you? If not, then again it is just your opinion.

But realistically, to at least give consideration to your point, if you were President, would you give questions to those you trust to be objective and unbiased? Or would you give questions to one who has publically stated that you're the worst president in history?

Yes, I beleive there was; I requested an example and got one as in I asked for an example of murder and you gave me one for battery......*shrugs*

I think the Bush admin shutting out Thomas from questions for three years and embarrassing her by taking away the presser ending was worse ;)

At least the Obama admin can half assed play the "not enough space card" though is clearly BS... what was the Bush admin's excuse?

How was it worse than Obama retaliating against entire organizations for one reporter reporting a story about a protest, or not allowing the local paper access to events in that city because then ran a story written by a potential candidate on the front page?

I think what the Bush admin did to Thomas was more blatant and on a national scale.

So to recap, according to Libo:

Dem admin reprisal against reporters is bad.

GOP admin reprisal against reporters isn't.

Both cases were Dem Admin reprisals. Helen Thomas was booted by your guys in this current Administration. She's a hateful little creep who got what she deserved. Looks like DA BOOOOSH knew she was a little creep too. It doesn't matter though because it's all apples & oranges. But even if it's not,Helen Thomas got what was coming to her. The Boston Herald does not deserve this treatment.

Last edited:
Fox, you are focusing on the seat change. I have already conceded that wasn't the admin.

But ...

Before her comments she was called on every presser. How many years did Bush refuse to call on Thomas after what she said?

Do you think the fact that she went from being a reporter for one of the largest news organizations in the world to being a syndicated columnist might have had something to do with not getting to ask questions? The API, UPI, and the top TV news should take priority over a lowly columnist in a presidential press conference. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Please, keep arguing that Thomas was just as bad. As more people post information about what happened I become more convinced that Bush might not have been all that petty.

In your opinion. And maybe it went down that way. But an objective review of the facts doesn't back up your opinion. If you have anything other than opinion about that from any credible source, let's see it. That could change my opinion.

Until then my opinion is as good as your opinion.

If you want to explain why she wasn't called on for three years after saying she was covering the worst President in history when prior that she was called on by him every presser I am all ears/eyes.

I can't explain it. I only know there were many reporters who didn't get called on. I haven't done an analysis to see if reporters other than those representing news organizations were called on. Have you? If not, then again it is just your opinion.

But realistically, to at least give consideration to your point, if you were President, would you give questions to those you trust to be objective and unbiased? Or would you give questions to one who has publically stated that you're the worst president in history?

Obviously, I would call on the prior first. Following that line tho Obama should never take a FOXNews question.

And to counter your question if you had "limited" amount of space for press at you event would you be more or less inclined to given credentials to those who report negatively on you?

So to recap, according to Libo:

Dem admin reprisal against reporters is bad.

GOP admin reprisal against reporters isn't.

Both cases were Dem Admin reprisals you dummy. Helen Thomas was booted by your guys in this current Administration. She's a hateful little creep who got what she deserved. Looks like the DA BOOOOSH knew she was a little creep too. It doesn't matter though because it's all apples & oranges. But even if it's not,Helen Thomas got what was coming to her. The Boston Herald does not deserve this treatment.

Unsurprisingly, you are purposely ignoring what the Bush Admin did to Thomas.

So then you recall that I didn't post it to justify the Obama admin's behavior. An example of another admin "doing it" was requested. I didn't just scream BOOOSSHH.

Yes you did.

The Bush administration retaliated against a reporter because of what she said. The Obama administration retaliates against reporters because of stories their paper prints.

No, I didn't. Answering the bell to come up with an example of another admin "doing it" when requested is not justifying what the Obama admin did. I have clearly said what they did was wrong. Next.

It is not an example of the same thing at all. I do not see why you insist that it is.

But ...

Do you think the fact that she went from being a reporter for one of the largest news organizations in the world to being a syndicated columnist might have had something to do with not getting to ask questions? The API, UPI, and the top TV news should take priority over a lowly columnist in a presidential press conference. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Please, keep arguing that Thomas was just as bad. As more people post information about what happened I become more convinced that Bush might not have been all that petty.

No.

Yes you did.

The Bush administration retaliated against a reporter because of what she said. The Obama administration retaliates against reporters because of stories their paper prints.

No, I didn't. Answering the bell to come up with an example of another admin "doing it" when requested is not justifying what the Obama admin did. I have clearly said what they did was wrong. Next.

It is not an example of the same thing at all. I do not see why you insist that it is.

Yeah it is. But I know why you are insisting it isn't.

But ...

No.

She should get to ask questions just because she is the oldest person there, even though the President has limited time, and real news organizations are sitting there with questions of their own.

Got it.

If it makes you feel better to justify the clear three year snub that way, have at it, guy.

If it makes you feel better to justify the clear three year snub that way, have at it, guy.

I am not justifying anything.

After I recieved more facts I realized that the only reason she was in the press conferences at all is the other reporters decided she should keep a seat because she had been there longer than most of them had been alive. You started this by claiming the White House took away her seat, which you now admit you were wrong about. You now insist that the White House also took away her right to say thank you, which may be true, and that this is as bad as the current administration refusing to let a local reporter cover a local event because they ran a front page op ed by a former governor.

One of us has a serious disconnect with reality. If you want a clue as to which it is, have you noticed that you are the only one that is still offering any defense of the Obama administration?

The old "It's ok because the other guys did it too" defense really is pretty lame and especially lame when you use a hateful bigot like Helen Thomas for that defense. This current Administration actually gave her the boot. DA BOOOOOSH did not do it. Why can't people just do the right thing and say what this Administration is dong to the Boston Herald is wrong and unjust? It really would be refreshing to see more of that.

After I recieved more facts I realized that the only reason she was in the press conferences at all is the other reporters decided she should keep a seat because she had been there longer than most of them had been alive. You started this by claiming the White House took away her seat, which you now admit you were wrong about. You now insist that the White House also took away her right to say thank you, which may be true, and that this is as bad as the current administration refusing to let a local reporter cover a local event because they ran a front page op ed by a former governor.

One of us has a serious disconnect with reality. If you want a clue as to which it is, have you noticed that you are the only one that is still offering any defense of the Obama administration?

You left of the three year wait between questions.

And I'm not offering this as a defense of the Obama administration. Do try to follow the conversation please.

I have said what they did was wrong....several times now. Yet I don't see any other lefties chiming in to even do that.

You disagree with my opinion that what the Bush Admin did to Thomas was worse. I get it. I don't agree with yours that what the Obama admin did was worse. Ho hum. Life goes on.

Last edited:
The old "It's ok because the other guys did it too" defense really is pretty lame and especially lame when you use a hateful bigot like Helen Thomas for that defense. This current Administration actually gave her the boot. DA BOOOOOSH did not do it. Why can't people just do the right thing and say what this Administration is dong to the Boston Herald is wrong and unjust? It really would be refreshing to see more of that.

It's been said. By me.

Why can't you just do the right thing and say what DA BOOOOOSHH admin did to Thomas was wrong and unjust?

Yes, I beleive there was; I requested an example and got one as in I asked for an example of murder and you gave me one for battery......*shrugs*

I think the Bush admin shutting out Thomas from questions for three years and embarrassing her by taking away the presser ending was worse ;)

At least the Obama admin can half assed play the "not enough space card" though is clearly BS... what was the Bush admin's excuse?

:rolleyes:

there ya go again.

So?

You think what the Obama admin did was worse.

:rolleyes: , yourself

And I'm not offering this as a defense of the Obama administration. Do try to follow the conversation please.

I have said what they did was wrong....several times now. Yet I don't see any other lefties chiming in to even do that.

You agree with my opinion that what the Bush Admin did to Thomas was worse. I get it. I don't agree with yours that what the Obama admin did was worse. Ho hum. Life goes on.

Except for the fact Helen Thomas is a hateful little troll and not comparable to the Boston Herald. Even your own people gave her the boot. So yes,what this Administration is doing to the Boston Herald is worse in my opinion. Helen Thomas was outed for what she really is. So DA BOOOOOOSH had it right on her all along. She should have been booted a long time ago.

You agree with my opinion that what the Bush Admin did to Thomas was worse. I get it. I don't agree with yours that what the Obama admin did was worse. Ho hum. Life goes on.

Except for the fact Helen Thomas is a hateful little troll and not comparable to the Boston Herald. Even your own people gave her the boot. So yes,what this Administration is doing to the Boston Herald is worse in my opinion. Helen Thomas was outed for what she really is. So DA BOOOOOOSH had it right on her all along. She should have been booted a long time ago.

No worries. We all know that he will just make another "Helen Thomas is a racist" blah blah blah post ... he's a troll.

:doubt:

The White House DID NOT take away her right to say "Thank you Mr. President". That was her choice and her choice alone. But she was on a roll there for awhile. Not only did we have the "President Bush is the worst president in history" statement, which she finally wrote a note of apology to the White House about, but she also said that the day Dick Cheney is elected President she'll kill herself, and got into it with Perino:

I'll use the Wiki source since I know this to be accurate and I could find it more quickly there:

In a press conference on November 30, 2007, Thomas questioned White House Press Secretary Dana Perino as to why Americans should depend on General David Petraeus in determining when to re-deploy U.S troops from Iraq. Perino began to answer when Thomas interjected with "You mean how many more people we kill?" Perino immediately took offense, responding,

Helen, I find it really unfortunate that you use your front row position, bestowed upon you by your colleagues, to make such statements. This is a...it is an honor and a privilege to be in the briefing room, and to suggest that we, the United States, are killing innocent people is just absurd and very offensive.

So perhaps Helen just being Helen is why she didn't get questions. And again, would that be retaliation or just not giving a meanspirited ideologue a forum when there were serious reporters present who would ask serious questions?

It's been said. By me.

Why can't you just do the right thing and say what DA BOOOOOSHH admin did to Thomas was wrong and unjust?

Libo does tend to be less anti-republican than he is anti-democrat, I haven't figured out why yet but it might be because democrats are in power now for the most part.

Forum List

Back