Obama 54-45% among those who have already voted

NYC and Boston won't vote until next week.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Obama is squashing mccain in early voting in a whole heck of a lot of red states. If it's this bad with mccain's red states, imagine how bad it'll be next week when nyc, boston and vermont get to vote. can you say massive landslide?

mccain should just drop out now to avoid himself the embarrassment.
Everyone knows at how Liberal Massachusetts and New York will vote, and they have been written off long ago. Aren't you glad that your vote is meaningless in the electoral college? :D

But again, even urban areas in red states are heavily populated with liberals. Even in my small county, unabashedly conservative, if you analyze it according to precinct, you'll see that the more concentrated the population, the more liberal. Its a fucking fact and it totally destroys the premise of your argument, so my guess is that you will continue to ignore it. :badgrin:

NYC and Boston won't vote until next week.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Obama is squashing mccain in early voting in a whole heck of a lot of red states. If it's this bad with mccain's red states, imagine how bad it'll be next week when nyc, boston and vermont get to vote. can you say massive landslide?

mccain should just drop out now to avoid himself the embarrassment.

my feeling? it doesn't matter if 100% of people in a red state vote for McCain and it makes no difference if 100% of the people in a blue state vote for obama. i agree with bob herbert that the race is going to (and has been) tightening as people who couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for the black dem go for mccain. (I suspect most people who are voting obama already made up their minds about that... just surmise, but based on what I'm hearing, it makes sense).

the fact that McCain is even in North Carolina is far more interesting to me. and i love this analogy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCXWCdyHQxw]YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Political Playbook Oct. 28, 2008[/ame]

And just for your amusement:

For years, North Carolina had been considered a safely Republican state, as no Democrat has won the state since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Holding North Carolina is critical for McCain to have a chance at winning the election next week.

Just two percent (2%) say they are still undecided.

Obama leads among North Carolina voters who have already cast their ballots, while McCain leads among those who have not. Of those who made their choice but have not yet voted, nine percent (9%) say there is still a chance they could change their minds before Election Day.

A big shift this week comes from unaffiliated voters, who heavily favored McCain in the last poll. Those voters now favor Obama by a 20-point margin. McCain manages to pick up support from 15% of Democrats, up from 11% last week, while just six percent (6%) of Republicans say they will vote for Obama.

Men continue to favor McCain by double digits, while women choose Obama 55% to 42%.

McCain has a big lead over Obama among white voters in North Carolina, 61% to 35%. Obama has a dominant 91% to 7% lead among non-white voters.

McCain is viewed favorably by 59% and unfavorably by 40%. For Obama, those ratings are 52% favorable, 47% unfavorable.

Rasmussen Markets data currently gives McCain a 40.0% chance of winning North Carolina’s 15 Electoral College votes on Election Day.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ion_2008_north_carolina_presidential_election

Forum List

Back