NYT: What Mueller Wants to Ask Trump About Obstruction, and What It Means

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
I can't even pick a good paragraph or three to post, I'll just use the opening paragraph. They all appear to be questions he is not going to want to answer, and for good reason I'm sure.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, recently provided President Trump’s lawyers a list of questions he wants answered in an interview. The New York Times obtained the list; here are the questions, along with the context and significance of each. The questions fall into categories based on four broad subjects. They are not quoted verbatim, and some were condensed.

What Mueller Wants to Ask Trump About Obstruction, and What It Means

I can't even pick a good paragraph or three to post, I'll just use the opening paragraph. They all appear to be questions he is not going to want to answer, and for good reason I'm sure.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, recently provided President Trump’s lawyers a list of questions he wants answered in an interview. The New York Times obtained the list; here are the questions, along with the context and significance of each. The questions fall into categories based on four broad subjects. They are not quoted verbatim, and some were condensed.

Trump should tell Mueller to go bugger himself with a wire brush.

In all likelihood he will, because Trump is fucking insane, and honestly doesn't know that the law applies to him.

Plead the 5th? Yep

Plead the 5th? Yep

I'm not sure "on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me" is a path he wants to go down.

i've always admired conservatives for their respect for the rule of law

said no one
They proved how much the law counts under Nixon, Reagan and Bush and now Trump.

0430rr.jpg

The New York Times obtained a list of possible questions for the president.

Special counsel Robert Mueller hopes to ask President Donald Trump dozens of open-ended questions as part of his inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Many of those questions, which were published by The New York Times on Monday, focus on determining if Trump obstructed justice through his firings of FBI Director James Comey and national security adviser Michael Flynn, or his attempts to fire Mueller himself, among other events.

“What efforts were made to reach out to Mr. Flynn about seeking immunity or possible pardon?” reads one of the queries supplied to the Times by an unnamed official separate from the president’s legal team. “What consideration and discussions did you have regarding terminating the special counsel in June of 2017?” another asks.

Read the full list here.

More: What Robert Mueller Reportedly Wants To Ask Donald Trump

So, what will Trump do? Is he willing to talk to Mueller face-to-face? I doubt it...

If he does so under oath, he's crazy. Obviously, he's the dirtiest slime ball in Washington and likely the dirtiest President since Harding. Appearing under oath is almost a guarantee that he will perjure himself and thus lead to his removal from office. Impeachment is nothing...removal from office is what people will remember. Even he would not like the headlines that sort of ignominy would draw.

The answers I gave at my last deposition:

Yes, that is my name.

Yes, that is my address.

I don't recall.

I don't recall.

It is possible.

Please rephrase the question.

I don't recall.

I don't recall.

I don't recall.

I don't recall.

Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend.​