NYT and Trump to Meet

New York Times publisher and Trump clash over president's threats against journalism :: WRAL.com

Sulzberger has some great points. trump is laying out blanket statements about journalism that isn't true. in an "extreme form" yes - but trump himself is an extreme form of whatever the hell he actually is also so maybe he doesn't see it.

yes, most major media outlets cater to a liberal sway. you're in serious denial if you think that isn't true. to me anyway. but that said it was never personal really. not til mid-obama years when he went after attkisson and other journalists who wrote negative stories about obama. obama's attacks on fox i hated at the time because i saw this coming. helen keller should have seen this one coming.

we let bad behavior go on - doesn't matter the reason - the next people coming in will see your bad behavior and raise it. trump simply raised it and made a personal war against the media. if you hate the media like many on the right do - you cheer him on.

this is just as wrong as anyone who cheered obama on when he went after fox. it's just as wrong when you ignore what obama did to journalists because you like him and don't want to believe he could do such things. he did. and he was dead wrong in doing so. letting it happen broke ground for "hold my beer".

and trump is a lot of beer.

both sides need to cut it out. while i agree with a lot of what Sulzberger is saying, he's ignoring their own role in this and if he truly thinks they are unbiased - well let me go look at the NYT right now and see what we have.

we have 2 headlines, trump related, 1 republicans.

trump rattles republicans with threat of a shutdown. trump tweeted it, and the story itself is news related, not a whole lot of emotional or guided emotions there.

economy booms, republicans ignore it on the campaign trail.
click the story now TRUMP is the first word in the headline; but its kinda flattering in that he owns the booming economy but the (R)s are ignoring the success.

also very "news" written - not opinion hiding as news.

Sulzberger refutes trumps tweets / they clash.
this one you expect to be a bit on the emo side and it is. but not in a bad way as it describes how people are not how you should be. the clashes are in fact a story in their own right and i have to say this was done pretty well.

so i'd say 0-3 on the fake news from NYT at least this am. while i have seen iffy articles sourced to them, i don't see them that often and again - not all reporters / media sites are playing this bullshit emo-pleasing of the pawns game. CNN yes. FOX yes. MSNBC yes. then you have slate, rolling stone, vox and many that are openly catering to their base but you have infowars, breitbart and others for the right as well.

but in as much as the war itself goes, they are causing a divide, to be sure. obama started it and openly attacked fox and privately attacked individual journalists and harassed them during his own tenure. if you're going to cry out FREEDOM OF THE PRESS the you must acknowledge what obama did as well in how it was certainly *not* freedom but laying the foundation for this and trump took over and built this up in the true real estate mogul model that he is. if we don't stop it now, what will happen when we flip again sooner or later? will that president escalate it and if so, openly or behind the scenes?

but obama in my mind so far was a far greater threat to the press than trump has been so far. trump is vocal as hell but he's also up front and honest about how he feels.

obama? well i suppose he is also cause he said:

Obama: 'We're going to have to change how the media reports'

I think that the effort to suggest that the poor are sponges, leeches, don’t want to work, are lazy, are undeserving, got traction. And look, it’s still being propagated. I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up. And very rarely do you hear an interview of a waitress, which is much more typical — who is raising a couple of kids and doing everything right but still can’t pay the bills.

And so, if we’re going to change how Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) think, we’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues, and how people’s impressions of what it’s like to struggle in this economy looks like. And how budgets connect to that. And that’s a hard process because that requires a much broader conversation than typically we have on the nightly news.

that is not up to any president to say how a "free press" reports on our issues. yet, i've seen no one else bring up this point of what obama said and when i put it out there, so few take a moment to comment but return to trump bashing.

bash him. he deserves it to be sure. but if you're doing it because of how he treats the press, you need to include obama in those bashings as that is where all this began and where we can clearly see obama wanted our gov to control how things are reported.

who does that again?

Obama Rips Fox: 'We're Going to Have to Change How the Media Reports' | Breitbart

Well for one its true and they are still at it.

For 2: let Breibart give a footnote to what Obama said?? Where is the footnote??
"true" would be your interpretation. but if you don't like trump going after the media, you simply can't condone obama going after them also.

you can't put fox in one corner and the rest of the media in the other and say its ok to bash fox and then get all panties tied upset trump goes after CNN. it's simply return fire. tit for tat. an escalation of what obama started. if you sit around and justify what obama did, then you're just openly hypocritical to bash trump for simply taking it a step further.

trump says SHUT THEM DOWN and shit all the time. stupid yes. but that's our president.
obama says we need to force the media to change how they report things so we can "see" them differently.

if that doesn't scare you to see a president say that - you're a fool.

The Press has a double standard for reporting about the Democrats and Republicans.
The American Media has been anti-Republican for many many decades.
They are not fair or honest.
It's great that Trump has the balls to fight back.
He is not censoring them, he is just fighting back.
There is a real element of cultural bigotry in the Left Wing Press.
The truth is that Liberals loath devote Christians, wasps, mainstream society, middle class white Americans, patriots, Southerners, Midwesterners, Suburbanites and poor white people.

I have never seen a Potus lie so much, every time he opens is mouth he is lying and he knows it. Apparently he has done this all his life, brag and lie.
/----/ Everytime you open your mouth you swallow 15,000 calories of sweet tarts. I'm shocked you aren't diabetic. Don't bother asking for proof or denying it. It's posted on USMB so it must be true.
upload_2018-7-30_11-45-16.jpeg

Trump is a liar. When he stops telling lies every time he opens his mouth, maybe the media won’t call him out on it. But liars don’t like to be called out. They just double down and become angry that no one believes their lies.

The Press has a double standard for reporting about the Democrats and Republicans.
The American Media has been anti-Republican for many many decades.
They are not fair or honest.
It's great that Trump has the balls to fight back.
He is not censoring them, he is just fighting back.
There is a real element of cultural bigotry in the Left Wing Press.
The truth is that Liberals loath devote Christians, wasps, mainstream society, middle class white Americans, patriots, Southerners, Midwesterners, Suburbanites and poor white people.

I have never seen a Potus lie so much, every time he opens is mouth he is lying and he knows it. Apparently he has done this all his life, brag and lie.

You are just jealous because he can almost lie as well as you do!

Trump is a liar. When he stops telling lies every time he opens his mouth, maybe the media won’t call him out on it. But liars don’t like to be called out. They just double down and become angry that no one believes their lies.
/----/ But no one lies as well as you libtards.

Trump's top priority, over anything else, is keeping the base happy.

In this context, that means screaming FAKE NEWS and attacking the press at every opportunity.

You won't see much capitulation from him while he's in office.
nope.

but again - obama was the one wanting to control how we think and change how the press reports events.

amazed how people focus on trump and his 140 characters but miss obama's dissertation of how to dismantle things and remake them in his own way.
Trump supporters love to self project

Trump wouldn't be president if it wasn't for the media -- f'k him and his whining....he loves the NYT that is why he keeps going to them -- he wants to be accepted by the same people he claims to hate more so than the rubes he conned into voting for him

New York Times publisher and Trump clash over president's threats against journalism :: WRAL.com

Sulzberger has some great points. trump is laying out blanket statements about journalism that isn't true. in an "extreme form" yes - but trump himself is an extreme form of whatever the hell he actually is also so maybe he doesn't see it.

yes, most major media outlets cater to a liberal sway. you're in serious denial if you think that isn't true. to me anyway. but that said it was never personal really. not til mid-obama years when he went after attkisson and other journalists who wrote negative stories about obama. obama's attacks on fox i hated at the time because i saw this coming. helen keller should have seen this one coming.

we let bad behavior go on - doesn't matter the reason - the next people coming in will see your bad behavior and raise it. trump simply raised it and made a personal war against the media. if you hate the media like many on the right do - you cheer him on.

this is just as wrong as anyone who cheered obama on when he went after fox. it's just as wrong when you ignore what obama did to journalists because you like him and don't want to believe he could do such things. he did. and he was dead wrong in doing so. letting it happen broke ground for "hold my beer".

and trump is a lot of beer.

both sides need to cut it out. while i agree with a lot of what Sulzberger is saying, he's ignoring their own role in this and if he truly thinks they are unbiased - well let me go look at the NYT right now and see what we have.

we have 2 headlines, trump related, 1 republicans.

trump rattles republicans with threat of a shutdown. trump tweeted it, and the story itself is news related, not a whole lot of emotional or guided emotions there.

economy booms, republicans ignore it on the campaign trail.
click the story now TRUMP is the first word in the headline; but its kinda flattering in that he owns the booming economy but the (R)s are ignoring the success.

also very "news" written - not opinion hiding as news.

Sulzberger refutes trumps tweets / they clash.
this one you expect to be a bit on the emo side and it is. but not in a bad way as it describes how people are not how you should be. the clashes are in fact a story in their own right and i have to say this was done pretty well.

so i'd say 0-3 on the fake news from NYT at least this am. while i have seen iffy articles sourced to them, i don't see them that often and again - not all reporters / media sites are playing this bullshit emo-pleasing of the pawns game. CNN yes. FOX yes. MSNBC yes. then you have slate, rolling stone, vox and many that are openly catering to their base but you have infowars, breitbart and others for the right as well.

but in as much as the war itself goes, they are causing a divide, to be sure. obama started it and openly attacked fox and privately attacked individual journalists and harassed them during his own tenure. if you're going to cry out FREEDOM OF THE PRESS the you must acknowledge what obama did as well in how it was certainly *not* freedom but laying the foundation for this and trump took over and built this up in the true real estate mogul model that he is. if we don't stop it now, what will happen when we flip again sooner or later? will that president escalate it and if so, openly or behind the scenes?

but obama in my mind so far was a far greater threat to the press than trump has been so far. trump is vocal as hell but he's also up front and honest about how he feels.

obama? well i suppose he is also cause he said:

Obama: 'We're going to have to change how the media reports'

I think that the effort to suggest that the poor are sponges, leeches, don’t want to work, are lazy, are undeserving, got traction. And look, it’s still being propagated. I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up. And very rarely do you hear an interview of a waitress, which is much more typical — who is raising a couple of kids and doing everything right but still can’t pay the bills.

And so, if we’re going to change how Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) think, we’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues, and how people’s impressions of what it’s like to struggle in this economy looks like. And how budgets connect to that. And that’s a hard process because that requires a much broader conversation than typically we have on the nightly news.

that is not up to any president to say how a "free press" reports on our issues. yet, i've seen no one else bring up this point of what obama said and when i put it out there, so few take a moment to comment but return to trump bashing.

bash him. he deserves it to be sure. but if you're doing it because of how he treats the press, you need to include obama in those bashings as that is where all this began and where we can clearly see obama wanted our gov to control how things are reported.

who does that again?

As far as transparency and handling of the press, Obama was a pretty terrible COC. The Orange Virus is a petulant child who pees his slacks about them on the daily. Is that better? No.

Trump wouldn't be president if it wasn't for the media -- f'k him and his whining....he loves the NYT that is why he keeps going to them -- he wants to be accepted by the same people he claims to hate more so than the rubes he conned into voting for him
/——. Rush is right again. You libs will never understand Trump or his base. Keep up the good work.

/——. Rush is right again. You libs will never understand Trump or his base. Keep up the good work.
Rush carried the same water for Bush too -- now neither he nor you former Bush sycophants sings Bush's praises -- the same will happen in the subsequent years after Trump.

Rush carried the same water for Bush too -- now neither he nor you former Bush sycophants sings Bush's praises -- the same will happen in the subsequent years after Trump.
/——/ Thanks for proving my point. You will never understand.

In this context, that means screaming FAKE NEWS and attacking the press at every opportunity.

I'm curious, Mac...have you ever seen a President attacked by the Main Stream Media as much as Donald Trump has been? Trump attacks back but he does so because he doesn't feel media outlets like the New York Times has been fair and quite honestly, he's not wrong.

What's different now is that Trump doesn't feel the need to cater to the MSM to get his message out to the people. Like it or hate it...he uses social media to communicate directly to them which has to further infuriate liberals in the media who can't shape the narrative with him as they'd like to.
No, the media has gone nuts on Trump. But he has certainly fed the fire like no other President, as well.

For either side to just blame the other is absurd.

He's a New Yorker, Mac...they're not known for being timid. Expecting anything else at this point is rather pointless. Trump will be abrasive...he'll be over the top...it's who he is.

I'm curious, Mac...have you ever seen a President attacked by the Main Stream Media as much as Donald Trump has been? Trump attacks back but he does so because he doesn't feel media outlets like the New York Times has been fair and quite honestly, he's not wrong.

What's different now is that Trump doesn't feel the need to cater to the MSM to get his message out to the people. Like it or hate it...he uses social media to communicate directly to them which has to further infuriate liberals in the media who can't shape the narrative with him as they'd like to.

I'm sorry but any sane person should be pissed at Trump....he says the stupidest most offensive stuff...it's like dealing with an asshole on daily basis, i'm surprised there isn't a revolution to remove him from power. That been said, I will say it again and again Trump has mental issues.

I'm sorry but any sane person should be pissed at Trump....he says the stupidest most offensive stuff...it's like dealing with an asshole on daily basis, i'm surprised there isn't a revolution to remove him from power. That been said, I will say it again and again Trump has mental issues.

I could care less what politicians "say", Issa! The only thing that matters to me is what they DO! I'm not a huge fan of New Yorkers like Trump. I generally find them to be annoying. What you need to understand however is that I...and many people like me...voted for Donald Trump because we were sick and tired of business as usual inside the Beltway and wanted a change. What Trump has managed to do policy wise since taking office is remarkable. It's why I think any sane person should be spending more time looking at his results and less time freaking out about his tweets. But that's just me...

Forum List

Back