NYT admits quick to grab scoop, but not the kind you think...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/30/w...partner=ALTAVISTA1&pagewanted=print&position=

May 30, 2004
THE PUBLIC EDITOR
Weapons of Mass Destruction? Or Mass Distraction?
By DANIEL OKRENT

ROM the moment this office opened for business last December, I felt I could not write about what had been published in the paper before my arrival. Once I stepped into the past, I reasoned, I might never find my way back to the present.

Early this month, though, convinced that my territory includes what doesn't appear in the paper as well as what does, I began to look into a question arising from the past that weighs heavily on the present: Why had The Times failed to revisit its own coverage of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction? To anyone who read the paper between September 2002 and June 2003, the impression that Saddam Hussein possessed, or was acquiring, a frightening arsenal of W.M.D. seemed unmistakable. Except, of course, it appears to have been mistaken. On Tuesday, May 18, I told executive editor Bill Keller I would be writing today about The Times's responsibility to address the subject. He told me that an internal examination was already under way; we then proceeded independently and did not discuss it further. The results of The Times's own examination appeared in last Wednesday's paper, and can be found online at nytimes.com/critique

continued in link above

No they werent jumping for headlines of american deaths or American atrocities. they were jumping to quick on the WMD's Saddam had. These people are so biased that they are criticizing their reporters for slanting the coverage too much in favor of Bush.

Forum List

Back