NYPD officer's act of kindness goes viral on Facebook

it says america is broken if there is a citizen in the richest country in the world who has never owned a pair of shoes

it says america is broken if there is a citizen in the richest country in the world who has never owned a pair of shoes

How do you know he NEVER owned a pair of shoes? Likely he owned a pair of shoes before he became mentally ill, a drug addict or alcoholic. He's too mentally deranged to know that he's entitled to free stuff or where to go for free stuff, something he would be told at any shelter or soup kitchen.

Free Clothing Resources

Gee, the poh-lease helping a black man. And a white one no less. I thought da man be against all black folks?

Imagine how proud the cop's parents feel about him for doing this. Man, I'd be telling eveyone...That's my boy!!!

Nice cop, but how many people pretend to be homeless to gain public sympathy and some free money?

The NYPD is still a piece of shit that violates civil liberties...LOL

The leadership of Ray Kelly is the problem......"the law doesn't apply to me..." ....:cool:

Nice cop, but how many people pretend to be homeless to gain public sympathy and some free money?

That's true...I watched a program once that talked about this. There are some so-called homeless that make more money than i do, with just handouts! It is hard to know, but does that mean we shouldn't help any of them because of the ones that cheat?

That's true...I watched a program once that talked about this. There are some so-called homeless that make more money than i do, with just handouts! It is hard to know, but does that mean we shouldn't help any of them because of the ones that cheat?

20 years ago, my step dad walked out of the house and was never seen again. He left on December 18. There was a homeless man outside the grocery store panhandling for money. I gave him a picture of my dad and told him there was a reward for information. He said he'd keep an eye out, living on the streets, he came across a lot of homeless.

When I walked away he followed me. He stopped me and apologized. He wasn't homeless. He lived with his mother in Palos Verdes and had a good job. He panhandled at Christmas because he got money and it was fun. He didn't want me to think that anyone was really looking for my dad. I thanked him for his honesty but didn't give him any money. If he was living in Palos Verdes, he didn't need it.

Thank you those who said good, supportive things on this thread....the rest of you? Meh...not so much.

This cop rocks!

There is so much hate and fear concentrated on this board. Its sad and hurtful to see people post obvious lies just get sympathy. Or people who post lies to cause more hate and fear.

Thanks for saying this because, no matter else may or may not be true about this story, one person reached out to help another for no other reason than caring and compassion and all the hate and suspicion and fear does not change that.

The homeless man said he'd never had a pair of shoes. DePrimo purchased a pair of insulated boots and thermal socks and put them on the man's feet.
Read more: NYPD officer's act of kindness goes viral on Facebook | Fox News

What does this sentence say to you?

You mean the smell of bullshit in the air part?

you're unpleasant, aren't you?
I would say more realistic than unpleasant. Especially where the, "I never had a pair of shoes," part is concerned.

This is a highly unusual story. This DePrimo fellow became a cop but is emulating Jesus. I would like to hear candid commentary by other cops.

How long will DePrimo last on NYPD when he is ordered to forcibly remove protesters in an Occupied demonstration, to spray them with pepper oil, to drag them off to jail, or to crack their skulls. He either does it or he refuses to do it, in which case he won't be a cop anymore.

What drew him to that job?

Last edited:

How do you know he NEVER owned a pair of shoes? Likely he owned a pair of shoes before he became mentally ill, a drug addict or alcoholic. He's too mentally deranged to know that he's entitled to free stuff or where to go for free stuff, something he would be told at any shelter or soup kitchen.

Free Clothing Resources
You probably are right about the mental illness. In fact, were it not for Ronald Reagan having closed all the federally funded mental hospitals this man would be watching tv in a warm ward at Willowbrook hospital on Staten Island instead of sitting shoeless on a public street.

It's not widely known that Reagan dumped tens of thousands of mentally sick people onto the streets. If this DePrimo story is given the attention it deserves maybe right-wing America will get a closer look at their hero, Ronald Reagan, The Man From General Electric.

Reagan's "mainstreaming" was horribly tragic and unsuccessful. Instead of helping the most needy of us, it punishes them with hunger and homelessness.

WTF? Yeah right. Reagan invented homeless people.
No. Reagan didn't invent homeless people. But he certainly contributed massively to the homeless population by closing those hospitals.

He did that in addition to commencing a progression of deregulations which ultimately has led to the near collapse of our economy and the diversion of the Nation's wealth resources to a small percentage of bankers and Wall Street insiders.

Those are facts which tend to offend brainwashed corporatist toadies but they are facts nonetheless. And anyone who wishes to research them can start with the infamous Savings & Loan industry scandal. Because its been economically downhill from there.

Reagan's "mainstreaming" was horribly tragic and unsuccessful. Instead of helping the most needy of us, it punishes them with hunger and homelessness.
It was "tragic and unsuccessful" because there never was any genuine hope it could be anything else. Does anyone actually believe Reagan's motive in abandoning these demented people was altruistic?

Reagan went on television, flashed his seductive grade-B actor smile, and told an audience of gullible morons it was immoral to keep mentally incompetent people "locked up" in hospitals so he was "setting them free." And today the streets of American cities are home to these pathetic derelicts, some of whom will freeze to death this winter -- as many of them did last winter and the winters before.

The correct words are uncivilized and cruel.

Forum List

Back